main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon graflex???

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jimsidious, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    WHERE!!!!!!!! I need a graflex 3 cell, I know there out there I just need help locating one.

2. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Antique shops or internet. Some flash camera enthusists don't like us Star Warriors snatching up these items, but hey they're the ones selling them.

-Eric

3. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    lol, yes ive been to a couple web sites and decided it was best not to log in and post on their sites, whew they really do hate us lol. I went to ebay and found a couple pretty expensive, not too much though tell ya what if I was workin I woulda got one.
    I will have one soon :) i was just hopin some one could point me in the right direction to a cheaper place lol

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    So let me get this straight: flashbulb camera enthusiasts hate Star Wars fans. [face_plain] That's . . . odd.

5. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    LOL I know right!!!
    I actually seen with my own two eyes....well read rather LOL....some one posted on a graflex website " hi I was hoping to get some info on where to pick up a 3 cell flash for my Dads old graflex camera, every where ive looked there so expensive. I want to rebuild his old camera for him for fathers day. Thank you". Then he got several responses, all negative, one read as follows..." We know this scam and were real tired of it. Were sick of you sci fi fans collecting our vintage equipment just to tear it up and make a replica of this sword. We would appriciate it if you would all just go back into your parents basements and watch your stupid movies some more."
    Dude for reals, thats what they said!!! others posted how they hate george lucas for what hes done to their market, these used to be 10 dollar pieces and if youre lucky enough to find one you end up paying between 100 to 1000 dollars [face_laugh] thats just crazy!!!!
    and these guys are more fanatical than us...Im waiting for the angry mob to come to my door with torches and pitch forks lol

6. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Yep. Shop around local antique stores and try to find them. They are highly collectible and made into the hilts for the lightsabers especially Luke's ANH. Even Luke's Saber Hilt in the Holiday Special is a different kind of Graflex Flash Handle. I have a few Handles (not for sale, sorry) that I'll bring to next meeting. Whenever that will be.

-Eric

7. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    You do!!!??? where did you get em??? just like you said??? diggin around rummage sales and swap meets?? crazy, that would be cool to see em, hmmm a meeting eh, I wonder..... that would be cool I think Autumn would be interested in going, shes intrigued by all our passion for the saga, she says shes never seen any one with such passion for somthing with out being crazed and wierd lol..... I told just wait [face_laugh]
    Hopefully between all our wedding prep we could make a meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.