main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episodes 4.03-4.04: "In the Name of the Rebellion" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 23, 2017.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 30, 2017.
  1. 10

14.8%
  2. 9

27.8%
  3. 8

33.3%
  4. 7

18.5%
  5. 6

3.7%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.9%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "In the Name of the Rebellion" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.​
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!​
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it an 8/10. A very good episode. Certainly nice seeing Hera back in the cockpit. And I also like how they're giving Saw more character development overall helps for his rather brief stint in R1.

3. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    9/10 I loved the first part but the second one was quite important in the terms of universe building. Great Kanan and Hera moment, and very good Saw. Ezra not as annoying as last week ;)

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  4. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Awesome episode. I found Whittaker's performance downright bizarre in Rogue One but I really liked Saw's characterization here. Plus, the missions were fun and the animation was great.

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Rounding up to Nine. It's no twilight of the apprentice, but its definitely an above average episode.
    It totally feels like a strong opening to a climatic final chapter to the series. We just haven't reached the actual climax yet.

6. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Great episodes, but the continued trivialization of what are supposed to be elite/threatening enemies (Imperial Supercommandos last week, Death Troopers this week) is really starting to annoy me. Four seasons in and bad guys not named Vader are still displayed as little more than minor nuisances. Oh well.

7. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Rounding up to 7/10.

Decent eps with Rogue One tie-in, but nothing special.

8. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I liked these episodes more than the premiere from last week. But I can't really rate these new episodes much higher because the things that bothered me about them weigh heavier for me in comparison with the Mandalore episodes.

A 7.5 rounded down to a 7.0.

Snafu55 likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    a nice 7/10.

I'd describe this as a 'lore' episode, as it helps to expand more on the story of the Death Star. The Rebellion politics was great too; the infighting over morality and whether "winning at all costs" adds a great addition to the Alliance. Not all of them were saintly and perfect.

10. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Another 7/10, which is pretty much where most of the episodes end up being for me - while the show never goes below 5 it never goes above 7.

11. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    8/10, I enjoyed the storyline and voice acting more than the previous pair. Mon Mothma and Saw were equally great.

12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    8/10

Liked it better than last weeks episode especially the 1st part this week. The Saw vs. Mon Mothma stuff was real good and I loved the design of Jalindi. I really liked the shots of the Imperial ship approaching the dish.

Hope these are the types of episodes we get each week going forward, tying into a wide variety of things.

13. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    9/10

Excellent pair of episodes. Really made me feel a few times like I was watching a movie or something. It really had a feel of star wars to me. Only thing I'd really nitpick (and it's minor) is the Death Troopers should've been more of a threat. Otherwise, excellent all around.

GiantR likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

That was actually my favorite part of the episode; when Saw and Mon Mothma went at each other. You've gotta hand it to Rebels to give Mon Mothma a personality that really wasn't utilized in the OT.

15. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Saw is... Distracting. The colour changing eyes, the vague directions he talks in, the acting/direction of the model and the voice, it's all bizarre. He must have superpowers as he apparently arrived at Sabine and Ezra's location before they got there, having given them a running head start.

Also distracting is Sabine's casual use of her jetpack, especially in confined spaces with her comrades standing right behind her. Especially distracting when she uses it while ostensibly moving with stealth in enemy territory. Gosh those things must be devilishly efficient to not set off every fire and life support alarm on the ship, and work by some kind of scifi magic to not injure people nearby with physics.

Another annoyance is our heroes idea of camouflage. Chopper needs to have a respray because he'd attract attention if he didn't match the other droids, while our biological heroes feel fine walking around dressed in their standard heavily armed rebel costumes, because nobody would bat an eyelid at that sort of thing. Multicoloured acid techno Mando warrior, multicoloured psychedelic scout trooper, 7 foot tall cyborg looking space pirate, nope, nothing to see here, move along.

The script had some awkward moments of repetition and dodgy emphasis, as if there have been some heavy edits and bad decisions made at one or two (or three or four) points in production.

