main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 410 "Carnage of Krell"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 26, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 410 "Carnage of Krell"

Poll closed Nov 26, 2011.
  1. 10

51.0%
  2. 9

27.5%
  3. 8

11.8%
  4. 7

2.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

5.9%
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This entire arc got a 10 from me. First time I've given 4 of those in a row. First arc I'd given that grade as a whole. I've got a feeling that although I may enjoy upcoming episodes including the one that aired Friday its going to be a while before I give another 10. I'm optimistic, but realistically its not likely.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    9/10

It was a great episode, but I think it should have a fitting ending. What was the Jedi Council reaction to this? At ifrst I though it was the "Kidnapped" episode's fault for not showing any discussion about it, but now I realize they had too much time throughout this arc to show that.

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Yeah that'd be great. Thanks! [face_peace]

4. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    10/10

"Carnage of Krell" is now my favorite episode of The Clone Wars. Ever. =D=

5. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    10/10.

Very good.

6. ObsessiveFantasy

ObsessiveFantasy Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2010
    Agree 100%. It will be extremely hard to beat the Umbara arc. Best yet. 10/10.

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    3 out of 10. This was a wasted idea with Krell. The action is not on par, in fact there was a scene when Rex finally takes the clone troopers helmet off and you still see laser fire in the back ground even though everyone was order to stop firing. Here is an example of action not needed. Krell could have been used in a different manner. Also, I understand tha ROTS is the end game here, but, I do not need stories to mirror or foreshadow that movie. Order 66 is an obscure command that is only given and then followed at that moment. We don't need to see clone capturing and killing jedi until then, or trying to rationlize what they are.

I could really not use the Umbara arc. I could understand the Mon Cal arc, and the Shadow Warrior episode after the Mon Cal as those show the influence of how the separtists and its cohert works, but the idea of clone now turning on their commanding officer is too premature for me. Umbara might have been a better arc towards the end of the clone war series as we get closer to ROTS, but not now. Clones follow orders until the end. If this was how were going, then what to say that the clones should not follow order 66 beucase most of the jedi are good and have fought with the clones till the end?

8. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    ^ Thank goodness I'm not the only one bothered by this...Even if they put this arc right before ROTS it would still not make sense to me because having the clones have that much of a personality defeats the reason they were created and what was said in AOTC.. and don't get me started on Krell or his "confession":oops: I did like the sense of brotherhood between the said clones and just FOR THAT the arc gets 5.

9. sacharias

sacharias Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2011
    [Clears throat]. I believe the entire point of the Umbara arc was to say that the above propostions are false. The clones are not forced to follow orders, and it is almost certain that a few of them will not obey Order 66 for the same reasons we saw them disobey in the Umbara arc.

Like it or not, TCW has made it abundantly clear that, as far as this series is concerned, clones can and will disobey orders. It's rare, unusual and usually difficult, but it can happen. It takes a strong man to rise above a lifetime of brainwashing and conditioning, but it's not impossible.

FWIW, the reason why the clones have such a "brotherhood" is because of the personality and individuality they intrinsically have. They're humans, and as such they will always have free will - they've only been raised and conditioned to disregard it.

10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I felt that Krell became a great sort of poster so to speak for Order 66, his memory probably was still there for many of the clones, if not all, who survived the carnage.