main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 414 "A Friend In Need"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Grade the Episode - 414 "A Friend In Need"

Poll closed Jan 20, 2012.
  1. 10

19.4%
  2. 9

19.4%
  3. 8

36.1%
  4. 7

5.6%
  5. 6

2.8%
  6. 5

11.1%
  7. 4

2.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.8%
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (38 votes): 7.55

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Bwhahaha. Dueling polls.

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    8/10. It would have been pretty much perfect if not for that terrible excuse for a peace conference.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I was going to rate this 8/10 due to some of the clunky lines and shaky plot points.
    But the siren call of that quad-decap Ahsoka-fanservice was too much to resist.
    9/10.
    Thank you, Ahsoka-fanservice!

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    9/10

The opening was the only clunky bit, but other than that it was a fantastic stand-alone and my favorite episode of this season after the Umbaran arc.

6. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    8/10

Been looking forward to this all season, and it didn't disappoint!

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    5/10, though I might have hit the wrong button.

As I said in the episode thread, this felt more like several segments from random episodes strung together in an inane attempt to pair up Ahsoka and Lux. The Commando Droids have become a complete joke. Ahsoka is apparently able to afflict the minds of Death Watch to turn them into tools. Katie Sackoff was utterly wasted.

The only thing I liked was the EU style Death Watch. But they deserved their own story, not what we got here. I would have much preferred seeing how Viszla got his scar instead of being told about it. I guess that teenage love is more interesting than a political coup and rebellion.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    7.5/10 rounded up to 8/10.

2nd half with Deathwatch gets 10/10 but first half was 5/10.

9. Confederate_Republic

Confederate_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2011
    Ended up going with a 5/10. Faults are everywhere and stick out blatantly, but it wasn't horrible and served to be entertaining.

Mainly appreciated it because it served to be the true end of the Slave Arc.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    6/10, I wish I could give this episode higher. I really liked seeing Deathwatch again. I really liked Lux. I really thought him and Ahsoka had chemistry. This episode really planted the seeds for their future relationship as well as for some major crap to go down later. The little cliff hanger was cool. The fight between Ashoka and Pre was beautifully choreographed and Artoo was well used in this episode. However this episode has next to no replay value for me. I've watch it twice, the same number of times as "Nomad Droids". The entire beginning with the peace conference was a boring waste of time. I felt Pre lost a alot of his complexity and simply became a villain for me to hate and want dead (I really don't know any better). Then this episode seems to have alot of needless violence for the sake of violence and no I'm not some grandma who is offended by violence in cartoons. I really hope this episode doesn't become more loose ends and as an upshot can't wait to see where Lux turns up next.

11. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    8/10. Solid episode, but the female Mando didn't live up to the hype just yet.

12. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    8/10.

I had a few complaints, mostly related to the impunity with which Ahsoka screws things up, but I liked it overall. This episode just proves that Filoni is one of LFA's greatest assets.

Oh, and Bo-Katan's upper arms are a little too scrawny.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    8- it was a nice ep but it could've been better...

14. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    I was leaning towards an 8 with this one, but I ended up giving it a 9/10. More specifically, for the ZOMG BADASS AHSOKA QUAD DECAPITATION:

[image=http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff472/inherentconflict/1327108603166.gif]

Haters will hate.

The opening on Mandalore was clunky, rushed and unnecessary. But the rest of the episode was so amazing that it hardly mattered. IMO.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh wow, someone turned that into a gif.

16. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    [face_laugh] Nice!

17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Thank the maker!

18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    While it was fragmented and felt like 3 episodes kinda jammed into one this was a very fun episode. Probably one of my favorites in the past couple seasons. 8/10

19. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Gave it a 4. For every cool visual or interesting plot point, there was a huge misstep, like lame commando droids, mischaracterized Vizsla & Death Watch, and Ahsoka's cheap forced beheadings.

20. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I wouldn't say the Death Watch were mis-characterized, but instead we were missing a step in their evolution. I much prefer these bandit thugs to the political terrorists, since these guys look like the jerks from Open Seasons. However, we're missing the middle part of the equation: when Death Watch went rogue. Here, we just get some lame exposition about how Viszla challenged Dooku.

Wouldn't that have been interesting to see?

21. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Gave it an 8.

Some weak points in the plot, but very exciting overall and a great, well-balanced fight.

22. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I gave it an 8/10 mostly because ofthe beginning. It just felt rushed and thrown together that just didn't flow together well at all. The commando droids just like what everyone else has said have become pushover ls just like the regular B1 battle droids. What happened to the kickass commandos we saw all the way back in the episode "Rookies". Also the peace talks at the beginning served no purpose and lux's random appearance had no explanation. Because of those things I deducted from it 2 points but other then that a very enjoyable episode I loved seeing Death Watch again and I do agree Viszla's character has kind of gone off the deep end but I overlooked that. Great action sequence in th last 10 minutes of the episode and I loved the chemistry between Ahsoka and Lux through the entire episode. One more thing I really liked was how R2 was handled n this episode, he was finally depicted in the way he should be. All in all a very solid episode for TCW.