I don't really mind the culling of stormtroopers and such, but when our rebels destroy 1 heavy warship per episode, the opening crawl to episode 4 is incrementally diminished. It doesn't matter how many tens of thousands of cruisers and star destroyers the empire has, destroying one of them is a significant victory for the rebellion.

..And for all the ships the empire has, it clearly only has about half a dozen ship captains, who seem to bump into the same rebels with alarming regularity. And they all sound like Americans trying to sound like alcoholic Englishmen.

With all my whining out of the way it was a fun pair of episodes; it looked good, it moved the plot along, it had good humour. 8/10.

I'm hoping for some more imperial focussed episodes coming up. Vader, Thrawn and Rukh have to show up at some point. Oh and those anachronistic Jedi need to come to a sticky end.

DarthUncle and Vana like this.
  16. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    07/10

It was less childish than the previoux episodes, and it is good to see the forming Rebellion, with Saw, Mon Mothma, the Death star project... BUT unfortunately some things were disappointing, like all these big imperials ships being destroyed at almost every episode, becoming a routine for the heroes (they don't even react anymore "oh, just another star destroyer...")... they are not menacing anymore, as they are being blown up so easily by two or three little rebels.
    And the deathtroopers are almost as bad as the usual stormtroopers...

V-2 and La Calavera like this.
  17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    8/10

Very good episodes.

18. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    + Nods to the first crystal the crew destroyed, and to what Yoda told Ezra in Shroud of Darkness: "How Jedi choose to win, the question is."
    + Lots of elements coming together
    + Saw's development here will definitely benefit further R1 viewings. His use of Ezra's saber actually surprised me.
    + Different positions/views of the characters, Hera and Mon Mothma briefly losing their usual composure
    + Nice tension and a cool premise in Part 2, distinct even though it's 'another infiltration'
    + Closer to a Death Star reveal without actually getting there

9/10

Manny_Bothanz likes this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    + Kanan being the eyes of Hera.
    + I really liked the humor in this one with the screaming stormtroopers. Even Ezra's antics weren't that bad.
    + The debate on how to run a Rebellion with Sawn and Mothma's discussion. Then Mothma taking Ezra aside and asking him about which world to save first.
    + The infiltration is pretty relevant and I'm usually kinda tires of infiltration episodes be it in TV or books and movies.
    + R1 connections: Saw, Two Tubes, Krennic and Jedha mentions, Death Troopers, U-Wing (I liked what they did with the smoke)
    + Giant kyber crystal, now we know how they actually look like fully animated. Ezra's hearing a song reminded me of the younglings arc in TCW and the Ahsoka book.
    + Chopper getting a new paint job and being his mean self, I love him, and the prisoners being totally clueless about it (well at first anyway).
    + No Thrawn
    + Kanan and Ezra meditating in Yavin.
    - Brom Titus and Captain Slavin joining the long list of (underused) villains being killed in Rebels

That's really all I can remember right now. Great episodes. I can only imagine what the Rebels team is preparing for us next.
    9/10

V-2 likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now this is a good episode! Should have been the first one.
    10/10

21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    This episode was good, but not great. Saw's an interesting character and the tie in to the Death Star and Krenic was cool, but something about it didn't impress me as much. I can't quite put my finger on it however. I liked seeing the torn nature of the participants. It showed how insurgency's cast work, very good in that respect.

8/10

22. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    1/10

+Kanan and Ezra meditating together
    -Saw being way off character
    -The viewpoints of the Rebellion and the Partisans being far too dumbed down and oversimplified
    -Sabine knowing Imperial codes for whatever reason
    -Ezra knowing how to block electricity
    -The rebels destroying yet another Star Destroyer

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    ^ that's rather ridiculous. Saw wasn't off character much if at all. Sabine went to the Imperial Academy. Ezra deflected energy, which is what blaster bolts are. The divide between The Partisans and The Rebels is told as it is, there isn't any simplification there. The Rebels have taken out a grand total of 3 Star Destroyers, 3 out of thousands. The Ghost crew has been directly responsible for only one of those.

MandoArtist likes this.
  24. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Wookieepedia says one Star Destroyer has 46,803 on board. 46,803 killed = no big deal.

V-2 likes this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    not in a galaxy of quadrillions, or likely much more.