main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 416 "Friends and Enemies"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 2, 2012.

?

Grade the Episode - 416 "Friends and Enemies"

Poll closed Feb 2, 2012.
  1. 10

25.9%
  2. 9

37.0%
  3. 8

18.5%
  4. 7

3.7%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

7.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

3.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.7%
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade Average (26 votes): 8.12

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    11/10.
    So good that I want to re-do my score for "Deception". It made me realize that I can't jump to conclusions that there were plot holes in the previous episode.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    9/10. I loved this one. Great mix of humor and action. It had a nice, campy Star Wars feel to it. Dialogue and character interactions were superb and there was some foreshadowing of some relationships going sour in the future while another grows darker and stronger. Gives this episode alot of weight in a series where continuity is laid out in a trail of breadcrumbs. My only major grip with this episode is the repetitiveness of crashing ships.

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I'll go with another 8/10. For once, the dialogue in this show has actually been somewhat subtle. Even in episodes that I love, everyone speaks like a large ham. Here, there's some more nuance in the conversations. Standout stuff goes to Eval. Just his delivery of the line complaining about getting scammed by the Bith was perfect.

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    7/10. I was entertained, but it never felt like the stakes were really that high. Usually I don't fall into the "I can't feel suspense because I know the eventual fate of the characters" camp, but for some reason the episode just didn't have me hanging on the edge of my seat like others in the past. Nevertheless, the episode brought Star Wars back to its gunslinging, cowboy roots and hinted at some dark things with Palpatine so it is certainly a winner!

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I was going to give this a 9/10, but then realized that I really don't have much of a gripe with it. In the grand scheme of all TCW episodes, it was one of the best. It just... felt like Star Wars. And starring Obi-Wan, to boot.

So 10/10.

7. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Good episode. Gave it an 8.

I liked how they somewhat explained not being able to contact Anakin. Could have been done better, but it's okay as far as I'm concerned.

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    3/10 Despite being more fun than last epsiode it can't overcome its origins.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    9/10. Some minor problems but overall I thought it was fantastic.

Not quite enough to get it into that 10/10 echelon but definitely one of the top episodes of the last 2 years.

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    A 10/10 from me.

I think it was the fight in the end that made this episode. That and Cad Bane's line to Ahsoka after Anakin was knocked out: "Sorry lil' lady, but we'll have to dance some other time".

11. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    A solid 8.

12. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    10/10.

The Anakin vs. Obi-Wan/Bane fight made it for me. Similarly, Obi-Wan's swagger in his disguise, swigging back a drink with his feet on the table. :p

Cohesive and tight, like the best SW can offer.