main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grading/correction advise...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by madhorizons, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    I'm putting together a show I shot for a friend of mine's band just for the heck of it.

They used a sound byte at the beginning of their show and I finally figured out it was CPT Spaulding...so I pulled this YouTube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL_1a_a1I2U (warning... language NSFW or sensitive ears) and sync'd it up to the stage audio. Added some scratches, funk, etc (MB Misfire) to make it look like an old vid.

I'm coming out of that into a video that looks like this (ignore the logo thing): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbHMArnuriw

My question is...what would you recommend I do with the video coming out of CPT Spaulding? The rest of it?

I have a cpl of ideas, but don't know if I like them.

1. Come out of CPT Spaulding into B&W stage w/ same "aged" effects.
    2. Grade the entire thing to look less sharp

It's a static cam w/ static lighting so it doesn't get better quality-wise. I was there to get drunk & enjoy my friends on stage. Audio i'm pulling on-board mic & feed from the board. Running that through Adobe Soundbooth afterwards (haven't gotten that far yet).

2. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Maybe just use the audio of the quote over some opening credits?

3. madhorizons

May 10, 2006
    I thought about that and opted against it in case they want to use it live (monitors/screens/etc...a lot of the places they play have them in the background for use). I may just export that segment and go with the audio-only/credits option, but for the time being only as a fall-back.

That does give me an idea though. I have an animated logo that I'm tinkering with. I could switch the opening w/ vid to the front, come out of that with the black background logo, & x-dissolve into reg footage. Think that'd work or be too cheesy?

4. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I'd say go for it, no way to tell really until you see it for yourself. If there's no deadline or anything just experiment and try loads of different things.

5. madhorizons

May 10, 2006
    Thanks for the feedback. My creative juices went to hell, so I threw something together. They like it, and since its a freebie, i'm ok with that. I wish I could of fixed the audio better....but without the band being fully mic'd, the balance between live/board was weird. Even worse, the sound guy didn't fix the mix until after like the 3rd/4th song.

Anyhoo...

http://vimeo.com/28116280

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.