main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 404: "Shadow Warrior"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Oct 6, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 404: "Shadow Warrior"

Poll closed Oct 6, 2011.
  1. 10

7.8%
  2. 9

9.8%
  3. 8

11.8%
  4. 7

23.5%
  5. 6

9.8%
  6. 5

7.8%
  7. 4

7.8%
  8. 3

9.8%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

11.8%
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (52 votes): 5.9

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    1. What a train wreck. Good start to the season so far. I can only applaud whoever makes the trailers for getting all our hopes up and making Shadow Warrior look like it might have been half decent. We all got played for suckers. I tip my hat to you sir, well played.

3. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Enjoyed Grievous
    Gungan plot didn't make much sense, rushed but still very enjoyable for me.

4. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    A very generous 3. It had good potential & I enjoyed the humor...I love the Gungans but otherwise :oops: big time! As a fan of Padmè and Anakin respectively as well as together, it was once again a total trainwreck.. on a happy note, this is the first time my vote is actually gonna be counted on the tally![face_dancing]

5. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    8/10

Okay episode, nothing special. Dooku being a badass was cool to see. :)

Grievous wearing a fishbowl over his head with electricity is priceless. [face_laugh]

6. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Throughout my time on LACWAC, I've always considered myself on the side of the "gushers". I enjoyed Season 3, and even the Mon Cala arc had its high points for me. Now with that out of the way...

This episode was a trainwreck from start to finish. The invented conflict between the Gungans and the Naboo, the inclusion of yet another tensionless fight between Dooku and Anakin, Grevious losing to a single Gungan (and with that the death of the only "cool" Gungan in Star Wars), and the further butchering of Padme's character all drag this episode down into the depths of mediocrity. Oh, and let's not forget the wonderful inclusion of the reset button at the end.

At least the animation was pretty. [face_tired]

4/10.

7. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    I know how you feel. Season 4's been pretty underwhelming so far.

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This is the only episode from season 4 I didn't like and one of the few in the series I completely dislike. I'll give this a generous 4 which I think is the lowest grade I've given an episode. Mostly because although it didn't make sense the episode didn't start grinding my nerves until the droid army was randomly deactivated and it did have that lovely scene with the lovely music descending into the Gungan dome city. I also liked Anakin's chase. I disliked the rest of it completely.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    3/10 for Jar-Jar being surprisingly not incredibly annoying, at least to the other Gungans, and for Padme having the best voice acting she's probably had in the series.

That's being generous. Despite how much I hate Senate Spy and Corruption, this might actually be the worst episode in the series.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    3 i was too generous before maybe I still am- i liked music (even though it lacked the droid invasion) and new animation models and Jar Jar is actually funny nowadays but episode made little sense.... and Grievous and Anakin were embarassed like never before.... but kaadus are great and I liked Rish Loo even though he was wasted.....

What episode showed that? Dooku didn't even do much- his magnas kicked Anakin's *ss.....

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

The episode reeks of not giving a ****.

12. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    1/10. I really don't think this episode is worth writing another review so I'll just direct you all to my original one in the Shadow Warrior thread. The episode's plot was awful and convoluted and it wasn't worth it one bit with dull action and an unsatisfying ending.

The only redeemable qualities were Padme being tolerable and the amusing first minute or so of Jar Jar and Grievous. Honestly, this is the first episode I considered changing the channel over.

13. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    7/10. I think this episode is underrated like a lot of Season 4 episodes on this forum. Like I said in another forum, it makes up for in creativity.

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    No offense, but I didn't see an ounce of creativity in this episode. Naboo in peril? Done. Separatist deceit leading to a near-war? Check. Main character captured and tortured? Seen it. Grievous gloating when he could have actually done something? You can see where I'm going with this...

To each his own but to me this episode is the epitome of everything that is bad about the show.

15. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    I forgot to mention: Padmé shooting a commando droid in the head earned a bit more respect from me.

You mean Dooku spamming Force lightning isn't badass? :eek:

:p

16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [face_sick]

17. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Gave it a 6. Meh

18. Tordelback

Tordelback Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2008
    I gave it an 8 - it had logic problems, but it was good fun, looked really great, and more importantly I thought the Tarpals/Grievous fight was the highlight of the season so far And it was a done-in-one, which is my preferred way to enjoy TCW.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Another way around would've been better.... continuity would've been messed up though.... but hey that is what TCW does anyway:p

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well, I ilke the fast pace and the break from the arc stories, so thats a big plus. The animation has definitely improved and once again we were reminded by GL that everyone in his star wars univers (movies and tv series) can be beaten. No one is above defeat. Grevious loses and so does Anakin. I give this one a 10 out of 10. Yeah, we still get politics, but with action. Thats something we didn't see too much last year from the political episodes.

22. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    A generous 5/10.

23. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    7/10

There were lots of good points already addressed, but I disliked the ending, the plot was off, and the pacing was really off. I feel as if I'm being a tad bit generous.

24. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    10/10

Simply awesome! Jar Jar for president!

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think this episode has officially replaced Supply Lines as the hardest TCW episode for me to judge. There are some things I liked and some I didn't, and one or two things that I liked a lot. I liked the Gungan witch doctor archetype, and just like with the Nightsisters, the interpretation I opted for explained the mind-control necklace as primitive Force use perceived as magic by the user. Between that and Tarpals I felt this was somewhat redeemed as a Gungan episode, although I think it's unfortunate that they decided to kill him in his first appearance. They definitely way over-played Jar Jar trying to sound like the boss. That wasn't fun. Seeing Darth Sidious was great as always, and I thought the dialogue and fight between Darth Tyranus and Anakin was great. It was definitely sketchy that Padme alone decided to make the swap.

I'm leaning towards a 6 right now, but I'll wait to vote. I might go 7 if there are enough good mood-setters. I love the opening sequence of this episode before they land. It feels like Star Wars to me. All-in-all, if this is the only Jar Jar episode we get this season, I'll be a happy camper.