main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episodes 1.01-02: "Spark of the Rebellion" (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Oct 3, 2014.

?

Grade the Episodes 1.01-02: "Spark of the Rebellion"

Poll closed Oct 10, 2014.
  1. 1

1.2%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

3.5%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

7.0%
  6. 6

5.8%
  7. 7

29.1%
  8. 8

29.1%
  9. 9

18.6%
  10. 10

5.8%
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    May it be as awesome as JEJ's appearance on The Big Bang Theory.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yes. That awesome.

I hope they do that to.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  3. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Do you see the parallels between how OT fans view the PT? People who loved Clone Wars and the Clonetroopers now hate the Storm Troopers, for basically being the Storm Troopers they have been since 1977. Not realizing that same guy behind Clone Wars, is the same guy behind Rebels. I saw the first 3 episodes and to me I felt like I was watching the Clone Wars aka Filoni Star Wars. The Rebels show feels, looks, sounds like Clone Wars...i dont see it as a bad thing. Same universe, same planets, same galaxy. Hopefully the show gets 4 or 5 seasons and then Disney can focus on their own post ROTJ era of Star Wars.

4. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Finally watched spark of rebellion. It was a fairly good forgery of Star Wars.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  6. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Fogery?

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. I don't get it either. It was made by Lucasfilm and the former Clone Wars team. This isn't some fanfilm.

8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    EDIT: Never mind. Not gonna start that debate.

9. darthgator1217

Apr 25, 2005
    I am just making a point using hyperbole. In my opinion, without any input from George Lucas, it feels like a copy of what we have seen before. I guess this is an issue I have had since Lucas sold the rights to Star Wars.

Will the franchise still have that certain feel to it that Lucas gave it (for better or worse), or will it just become recycled story telling and so forth?

There were just so many times in Spark of Rebellion that elements from the OT were simply copied and pasted. The jedi character even plagiarizes (word for word) Obi Wan when describing the force. I am sorry, but that is just lazy writing.

Still, I am looking forward to watching more episodes.

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Right, that's understandable. I'm a little worried myself, but after watching the second episode it feels like the show is becoming it's own; if that makes any sense? I'm more reminded of the firefly crew from the serenity in the show Firefly ( I don't know if you have ever seen that?) then say Leia, Han, Luke etc from the OT. But that's just how I viewed it.

It's five years before A New Hope, so they have a lot of ground to cover in terms of stories and backgrounds on the characters. And now were getting a comic on Kanan; that tells of his escape from Order 66. So, hopefully that provides more on his character and background. Though A New Dawn has done a good job on providing what he is like before Rebels.

I think they'll branch away from typical stroylines from the OT and make it their own though.

Probably, lol. Or you know, it could have been a saying that was crammed into his head as a youngling that he was made to memorize.

Yeah, it's getting pretty good.

11. darthgator1217

Apr 25, 2005

That's good to know. I have only seen spark of rebellion. It seems to me that the show will need to find its way in order to last for a number of years.

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    darthgator1217

Yeah. I'm sure the show will evolve with time.

Plus, they already renewed it for a second season. So, Lucasfilm and Disney must have high hopes for the show.

whostheBossk likes this.