main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 418 "Crisis on Naboo"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 20, 2012.

?

Grade the Episode - 418 "Crisis on Naboo"

Poll closed Feb 20, 2012.
  1. 10

14.3%
  2. 9

25.7%
  3. 8

28.6%
  4. 7

5.7%
  5. 6

8.6%
  6. 5

5.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2.9%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

8.6%
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (36 votes): 7.36

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    6/10. It tied up the Anakin/Obi-Wan trust issue nicely and it had some entertaining action. However, it failed to tell us what exactly Palpatine wanted to be kidnapped for and ripped the premise of the Anakin/Dooku duel right out of ROTS. As is the case with a lot of arc-enders, the episode was good on its own but fell short as a product of four weeks of storytelling.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    9/10. I honestly enjoyed this episode. This episode really clicked for me, particularly after I watched the entire arc together. I see this a bit differently from alot of people. Not as a kidnapping but as a showcase of Palpatine's manipulations and plotting. This episode really seems to move some of the threads and it feels like ROTS is closer around the bend. Great character development for Obi-wan. And even the 100th duel between Anakin and Dooku felt like it was building toward something.

4. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Oh look, the 1/10 troll strikes again! :p

8/10 for me. Thought it was a pretty good episode and a great way to end this arc. Points deducted for a few disappointments (not enough Embo!) and for it not being as good as the first two eps.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    At first I wasn't sure this deserved as high as a 9, but now I'm trying to think of a good reason not to give this a 10. I think that would make my second 10 of S4? Maybe the third, I forget how many 10's I gave the General Krell arc. I think this was definitely the best episode of this arc, and I can't get enough of the Anakin/Palpatine/Jedi Council intrigue. I'll think about it more before voting but I'm leaning towards 10 right now.

6. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Gave it a 9/10. Would've given it a 10/10 if it wasn't for the hologram costumes flickering on and off like they did. Other then that great lightsaber action, tension between anakin and Obi-wan from this mission comes to a head, and some great Sidious forshadowing in ROTS.

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    8/10. My first viewing might have resulted in a 6 or 7, but upon rewatching the plot doesn't seem nearly so convuluted and - well - fast.

Points deducted for speed of resolution and a desire for bit more Anakin-Obi-Wan interaction after the plot is foiled. I don't need or want every tiny little plot point spelled out for me, but it would have been nice to see what Obi-Wan's role was to be, and if the "one shot" and listening device were a result of Dooku's figuring him out. He may have been meant as a diversion all along, but even if he was "duped" he should have told Mace something like, "I am to shot the Chancellor at such and such point."

Points given back for good use of the minimal characterization moments - Obi-Wan's moment of doubt (or thought, or reflection, pick your own) and wish to again be himself and have things go back the way they were and "should be..."

The double deception was great, but blink and you were trying to play catch up which is why I say a second or third viewing is almost mandatory to "get" this episode.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
  9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    What did ya take points away for, Garth?

10. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    As was said in an earlier post, this episode very effectively foreshadows ROTS - Anakin becoming mistrustful, the Jedi Council expecting Anakin to comply with their schemes, Obi-Wan feeling pain at deluding his closest friend, Palpatine pulling strings, Dooku remaining Anakin's most bitter rival, etc.

Also, there's a nice allusion to Darth Plagueis with Palpatine mentioning the plasma mines in his speech (considering his role in them...) and Dooku's RV point being a plasma refinery. It doesn't make the episode for me, but it's a nice touch and probably bumped my score up by one.

9/10.

11. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Eh, gave it a 7.

12. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    One of the worst TCW's episodes ever. The plot made no sense, the characters all acted as if they were inexplicably stupid and the one thing which good have been awesome was completely dropped. 1/10

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Darth Sidious was anything but inexplicably stupid in this episode - his plan seemed to work to perfection. This episode was almost as great a snapshot into how Palpatine runs everything behind the scenes as Ep. I.

14. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    There is a whole recent discussion thread for this episode that you seem to have missed.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    You mean the one I posted in? [face_thinking]

16. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    "Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode"

Copy and paste, its not that difficult.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    You said why you gave it the grade you did and I asked about it, ergo I was following the purpose of the thread. Just like I asked Garth about his grade. I haven't decided what grade to go with.

18. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Gave it a 6.

19. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    5, 10 if the Separatist prisoners had been released as planned, that was nothing but a big tease.

20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Could you elaborate on why the plot made no sense or why the characters acted as if they were inexplicably stupid and what that one thing which could have been awesome was?

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    3- plot was terrible- what an awful disappointment for a promising arc- I hated it when CIS-plan failed AGAIN- Dooku shouldn't have been there facing Anakin AGAIN etc. But scenery was beautiful and Sio Bibble was animated as well. And duel (while it shouldn't have taken place at all) looked nice...

22. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    You already talked about this with me in the actual discussion thread. Why would I need to repeat myself here? This thread is for voting on the episode, not going into extreme detail about how I came into my opinions. Thats what the discussion thread is for.

If you wish to discuss the episode with me then do so in the discussion thread.

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    8/10
    If there were no other (or at least fewer) Anakin/Dooku fights prior to this one, I?d give this episode a much higher score, because this was one of the best Anakin/Dooku fights, yet is still weighted down by the redundancy of their lightsaber duels. It?s truly stunning how often Anakin has dueled Dooku, yet never come face-to-face with Grievous. What are the probabilities?

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Just watched this for the millionth time and decided to give it the 10. This episode adds to the Anakin/Jedi Council/Palpatine intrigue of Ep. III more than any other TCW episode so far. That's what it boils down to for me.

25. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Didn't notice this earlier. Robimus is right that we're not supposed to get into a rehash of the actual episode thread, but it would have been 10/10 if they had decided to fool the audience about the Palpatine hologram thing as well I just had to dock for yet another Anakin v. Dooku encounter.

The "crackling" in the hologram costumes didn't bother me because I figured it wasn't IU and was for the audience only.