main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grand Admiral Pellaeon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GA_Pellaeon, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_Pellaeon

GA_Pellaeon Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    This post (if you havn't already guessed) is about the Supreme Commander of the IR: Gilad Pellaeon.
    In my opinion, Pellaeon (after the death of Thrawn) was the Empires greatest hope. To get to the point of the post however, I lived in hope for quite sometime that Pellaeon would in fact inherit some of Thrawns Genius and lead the empire in the same fashion Thrawn did.
    I think that it would be cool if Pellaeon provided the tactical insight into the Vongs defeat (he and Bel Iblis would make a formidable team). I personally think it would be cool to see Pellaeon finally gain some perspective on art, and hence allow it to provide him with a tactical edge. I think bringing back Thrawn, or providing a new Chiss genius would be absurd (almost as absurd as a reborn Emperor - again), but giving it to Pellaeon would be quite a fitting tribute to Thrawn and the Empire methinks.

Think about it.

2. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    But then you'd have a rip off wannabe. Next he'll paint himself blue and put red contact lenses in.

3. GA_Pellaeon

GA_Pellaeon Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    Thank you Zaarin, for your incredibly insightful and constructive response. I am sure undermining my thread will go along way in bettering this community and definitely provided the foundation stone for a long and beneficial discussion. In the future however, I know I can do without.

4. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I feel that the character is tactically sound as it is, and has also proved that he know when to cut his losses. I don't really like the idea of the GA turning up like Thrawn. Let Pellaeon continue to develop in his own way.

5. III_Vir_RPC

III_Vir_RPC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2001
    Pellaeon is an incompetent and arrogant octogenarian. He is not a grand admiral, nor is he qualified to serve as a supreme commander, as he has demonstrated neither superior tactics nor strategy.

He is not, was not, and never shall be a genius. Genius is not something that simply "rubs off," as it were---how many adventures did Dr Watson accompany Mr Sherlock Holmes on, and did he suddenly become a master detective in his own right?

No, simply having spent time with Grand Admiral Thrawn---who is a superior tactician but an average strategist---is insufficient to create a fleet commander from an executive officer. Pellaeon has neither the talent nor the temperament to conduct major operations.

Incidentally, Pellaeon is not a grand admiral, and has neither right nor privilege to wear the white uniform. He is a fleet admiral, and a mediocre one, at that.

6. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    You might want to try less starch in your undies, and maybe add a little fiber to your diet. ;)

7. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    i'm with you Ringo Juna ;)
    some things i agree with, like genius can't just rub off. however, hanging out with a genius can certainly be enlightening. Pellaeon really is smart and he does pick up on a lot of things, but i think he's potrayed better in TTT rather than the jedi academy triology, and he's okay in Dark Tide as well.
    He shouldn't copy Thrawn, that would a cheap imitation, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good fleet commander.

8. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    OH MY GOD!!!!

i've seen the EU forum bash just about eveyrone (kyp, KJA, qui-gon, the list goes on and on. . . . ) BUT NEVER PALLEAON!!!!

COME ON GIVE HIM A BREAK. . . . he kept the Empire together for years and years. that takes an incredible amount of adminstrative and political skill, having to fend off aggressive moffs and rogue warlords. give him a break.

keep bashing corran or something, i don't care.

9. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    The dude rocks!! Not only has he kept the Empier together for years but he knows when to give up and is a tactical genius. I really hope we see more of him in the NJO.
    Also Im gona try not to menchen the c-word today.

10. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    GAPellaeon (I know theres an underscore but I don't give a flying dingbat),

Relax. What do you think this is, The Oxbridge discussion on Star Wars??? You're in TFN literature forum ,Sunnyjim. Be prepared for ridicule and dumb posts as people try to get their post count up.

11. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Too late, c-worddude. Each time we see one of your posts, the c-word jumps at our face ! ;)

12. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    c'mon i bet i can go a whole day without saying it!

13. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Saying what???

14. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    the c word

15. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    What c-word??? There are loads.

16. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    LOOK AT MY USERNAME!!!!!!!!!!

17. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    look at the dude's name. He's criticized about crying the c-word in his name everywhere...

18. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I dont cry about em all the time, either them or Pellaeon, or the Empier, and somtimes the vong and stuff like that.

19. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Yeah, Chissdude is a fan of Corellians :)

20. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah, I said you were criticized about that, I don't said I was criticizing you the same way. I don't.

21. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah im also a big fan of Calrissian.

22. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    and Cracken :)

23. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Dont forget c3p0