main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 409 "Plan of Dissent"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 18, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 409 "Plan of Dissent"

Poll closed Nov 18, 2011.
  1. 10

27.0%
  2. 9

40.5%
  3. 8

16.2%
  4. 7

8.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

8.1%
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (38 votes): 8.28

2. sacharias

sacharias Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2011
    I voted first! :p

Completely a 10/10, for this show. The clone characterization was superb, and it gave as a glimpse into the minds of clones on both sides of the issue - Dogma and Tup provided an awesome counterbalance to Rex, Fives and Jesse. The space battle was epic. And more ROTS-foreshadowing Appo scenes... Hardcase...

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    10/10. Would have been an 11/10 if they'd made that space battle longer.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Three 10 ratings in a row, TCW is on a roll. "Plan of Dissent" is the best character driven episode TCW has ever produced in my opinion. Great dialogue and great character interplay between the clones was able to carry the episode perfectly. Top that off with a short but sweet space battled and a little bit of a cliff hanger ending and its a hell of an episode and my new #1 episode of all time.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    8/10.

I didn't love the TPM reference and I thought the episode was, from start to finish, 100% predictable.

Nevertheless, some great characterization and it was entertaining all the same.

Still think they probably could have fit this into one great trilogy rather than 4 episodes, but that's just me, apparently.

6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    9/10

Great episode that continues the fantastic Umbaran arc. The only problem I had was the space battle was far too short.

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    7/10

I didn't like this one as much as the last two, because the references seemed to undermine the severity that had been shown in the arc so far. While I admit that I did laugh at Hardcase destroying the hangar door, it just felt so out of place compared to the Vietnam style warfare of the last two episodes.

The big saving grace for me was Rex and Fives. Rex has the interesting internal struggle in this episode, while Fives finally gets the motivation for his character revealed at last.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    8 out of 10.

9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    8/10. Another great contribution to the arc, but several aspects knocked it down a little bit. For one, the space battle was painfully short. I can't believe they created something that stood up against ROTS but cut it down. Another problem for me is that there was a little too much lightheartedness in this one, notably Five's and Hardcase's explanation to Krell. Not only did Krell seem dumber than ever for believing them, but hearing him say "booby trap" didn't exactly do wonders for his intimidating personality. :p

All in all a great episode, but it was bogged down slightly by the quirks that the other episodes in the arc were luckily free of.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    1. The plot was boring, incredibly contrived and included way too many ripoffs. A ludicrous amount of time was devoted to building up to them actually disobeying orders, but it was pointless build-up because they were all in on it from the very beginning. So that was 14 minutes wasted already. The space battle I couldn't care less about, the inclusion of the battle droids was depressing, and Krell kept flip flopping between moderate and super evil throughout. There's more, but as of right now they escape me.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I gave this garbage episode a 1 out of 10.

12. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I gave it 10 of 10.

One of the best episodes thus far.

13. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Gave it an 8. Not quite as good as the previous two episodes, but still good. I thought the thing with manoeuvring the fighter was a little repetitive, but I liked how they made the clones' insubordination both more believable and more out-of-the-ordinary.

14. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
  15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    There's no other way I can vote on this than 8. I definitely liked it better than The General which I give a 7, and I definitely didn't like it quite as much as Darkness on Umbara. So I'm just going by that, pretty much.

I think we probably got the most nuanced portrayal of the dynamics between clones' personalities than ever before, which to me is a big step in the right direction. This didn't have the action of DoU or TG, but it had the plot development TG was missing, and action isn't the most important thing to me. DoU had plenty of both though. That's one reason why it's in between.

16. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    lol@ the 1's.

ridiculous.

17. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    ^ Opinions man.

18. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    9/10.

Had to dock a mark for a the overly long hangar scene gag. Otherwise good.

19. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

Loved the TPM reference as well as Hardcase's sacrifice.

This episode also made me care for Jesse and Fives much more than before.

20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    9/10 from me.

Minus the TPM ending on the suppy ship it was really entertaining, the clone discussions were believable and well thought out and Hardcase's sacrifice worked very well.

21. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    9/10

A step up from The General, great clone rebellion, LOVED the references to TPM. :D

22. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Great episode with amazing animation. The space battle was the best part, especially with the new Umbarain ships.