main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Graham Campbell...the Force will be with you always.

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Klix, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klix

Klix Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2004
    link

The UK's most famous "fan" Darth Vader, Graham Campbell, was killed over the weekend in a traffic accident. Many people in the costumes and prop world knew Graham for his VaderMaker site and for starting the 501st Legion UK Garrison. He leaves behind a wife and daughter.

He will be missed.

-Klix

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I heard about this yesterday. Graham's Vader costume and his website were a great inspiration to my own. I never had the chance to talk with him personally but from everything I've heard he was a wonderful guy and will be sorely missed. :(

3. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    This is such a pity... just heartbreaking.
    I didn't know him personally, but my thoughts are with his family as they deal with their terrible loss.

4. AceVader

AceVader Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2003
    Klix-

I read this over at the RPF, and as I have said several times already, even though I never met him personally, I am deeply saddened by his loss. I thought about posting a thread here, but I didnt think it would be appropriate, considering I didnt know him as well as a lot of other people on the RPF, in the 501st, and on these boards. I will miss his dry humor very much over on the RPF and I pray for his family daily since the accident. I will remember him every time I wear my Vader suit and be ever grateful to him for the inspiration to build it.

Alex

5. studiocreations

studiocreations Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2000
    Graham's passing hit me like a ton of bricks. There are not that many HOW TO guys out there and he was one of the guys that really got out there and slid info to the fans. It makes one sit down and think about just how little time we really have on this great big blue ball.

You can be sure I'll be pouring a 40oz for Graham later this week.

6. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Never knew him, never knew much about him but even so there's no doubt this is a blow to SW fans everywhere and especially those who respected and drew upon his costuming experience.
    Losing one of our own we are diminished
    RIP

7. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I didn't know Mr. Campbell either, but I've been to his vader-maker site and was really impressed. it's sad when a member of our small fandom community passes like that.

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Just echoing everyone's sentiments. I visited his site numerous times as well and was shocked and saddened by this news.
    His contributions to the costuming community will not be forgotten.

9. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    :( - thats all I can say - it is truly a sad day for the prop world

Dave

10. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    I did not know Graham, and honestly never visited his site--However, I am very saddened to hear about his untimely death.
    It is a great testiment to his life that he was able to touch so many people with his passion and creations.

His family will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

~Ferd :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.