main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode: S05E14: Eminence

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 24, 2013.

?

How would you rate "Eminence"?

1. 10/10

32.8%
  2. 9/10

36.2%
  3. 8/10

17.2%
  4. 7/10

6.9%
  5. 6/10

3.4%
  6. 5/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4/10

1.7%
  8. 3/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/10

1.7%
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You guys know the drill.

Poll results are available by clicking on the number of votes next to each score.

That being said, we'd still prefer you to post with your score and what you liked and disliked

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I've thought about this one a bit and have only been able to watch it once so far, normally I try and watch eps atleast twice. I'm going with a 9.

This episode was just setup for the rest of the arc but what an awesome fast paced ride. Its great to get back to some action and to some plot threads with weight in TCW. It was great to see Deathwatch back on screen and kicking some ass. I liked the character development for both Maul and Vizsla, the dynamic between the two is great. Its interesting to watch Vizsla restraining himself every time Maul talks down to him. I almost feel sorry for him but then I remember "A Friend in Need". Maul has some awesome guile. My favorite part was Embo vs. Savage.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm finding it hard to score this one, I know it's not great, and I know it's not among the worst TCW episodes...

So I present my thoughts in Simpsons form:

Lo Pan: This episode was fast paced.
    Me: That's good.
    Lo Pan: But it was too fast.
    Me: That's bad.
    Lo Pan: They kept it simple.
    Lo Pan: But it was too simple.
    Lo Pan: There was lots of action.
    Lo Pan: But much of the action was boring.

6/10

I've gone soft, I would have killed this episode in the past.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    7/10

Action packed and decent set up, but I still haven't forgiven Maul returning and I thought the Hutts joining him that quickly was a bit much.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    9/10 for me, full of action, but it was a little slow in some parts, so I would have given it an 8.5/10 if I could. It was still one of the best episodes this season so far and a strong way to start of an arc. The best part for me was the Embo vs. Savage, which was totally unexpected, I was like "Woah!" when he threw his hat at him and they started to fight, and the whole part with the Bounty Hunters in was great.
    What would have made this episode better, and possibly getting a 10/10 would be if Maul went to attack Vizsla after becoming concious again after his legs had been fixed, because he thinks he's been captured, and they have fight before Vizsla tells him that he's trying to help.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    -1 for making Black Sun and Hutts look weak.
    9/10.

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    10/10, this is what the show should be.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    I won't even try to pretend that I have some really good reasons to do so, I just give it a 10.

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

Darn too fast paced...

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    10/10 amazing

11. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    9/10

I think I liked this more because I read the Shadow Conspiracy book first, also if you imagine weeks happening between sequences it makes more sense. Maul has the best line of the season (so far) "The depth of this opportunity eludes you...." ect.

Minus one point because all the bounty hunters lived. Was really hoping that chick with the awful scarf-weapon would meet her end.

The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    8/10

Seems to be the recurring score from me for all the "great" Star Wars things. Compared to the usual Clone Wars episode, "Eminence" was excellent. But still suffers from prequel-era clumsiness that keeps me from giving it a 9 or higher.

14. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    7/10
    A much more effective use of screentime than the last two arcs. The entire plan was set up, well executed and left us on a decent hook for the next episode. This is a season 1 quality episode. Good, not the best, but far, faaaaaar better than the rest of this season and most of season 3/4

15. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    10/10 Best episode yet. Tons of action, great plot and characters, top notch animation, voice acting, sound design, etc.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey CT I liked your post for the gif. I couldn't care less about Poison Ivy. Thought you should know. ;)

I gave this 8/10. Very good stuff, especially for a setup episode.

17. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    10/10 for me,it had nice amount of dialogs and action :)

SithStarSlayer and rumblewagon like this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This vote and description covers it for me too. As I said in the main Eminence thread, though, this was the best use of Maul since TCW brought him back, so I am looking forward to the rest of the arc. These are the only enjoyable episodes so far this season.

19. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Nice to see Maul being overall great, bit silly talking about being Sith to Vizla before he knew he hated Dooku, and that 2,000 neutral systems making the CIS and Republic irrelevant is strange. Thought Maul was ridiculously bad swiping the floor with his sabre too.
    Pacing was fast, but I'd hate it being drawn out over 2 eps so overall I can get behind how rushed it was, though would have been nice to see some more black sun/hutt defiance. Maybe the first ep could have ended with Vizla finding him or something, though I forget how that episode was pacing wise.
    Minor complaints overall, great episode and really hope Maul stays great, hope Savage gets to be more than a lackey though.

SithStarSlayer and rumblewagon like this.
  20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Despite absolutely hating the other Maul episodes and the notion of bringing him back to begin with, I really enjoyed this episode. From seeing parts of the EU that are older than I am on screen for the first time, to the battle at the Hutt Council -- all very entertaining. In fact, I actually laughed at Maul's joke to the Hutt.
    I'm minusing a point for a few plot conveniences: the Death Watch just happened to find the bothers adrift in space and the Black Sun not shooting down the ships over Mustafar immediately mystified me.

9/10

21. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    For the record, I still don't agree with Maul's return and I debated with myself quite a bit over how to score this one.

But this is the first episode I've watched in a long time that was actually fun. It moved with a breakneck pace that was a breath of fresh air compared to the more drawn out arcs we've gotten this season. Witwer continues to show his mastery as a VA. The fan-service didn't feel like fan-service and contributed to the story. I actually took notice of and enjoyed (!!) Kiner's soundtrack. Hopefully this is the beginning of a trend of quality episodes for the rest of the season.

9.99 rounded down to a

9/10.

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Great episode; I really enjoyed it and thought it was a good continuation of this season's Maul arc. They did a good job bringing Death Watch into the arc and Maul himself was great here; I liked the dialogue between him and Pre Vizla. I also liked seeing Black Sun and the Falleens in TCW and the design of the Pykes is rather funky in a good way. There were some solid action sequences and another plus is that I'm really starting to like Vizsla's right hand henchwoman Bo-Katan, she's pretty cool. I didn't have any real problems with the pacing but Dengar and Latts Razzi felt like filler characters and didn't get to do much when compared to Sugi and Embo. Overall, it's a solid episode.

9/10

rumblewagon likes this.
  23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    9/10 One of the best TCW episode so far.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    For all the nitpicking one can easily do of this episode and my problems with it (see episode discussion thread), I still can't bring myself to grade it an 8. It's a villain-centered episode, we travel to like four planets, encounter a new alien species, tons of action of different varieties, and best of all this is perhaps the best portrayal of Savage Opress as an actual monster of any single episode (my favorite TCW OC). It almost earns the 9 through sheer charisma alone. But yeah, it's getting a 9 from me, same as Revival.

25. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I've seen this episode probably five or six times now and I have to say this has become my favorite episode so far. While my favorite overall story is probably still the slavers arc, for now anyway, this Maul arc was definitely the most emotionally powerful of the entire series! Bravo to Filoni and co. on a job well done!

10/10