main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode: 407: Darkness On Umbara

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Nov 1, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode: 407: Darkness On Umbara

Poll closed Jan 30, 2012.
  1. 10

48.0%
  2. 9

30.0%
  3. 8

14.0%
  4. 7

4.0%
  5. 6

2.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.0%
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You know the drill. Remember to pick the correct button for your score.

Grade average (51 votes): 9.03

2. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    9/10.

FINALLY a good episode. My score will probably go up or down a point depending on how the rest of the arc goes.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I think I'll rate it when the whole arc is over.

P.S: Ahah, the troll who votes 1 is already here.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    8. Good episode. For more detail, see my review in the episode discussion thread.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    10, loved it from start to finish. Great replay value. Great character interplay, great dialogue, nice action, great opener for the arc. Krell is interesting, Fives is really growing, Hardcase has quite a personality, Tup is funny, and finally Rex has some spotlight. Its got a few issues but nothing that takes away the fun.

7. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Nice to see the "1" troll struck early.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    9.5 so it is full ten this time:cool: . Unexplained umbaran gas masks and stuff were minor cons and episode was bit simple but it was just the first chapter of the story so it is natural....

9. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    FINALLY! TCW IS BACK WITH THIS EPISODE! The Mon Cala trilogy was above average, and then the unspeakable #4, #5 was good, and then below average #6. There were small issues with this episode, but I can feel great about the episode as a whole. Fantastic start to a great arc!

10/10 =D=

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I'll go with an 8/10. Not quite a Landing at Point Rain for action, but the cross character dialogue makes up for it.

11. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Gave it a 9. A fantastic episode, that just fall short of perfection due to Krell being a bit too on the nose and the action almost getting repetitive.

Wow, currently the absolute average of this episode (average between mean and median) is breaking the 9 barrier, an honour only shared by 3 other episodes.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    My score wasn't a 9 or 10 primarily because I didn't want to include any bias regarding Darkness on Umbara's placement in the schedule after 6 shockingly bad episodes.

13. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    7/10

If Krell hadn't been handled so ham fistedly the episode would have got an 8 or 9 from me.

14. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    9/10

Best episode so far this season, I'd say in the top 10 of the whole series. Love that the enemies aren't droids and they use real working tactics. Deducted one point because of annoying clone chatter during opening invasion. That scene would be so much more powerful if the only audio was music, gun fire, and explosions.

15. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    9/10

Minor complaint about Krell's Heel Face Tur near the end, but otherwise pretty damn awesome.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol

Gave it a 9, though I feel I'm being a bit generous. Was highly entertained despite them Grievousing Krell. Hopefully they'll be a little more subtle with Krell in the upcoming episodes, but I highly doubt it.

If they keep it up, I'll just start referring to him as Grievous2, because they'd just be two sides of the same coin.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011

This episode has its cerebral and action components more seamlessly blended than probably any other TCW episode. It doesn't get a ten because it had a lot more of the latter than the former, and I'd prefer more of a balance. To me action is great but not as re-watchable, which is a really important factor for me. (Although, frankly, this episode has among the most re-watchable action sequences in all TCW. All the different first person views were amazing.)

18. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Man it feels so good to write a completely positive review! 10/10 easily, this is why I stay with the show even through all the bad episodes. I really believe Darkness on Umbara set the bar for the series. Hopefully it will never dip below it again! [face_praying]

19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Giving it a 9. Not perfect, but damn near.

By far the best and most exciting episode of the season. It's like nothing at all happened in the 6 episodes before this.

This was like watching Band of Brothers.

Much better episode than Landing at Point Rain, which was overrated IMO.

Docking just a single point for slightly over-vilifying Krell. (Just talking about the anti-clone sentiments - that could have waited IMO)

20. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Agreed. This was much more varied with an actual storyline, not just wall-to-wall action.

I'll say 8/10 for now, though my opinion may change later. IOW, it was great, and it may have more layers that I'm just not seeing yet.

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Can't find anything wrong with this episode.
    10/10

22. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Why, Ahsoka wasn't there. [face_skull]

23. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Wasn't she in the newsreel for, like, half a second? :p

24. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    She was there for a split second, but now that you remind me, I'm very upset it was only for a split second. She deserves more screen time!!!