main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode: 403: "Prisoners"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Sep 29, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode: 403: "Prisoners"

Poll closed Dec 28, 2011.
  1. 10

13.5%
  2. 9

10.8%
  3. 8

18.9%
  4. 7

13.5%
  5. 6

2.7%
  6. 5

13.5%
  7. 4

5.4%
  8. 3

2.7%
  9. 2

5.4%
  10. 1

13.5%
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (38 votes): 6.18

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

I was entertained, and that was enough for me.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    If Jar Jar hadn't spit on Padme this would be a 1. As it stands 2/10.

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    7. This was quite a good episode, but brought down by the exagerated stupidity of the villain and pretty nonsensical plan on the part of the heroes.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    1. Whatever hope was left for the trilogy was soiled by a plot that was so flimsily weak and predictable from start to finish, a terrible and unneeded Jaws homage (that we also predicted), a very underwhelming ending that felt rushed, didn't make sense and just fell flat, and more silly "Jar Jar saves the day" shenanigans. Such a disappointment. Hopefully things improve with Shadow Warrior.

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    5/10.

It probably gets docked a couple of points for being the 3rd episode in the arc, but I was mostly bored. I was zoning out for almost the entire time.

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I meant to click 6 but hit 7 instead. :oops: I liked how the idea of redemption/breaking free from slavery was brought full-circle but story-wise this was not a very good ending at all. Lee Char's plan was half-baked and shouldn't have worked, at least in the small amount of time it was given. All in all, he didn't learn anything in this arc except that his position in the monarchy apparently gives him superpowers. [face_tired] In addition, the fact that the Quarren were accepted back into the government with no questions asked was absurd after the atrocities they participated in.

Other than that the episode was really cinematic and intense, especially the epic battle at the end. IMO the five minutes this battle lasted easily trumped the last two episodes. I just loved how urgent it was and the strong rendition of the Force Theme really drove the SW aspect of it home.

All in all the episode wasn't anywhere near the strong ending to the trilogy it could have been but it tied the story and the messages up on an extremely basic level. Along with the amazing visuals and the epic battle I consider it slightly above average. The season needs to be better than this to be great, but this trilogy was a good starting point.

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    9/10

Good episode and I loved Tamson's death @ the end, it was pretty neat. -1 for the coronation ending, that was almost cringe-worhty.

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Any doubts that it's the worst three-part arc?

10. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Hummm.... Malevolence, Ryloth, Holocron, Mandalore, Boba Fett, Clones, Nightsisters, Mortis, Citadel and Trandoshan trilogies. Yeah, on my part this was without a doubt the weakest trilogy we've had.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    All the more reason to fire up the Amnesia-Ray and move on.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh don't I know this episode is terribly lame, predictable, and plothole ridden. But this ending to the Mon Cal arc epitomizes the cheesy campy nature of this show that makes it so endearing to me. This episode fits right alongside episodes like "Downfall of a Droid", "Mystery of 1,000 Moons", and "Evil Plans" as terrible yet enjoyable to me and dear to my heart. From the goofy intro to the Dinsey-like ending I liked it. It has the real merits of the remixed John Williams score, a cool climatic battle, and an intense ending for Tamson. At the end of the day I agree its worse than any other premiere to date and probably the 2nd worst trilogy in the TV series. It certainly doesn't deserve a 10 and I can't bring myself to give it a 6 so I cut it in the middle with an 8.

This makes Gungan Attack my highest rated episode of the trilogy, I enjoyed it slightly more.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    whoops, double post sorry! please delete.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    In my opinion the Water arc is better than the Holocron arc, The Mando Plot, Boba Fett, and Mortis.

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Boba Fett is the worst.:p

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011

I definitely liked this better than Water War and Gungan Attack, but I've watched the whole trilogy at least three times now, and for some reason I almost feel as if this episode does more to help them than itself. Perhaps it just needed too much of a lift. No one's mentioned it in this thread so far but many did in the episode threads, this whole arc could have worked much better had it been condensed into two episodes. So although this episode saved the trilogy, I guess you could say it couldn't save it itself. Ironic... [face_devil]

I agree that this is the worst debut so far, but that's not really trashing it for me because I LOVE all the season debuts other than this one. This I like, but not quite that much.

I'm not sure if I think it's the worst three-parter... If nothing else, I like it better than the Boba Fett trilogy. I'd take an arc that takes too long to really get going over an arc that starts with a bang and quickly devolves to a whimper before somewhat saving itself a little. :p

17. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    8/10

Worst three-part arc? Probably.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I definitely don't think it's anywhere near as good as any of the S3 three-parters.

19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm one of the few people on this forum that think this arc is underrated. In fact, I love it. I think the Malevolence and Boba Fett trilogy were the worst of the entire series.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked the Holocron arc but I'd probably still rank this one better. And this arc is about 1000 times better than the Mortis arc.

This episode? 10/10. Loved it.

21. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    A generous 8.

But, I agree that it was end to the weakest trilogy that the Clone Wars has had.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    4- pretty predictable and boring end to pretty predictable and boring arc..... quarren seem to have both weak will and hive mind- when boss defects to republic everyone automatically joins him:rolleyes:

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    8/10.
    The weakest episode of the arc. Prince Lee-Char rallying the Mon Cala and Quarren was predictable and cliche.
    It seemed that there was more focus on the details (which were very well done) than the story.

24. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I meant to press 6... I guess I gave a 5 instead. Probably the worst the arc but not of the Series by a long shot.

25. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Gave it a 4.

Stupid predictable episode with silly unnecessary moments and completely unbelievable character development for the prince. Let alone the bizarre storyline where the Quarren suddenly have a change of heart and all the Mon Cal prisoners suddenly (or still) have weapons.

Yeah, giving it a 4 is generous, even.

NEXT.