main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episodes 4.03-4.04: "In the Name of the Rebellion" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 23, 2017.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 30, 2017.
  1. 10

14.8%
  2. 9

27.8%
  3. 8

33.3%
  4. 7

18.5%
  5. 6

3.7%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.9%
  1. Base Delta Zombie

Base Delta Zombie Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2015
    Wait only 3? I could have sworn it was more.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

What exactly is Saw's character? I hope you're not basing it off of his cameo-esque appearance in Rogue One.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If you're using the recent "Interdictor Star Destroyer" description of the ships seen in Rebels, then that adds another 3 "Star Destroyers" to the number taken out. One in Stealth Strike, two in Zero Hour.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

They took out 3 Interdictors as well plus quite a large number of smaller ships.

5. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    The second time watching it, I didn't find Saw quite as much off character, but he still is...weird. Saw is serious and moody, and he has a few lines here and there that make him seem almost playful or goofy (like his weird laughs and, "I believe the words you're looking for is thank you"). I feel like he's way nicer to Ezra and Sabine than he was to Jyn, which is weird. He would've worked better if it had been one of Saw's partisans, but not actually Saw.

Sabine went to the Imperial Academy like 6 years ago. The Empire surely charges their codes more frequently than that. Besides, do you really think that she would know super secret codes realating to Project Stardust, one of the Empire's most-guarded secrets?

Yeah, it's just weird that Ezra knows how to block electricity when Anakin (who had trained for 10 years) didn't. Although with Ezra, it could have been an instinctive thing, and you could argue that Anakin was being reckless and was completely unprepared for Dooku's lightning, thus the two different results.

Three Star Destroyers are quite a few for just five people and a droid, and it's hardly the first time the Rebels have taken out a big ship, even if it's not a Star Destroyer. They've destroyed enough to build a fair-sized fleet.
    Moody, serious, bitter, extreme; not a guy who would change his gun to stun when shooting at Imperials. I'm basing his character largely off of the one we get in Rebel Rising and Rogue One. And why shouldn't I base his character off the one we see in Rogue One?

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

It was difficult to assume what Saw's character profile was in R1 since he wasn't on for very long. I still base what I think of Saw's character based on the Onderon episodes of TCW.

7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    (Watched this a week back but posting in here first now).

So this was a very good couple of episodes; definitely better than the previous two as this was more enjoyable, sported better writing and was more interesting. I really liked the overall plot of Ezra, Sabine and Chopper's mission to an Imperial communications arrar going in a surprising direction when Saw Gerrera shows up, blows the dish up and has them tag along on his own mission which is to uncover the Imperial secret (which turns out to be their kyber crystal-gathering scheme) and it had a lot of good action, humor (even the sillier stuff like the funny high-pitched stormtrooper screams that I think were new additions) and dramatic moments (speaking of which, one of the strongest scenes was Saw's transmission to the Yavin IV base where the chastises and chews them out, especially Mon Mothma) and lots of nice character stuff.

I liked all the tie-ins with Rogue One, not only Saw and also Two-Tubes showing up (seeing the latter one in the series was kind of neat) and the antgonism between his extremist rebels and the Yavin group, but stuff like the reveal about the Empire's operation on Jedha about the kyber crystals they are mining, Krennic being namedropped and the death troopers as antagonists (I liked how their squad leader and essentially the main antagonist was a woman, altough keeping her alive to show up later on would have been even better) were also pretty cool. Speaking of the death troopers I don't think they were portrayed that badly; they were a bit more competent than the stormtroopers (especially the leader) and I guess their voices weren't scrambled because of the ease of the viewers. Killing off two of the major Imperial officers from before (Titus and Slavin) was a bit surprising but it was handled pretty well.

Overall, I liked a whole lot and it felt almost like a little movie and a direct prequel to Rogue One. The writing was good for the most part and it was kinda intense at times, but was also fun like a good Rebels episode should be and there weren't anything that annoyed me so it was very solid as a whole (I honestly think this should have been the season premiere instead of the Mandalore two-parter, which felt like a season 3 leftover). In short, it was surprisingly strong.

8.5/10 rounded up to 9/10

V-2 likes this.