Clone Wars Grade the Episode - 410 "Carnage of Krell"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 26, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 410 "Carnage of Krell"

Poll closed Nov 26, 2011.
10 26 vote(s) 51.0%
9 14 vote(s) 27.5%
8 6 vote(s) 11.8%
7 1 vote(s) 2.0%
6 0 vote(s) 0.0%
5 0 vote(s) 0.0%
4 0 vote(s) 0.0%
3 1 vote(s) 2.0%
2 0 vote(s) 0.0%
1 3 vote(s) 5.9%
  1. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (52 votes): 8.76
  2. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    10/10

The best of the best, every other CW episode should bow down before this one.

3. sacharias Jedi Knight

star 2
    ^This.

Still waiting for the 1 ratings to come in. I could use a a chuckle. ;)
  4. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    10. I think this is the best episode of TCW ever. Amazing balance of action, grim-dark, and character driven drama. A satisfying end to the arc. I could write and essay but I'll spare you all the torture.
  5. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    9/10. Perfect episode on its own, but I had to dock a point because it didn't do a very good job of tying up the arc as a whole. (How did the Republic beat the Umbarans? Is Umbara back with the Republic now? What happens next?) Also, they went a little overboard with Krell's gloating and maniacal laughter. Of course, this was a character-focused episode so those aspects didn't bother me as much as they would in a more plot-focused one.
  6. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    ^ That simply wasn't the focus of the arc, FF. ;)

Gave it a 9.

Absolutely thrilling episode, docking 1 point because I feel it's too bad he turned out to be some sort of traitor after all, though it could have been worse. Still a great ending to a great arc.
  7. strawberryfields Jedi Master

Just posted this in the other thread but:

Superb. Best Clone Wars episodes I have seen, brilliantly written and performed. The episodes with clones in them are by far the best, and that is what I want from the show really. I stopped watching a few of the recent ones (not clued up on the names really- the ones with the Anakin visions and the one with the small creatures and C3PO)- this is what we want!

Great stuff. And Krell was an extremely interesting character.
  8. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    8/10 The Krell reveal was a let for me but past that I thought it was excellent.
  9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    I can't exactly double back on my words and give more than a one now, can I.

But it's okay, because I honestly don't think it deserves anything else. I was left very disappointed and underwhelmed by this episode and the whole arc. Obviously after the "opinions matter" debacle last weekend I don't really feel like revisiting painful memories and trying to type up the stuff that drags it down into 1 territory.
  10. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    8/10. Not quite as epic as The General, and a number of scenes were so ham fisted that I groaned, but it had some great action and superb visual design.

My ratings for the arc go
    The General - 9
    Darkness on Umbara and Carnage of Krell - tied at 8
    Plan of Dissent - 7

A very solid arc.
  11. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    3/10

I totaled up my scores for the arc and the average is five, which sounds about right to me.
  12. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    10/10

Fantastic episode, although I still feel the episode would have worked far better if Krell was a dark Jedi using the clones' friendly fire slaughter to gain the confidence f the Umbaran leader or something along those lines. Waxer's death was touching, and the score when Rex was running across the Umbaran grounds was Kiner's finest. And yes, "Carnage" in the title was exposed in the actual episode, so that was nice.

For the arc:

Darkness on Umbara: 10
    The General-9
    Plan of Dissent-9
    Carnage of Krell-10

The best arc this series has produced. Best duology still belongs to the Padawan finale for me.
  13. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    One of the easiest 10's I've given.
  14. Convor Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    9/10. Krell wasn't as poorly done as I feared he would be, but his incessant cackling did start to wear on me by the end.
  15. rumblewagon Force Ghost

star 4
    9/10.
    Krell loling and chortling was just a bit too cliche for me. Otherwise, one of the best.
  16. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5

As others have noted, worse thing about it was Krell's cliched evil laughter and gloathing. He really didn't need that. Other than that, a superb episode for what it doubtlessly the best arc of the series. Never has the show managed to create such a consistently great stream of episodes.
  17. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    At first I was wondering "Wow, so many high grades for Kidnapped!", but then I realized. :p

10/10

Epic epicness.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
    10 from me too. This is the first 10 I've given in S4 so far. Sure, I was kinda looking forward to an actual court martial, but I can't imagine how that possibly could have been better than what we got. That would have to be one hell of a court martial.
  19. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    9/10 for Krell hamming it up and being a Sith/Seppie wannabe, as I've mentioned several hundred times by now:p
  20. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    10/10

This may have been the best written episode the show has produce, surpassing Rookies and Voyage of Temptation.
  21. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
    The percentage of 10's keeps going up and up. [face_hypnotized]
  22. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    There is no doubt this arc is an unprecedented success. The total average of the whole arc is an impressive 8.83. But even better is how constant the quality was, the difference between the highest- and lowest-rated episode is a meager 0.4 points.
  23. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    TCW's weakest point is writing, but that hardly shows here, very impressive 22 minutes. The consistency of the entire arc itself has been incredible, but for me "Darkness on Umbara" was the best and remains so.

LITTLE RANT: I still don't get how "Nomad Droids" got a higher grade for IGN than "The General" and "Carnage of Krell"...my classmate was trying to justify the decision, but nope, I still don't buy it.
    RANT ENDS. :)

@Gry: Is there a possibility of an Arc/Duology graph? That would be neat. [face_peace]
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
    Nomad Droids is the only droids-centered TCW episode I like, but even I can't fathom ranking it higher than Carnage of Krell unless you're a strict droids-fan-boy/girl or something.
  25. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    You mean with just the average grade of each arc? Yeah, that can be arranged. Only question is whether Senate Spy is considered part of the Geonosis arc. Oh well, since I'm the one doing this, it's not. :p