main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episodes 3.01-3.02: "Steps Into Shadow" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 24, 2016.

?

Grade the Episodes 3.01--3.02: "Steps Into Shadow"

Poll closed Oct 8, 2016.
  1. 10

22.1%
  2. 9

22.1%
  3. 8

30.5%
  4. 7

10.5%
  5. 6

7.4%
  6. 5

5.3%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2.1%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "Steps Into Shadow" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know!​
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!​
    Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.​
    :)

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10

It was really good.

3. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Yes, it was

TX-20 likes this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm giving it a 10, really strong start to the season.

TX-20 likes this.
  5. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I gave it 9/10, I really liked the Ahsoka mention, Rex's larger screen time, the new character models, and the scale of the episode. The show is starting to look really good and the plots are getting more interesting, they really have come a long way since season one.

TX-20 likes this.
  6. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    6/10

Kinda boring, predictable, not too much excitement. What I'll give 10/10 for are the scenes of Thrawn and Bendu.

7. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    9,5/10 because even for two parter the whole "lerning to see" by Kanan still felt bit rushed

8. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    5/10
    Bendu scene ok although quite afraid this could be too "fantasy".
    The rest has no originality and Thrawn's appearance has nothing exciting.

9. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    10/10
    A fantastic episode that really had a lot of awesome stuff going on, I'm really excited for the rest of the season, and more of Thrawn.

TX-20 likes this.
  10. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    8/10. It was an enjoyable watch, and certainly a good start to the season.

+ Ezra's growing development, the weight of his new responsibilities on his shoulders had been presented well methinks. As well as his clearly improved combat capabilities.
    + Thrawn was great to listen to.
    + First hint at a larger space battle.
    + The moment with Ezra using the Force and Sabine's questioning of his sudden growth in power was well done.
    + Bendu scene.

- The pacing in this episode felt unusually off. As in, more so than the episodes usually are. Quite a few things were wrapped up relatively quickly.

thatotherjedi, TX-20 and Zillobeast like this.
  11. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Solid 7. I enjoyed it.

Hondo is always hilarious to me.
    Its nice to see that a fair bit of time has definitely passed for the characters.
    Overall it felt like a good setup for the season.

Zillobeast likes this.
  12. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    10/10

A welcome return to Rebels after being away for so long. My husband thinks Ezra's new look is terrible, but he still enjoyed the show as much as I did. Overall I think this is a great start to the new season.

whostheBossk and TX-20 like this.
  13. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Fantastic premiere! 10/10

-The opening scene was great, definitely foreshadowing where Ezra's character may go.
    -Speaking of Ezra, I'm definitely intrigued by his story arc this season.
    -Hondo. That is all.
    -Thrawn, in his brief screen time, definitely made an impression.
    -Tom Baker as the Bendu was great, and I'm excited to see that we'll apparently see more of him.
    -I enjoyed Kanan's arc in this episode, and I'm interested to see where it goes from here.

TX-20 likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    8/10

That was fun. Good continuation of the plots from last season while setting up new plots as well. The Bendu was cool, helping Kanan unlearn what he's previously learned. And of course Thrawn's intro was pretty good.

15. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    9/10 for me. Very good episode. Can't give it a 10/10 though because I felt they tried just a little too hard to show the audience that Ezra was toying with the darkside. His actions seemed a little over the top at times.

16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I'd give it a generous 7. The characters of Ezra and Kanan are becoming more annoying instead of less. The plot is really predictable to dull. The station had clear themes & ties to Bespin's city in the clouds amongst the same heists this crew pulled off in past seasons. They were trying to hard to imitate the end of ESB especially . We get instead of Leia saving Luke, its once again Kanan saving Ezra in a very similar manner to what occurred on Bespin but more super power effects(Force).

17. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I enjoyed the episode, but grade it? Must we? It's part of a larger story, so it's tough to assign a final number to it.

Zillobeast likes this.
  18. CoruscantDweller

CoruscantDweller Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 28, 2015
    9.5/10 Probably the best season premiere of the three seasons
    I am enjoying both the development of Kanan and Ezra. Thrawn's presence in this episode was also really good. I do agree with many here though I felt the that a few things were wrapped up quickly. S3 started strong we will have to see if it continues that because I felt S2 started off great as well but didn't really live up to its opening act until the conclusion.

19. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

I have a feeling there won't be as many filler episodes from here on out as there were in the first two seasons. We are getting into just a couple years before the battle of Yavin now and there is still a lot of ground to cover and this show likely won't go any further than four or five seasons.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Even though I havent watched the episode since Celebration I still have to give it a 10/10.

21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014

There is definately more of a fairy tale element running directly through the main plot thread of Rebels than The Clone Wars ever had. We saw elements of it in individual episode of Clone Wars. When it was part of the longer story like on Mortis they went to some lengths to established it as a location placed in a different plane of existence that might be impossible to travel to again. And Yoda's adventure in the final arc of the series also required him to travel a great distance.

This episode was a solid one for Rebels and a good follow up to the Season 2 final. But I'm not rating this against Rebels, but against TV shows in general including the The Clone Wars - 6/10.

Rebels Recon starts it's third season with a solid 11/10 rating.

22. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    5\10
    Very weak season start.
    Basic plot, cringeworthy dialogs...
    In my opinion the biggest problem of this episode is that has no real Thrawn appearance.
    For example season 2 start show us Vader as smart(frame Rebels + use them to find the fleet) and powerfull warrior and pilot.
    This season start has too many storyline and little time to develop any of them.

Commander Wolffe likes this.
  23. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    9/10 for me.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. DeltaRecon226

DeltaRecon226 Jedi Knight

Sep 20, 2012
    I really thought the animation has improved quite a bit. I think there was a lot of detail present that Rebels had previously lacked, and I think I like the visual style almost as much as The Clone Wars

V-2 likes this.
  25. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    3/10.

Too much of the usual. Poor story line. Absolutely zero sense of danger for any member of the Ghost crew. Typical mission with typical outcome for the Rebels. The banter comes off as petty and juvenile instead of witty. Kanan's ability to "see" was resolved too quickly. Not to mention too much of a call back to the Mortis arc in TCW with the light dark and balance of the force. Ezra dabbles in the dark side but by the end of the episode he's back to the light side and everything is okay? Ezra's rescue was too much like Luke's on Bespin. Ezra's "troubles" coming off too much like Anakin's whining before his turn. I was hoping for an improvement from last season, but my hopes have been dashed as of now.

fett 4 likes this.