main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Grand Admiral Thrawn

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Twain, Jun 28, 2015.

?

Would you like to see a Thrawn Anthology?

1. Yes, I'd love to see Thrawn on the big screen

62 vote(s)
    53.0%
  2. Maybe, I'm open to the idea

41 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Nope, have no desire to see a Thrawn film

14 vote(s)
    12.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I've been away from social media over the weekend. Just gotta say:

WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!! Welcome back, you crazy blue bastard! [face_love]

2. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    interesting that S3 Rebels is in and around the timeline when Rogue One will be set. Thrawn anyone? i HIGHLY doubt he'll show up in RO, but here's hoping. Krennic, Vader, Shadow troopers, etc will be enough you'd think, but maybe a mention? it would be great for S3 Rebels to finish just before RO and maybe we see Thrawn 'leave' (battle lost, Palpatine's commands, w/e) and then we get a name drop and soemthing about the Unknown Regions? that would be great. speculation, yes/

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *fixed for brevity

4. The Jaded Irk

The Jaded Irk Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 14, 2014
    Fandabiedozie!

5. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    I really believe with his appearance in Rebels, LFL is now setting up Thrawn for a future Anthology film.

6. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    Just found this thread. Heard about the news from a friend on Saturday who sent me an article. Apparently, I found that everyone has released an article about it. I already love Rebels, but now it just got more interesting! This is going to draw in most of the last of the fans that haven't been on board since they refreshed the EU canon. I think they're playing this very smart!

And a Thrawn cameo in RO would be very cool. I liked the idea a poster on another site said - put him in a scene of a high ranking meeting and have him make a comment at some point that he believes the Rebels will attempt to steal the Death Star plans and have the other officials show disbelief and dismiss it. :p

Rabs, Toonimator and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  7. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Well, S3 of Rebels is still about 3 years before Rogue One... but it's close to that time.

Season 3 will last beyond Rogue One's premiere, so unfortunately I doubt he'll appear in the film itself, as that would spoil that he survives S3 (which I hope he does!). A name-drop might be possible without revealing anything spoiler-ish, tho!

Big Boss and DL44Jo like this.
  8. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    I agree the chances are probably low. If they did I don't feel, for me at least, that it would be a big spoiler to know he survives the series so I think they could still pull it off. I just think it might be too good to be true to see him in RO. Well, they did surprise us with bringing him back so I guess any thing's possible.:) Even a mention of him would be awesome!

Toonimator likes this.
  9. Big Boss

Sep 16, 2015

can you back that up? :)

10. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    He's saying S3 of Rebels on the time line is 3 years before the events of RO happen, but that when S3 finishes in Spring of next year it will be after we see RO this December.

Toonimator likes this.
  11. Big Boss

Sep 16, 2015

ooooo i thought timeline wise he/she was saying that the end of S3 will last beyond RO (essentially going into ANH timeline), timeline wise.
    my bad.
    however, can you show how you know S3 is about 3 years before RO? :)

DL44Jo likes this.
  12. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Rebels Season 1 began 5 years before RO/ANH. Empire Day happened, making it 4 years before RO/ANH. An unspecified amount of time happened between Empire Day and the rest of Season 1/all of Season 2, but it's likely months, and it's been floated around that Season 3 takes place 6 months after Twilight of the Apprentice, so that'd put us likely 3 years before RO/ANH.

DL44Jo likes this.
  13. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    I've often said that I hope for an early post-ROTJ film which centers on the adventures of the Big3 and the fallout from the Battle of Endor.

Maybe it can feature the Battle of Jakku, with Thrawn as the main antagonist?

I wouldn't be averse to something like that.

have to be animation. you cant recast the big three. not ok

DL44Jo likes this.
  14. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    ...except Han, in the Han movie. :p

In any case, that year-old suggestion you quoted (without actually quoting...confusion!) has been moot for awhile, since Thrawn's not in charge at the Battle of Jakku, nor do the Big 3 seem to play much of a role in it (that we're aware of).

DL44Jo likes this.
  15. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    They get a bit into the Battle of Jakku in the novel 'Lost Stars' - great book! Highly recommend it! (took me a while to get myself to read it because it surrounds a romance, but that actually didn't ruin the story at all, surprisingly!) But they do mention who commanded that battle - just can't remember the name.

Big Boss Haha yeah, I can see how that could be confusing! :p

Big Boss likes this.
  16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Are the "Big 3" in the Battle of Jakku?? (As far as the info we know from books etc) I hope not... That way if they decide to make a movie about it in the future we don't have to worry about re-casting etc

New characters! (Maybe with some old that are in costume... Admiral Ackbar for e.g.) Thrawn as the antagonist would be fantastic!!

DL44Jo likes this.
  17. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Right - it's hard to imagine anyone playing them well enough and looking like them enough. I'm nervous about the Han Solo movie. I'll wait til I see it to judge, but I'm nervous.

I know that Leia is involved in the battle of Jakku - along with the rest of the Rebellion, but I'm trying to remember if it mentions in Lost Stars that Han or Luke were involved - I read it about 6 months ago so a lot of things are hazy. I should re-read it. 'Battlefront' also includes the Battle of Jakku. That's next on my list.

18. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I'd love to see live-action stories, with the OT3, set in the Aftermath era. It would really be too bad if an aversion to recasting actors makes this unlikely.

19. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    With the right actors I might agree. That would be some difficult casting.

20. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    [​IMG]Thought I'd share. Unexpected

21. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I am expecting to hate the new Han. There is only one.

22. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016
    I think I'd love if there was film with Thrawn in it. I just hope that it could do the Grand Admiral justice of course, and I'm sure it would.

That Thrawn figure does look spiffy!

DL44Jo likes this.
  23. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Hugo Weaving or Michael Fassbender would be good live action choices.

24. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about Alden Ehrenreich playing Han either. Guess I'll decide when I see it.

Siphonophore Yeah, I can see them playing Thrawn. But maybe someone a bit larger than Weaving and with a little older look than Fassbender. But I think they could pull it off.

25. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    man I just saw x-men apocalypse. I love Fassbender as Magneto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.