Grand Rapids Studio 28 / Celebration Cinema ROTS Event!

Discussion in 'Grand Rapids, MI' started by TX0338, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX0338 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The time has come....

In place the ground work is. Begun the planning has.

When:
    (12am Wed, 18/19 2005) - (All day Sat, 21 2005)

Where:
    Celebration Cinema, Grand Rapids

Studio 28

Attending:

Carl Nelson - Jedi
    Freak Anchovy TI1800 - TK/Tie-Pilot
    Roger TD866 - TK or Vader
    Blasty and Princess - TK/Leia
    Jon TB3999 - TB (Biker Scout)
    Dan TI5925 - Tie-Pilot
    Dan Opp - Jango?
    Jaster & Frenchy

There will be room for anyone who wants to stay here and drive home Sunday Morning. Just let us know and we can make room for you.

We are planning to set up at least two booths.

1. Photo Booth
    2. Mock processing center
    3. ROTS xbox Game Display (use donated by Toys R Us)

I am not sure yet how the theater wants to do the pictures but will will be something like the Suncoast event... all money donated will go to a very worthy cause.

Perks:
    Not that any are needed but what the heck...

We on the west side would like to give to all the volunteers a free screening of Star Wars III, ROTS. Seeing that it is still early, the schedule is yet to be determined... Free pop and popcorn. They may even set us up with a screening of Batman Begins on the IMAX... I will know more by the end of the week.

***Looks like we will be seeing an evening show.***

*UPDATE (4-27-05)*

I had a meeting today with the corporate office and we discussed a few things the theater/s would really like to see.

The theater is interested in having a small group of around 5 or more for the 19th at 12am (10 people total). They would like to have a presence at both theaters, Studio 28 and Celebration Cinema. Also, for the Wed midnight show there will be a professional photographer taking photos. We are working on narrowing down a photographer for the Saturday times.

We will also be working with two charities. Each Theater has chosen a charity that they would like us to tie in our Star Wars event. I will post those charities as soon as I get a write up from the theater.

For the Saturday times... If possible the theater would like to have two medium groups of 10 or more at each theater (20 people total). We will be taking photos at each theater for charity. We will not be handling the charities this time around. Like I said the theaters have already chosen who they want to work with... all we are doing is donating ourselves for the pictures.

If anyone is interested in helping with the setup of this event please contact me. Also if you could help get the word out that would be great. We have a great opportunity to help some charities and meet the Fans!

TX-338 Out!
    More to come shortly

***FAN FORCE***

If anyone would be interested in helping me cuordinate the volunties for the Studio 28 location please contact me.

I am going to make sure all volunties will be able to attend any screening that are offered. If you already have tickets for the midnight show you are still more than welcome to help us out before and after the show.

Thanks again....

Donavon L
  2. ChancellorDecorum Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am definitely going to be at Celebration on 18th/19th and I would love to help. PM if you want, thanks!
  3. Obiwancloneme Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey i have a jedi costume and would love to help...i can be there for sat (all day ) if needed wed is bad for me tho (work)

Pm to let me know if im needed , k thanx
  4. TX0338 Jedi Knight

star 1
    We can use as many people in costume that we can get... For either day (Wed, Sat) and either location. We can also use a few none costumed individuals. So if you are interested in helping out but don't have a costume let me know and I can find a place for you.

I will also post available tickets tomorrow. I know we have a few 12:01am tickets left.. they are $35 at Celebration Cinema. You get a large bucket of popcorn, 3 collectors cups, a normal large drink cup (for you drink), a bag of M&Ms and a reserved seat in Theater 1. There is also a 12:45am show that is still open as well.

Look for another post tomorrow. I will have more information then.

TX-338 Out!
  5. LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Master

star 4
    I am so there dude!!!! I have tickets for 12:15am showing at Celebration Cinema on Thursday, and I am available for Saturday. I took Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat off, so if you need extra help during these days let me know. I am a costume less person. 19 more days to go until ROTS.
  6. BlueTwinkie Jedi Padawan

Hello TX0338,

Me and 5-6 other friends are planning to show up for the 12:15 am show on May 19 at Celebration Cinema in costume with lightsabers and everything. If you need help in some way, let us know.
  7. jabba974 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd be up for either one. I'm going to get that saturday off(hopefully!!)
  8. jeffro149 Jedi Padawan

I'll be showing at Studio 28 fairly early to start BBQing and whathaveyou. Anyone up for showing sometime on tuesday to kick off the festivities?
  9. Count_Scoobith Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be at Celebration Cinema in my Dooku costume. I need 3 tickets for the midnight showing is thier any left?

edit:
    nope looks like i'm going to Studio 28 now, they have some midnight tickets left.
  10. TX0338 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Celebration Cinema has tickets for the 12:01am show. THe Ticket cost are $35 and come with three collector cups, M&M's, Large Cup for drink and Large popcorn... along with a reserved seat.

TX-338 Out!
  11. Count_Scoobith Jedi Knight

star 3
    Does anyone know of anyone that has 3 tickets for the opening night at Celebration Cinema ? Besides the reserved seating section. (thanks TX-338 for the info, but i'm a little tight for the cash.)
  12. Jaareth Jedi Knight

star 1
    studio 28 still has tickets for the 12:30 am showing...its only 15 min later..and you can still be there with us at the event ya just gotta wait 15 min more lol. I bought one for the normal 7.75 price...which is ALOT better then 35$

also...ive pm'd jabba in hopes of a ride...though i think he may have work in morning and cant make the wed showing..:( if thats the case...anyone able to give a jedi a ride? id like to come early...how early are folks gonna be there?
  13. TX0338 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Everyone,

If eveyone who is going to help could post their first name, the first letter of last name and what costume they are going to wear. You can also post which theater you already have tickets to or would wish to attend and which day or days you can help.

Example:
    Donavon L - EPIII Clone Commander - Celebration Cinema/Wed,Sat

Thanks all,
    Donavon L
  14. Jaareth Jedi Knight

star 1
    well i have tickets to the 12:30am showing at studio 28...id like to hit both...so i can be in costume for both your events tx....alas...i have been unable to secure a ticket for the celebration one :( mothers day+birthday 5 days after that..and brothers b-day 4 after that..has drained me funds to nearly nil :( i can pay back next month if needed. If not i can still attend and just split aftewards and skip the flick.

i'll be coming as my jedi self like before :) so there will be at least one jedi in presence for all the imps to kill lol, or at least try :p
  15. Count_Scoobith Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright I can go again. I'm going to the Studio 28th 12:35 showing.
    Do we know who or how many are going to be showing up at the studio 28th showing in costume?
  16. Jaareth Jedi Knight

star 1
    i know that myself and jabba are gonna be there...andim sure theres gonna be hundreds of others not affiliated with us that will be too :p ill be at the 12:30 showing..but ill be there at the theatre at around 7:30 8:00pm so i can chat and what not
  17. jabba974 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be at studio 28, wed @ 10:00pm.
    saturday I guess I'll be over at celabration around 11:00am, in costume(jedi)
  18. JediDerek Jedi Knight

star 1
    I might show up some of the saterday ( in a jedi costume :)

and my parksabers saber on my hilt.

not a deffininit but a possible.

"May the force be with you"
  19. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    Hello everyone. I will most definitely be there. I'm not sure when exactly, but I'll be there.
  20. JediDerek Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am going to see if i can go even if my hooty ride is busted right now. dang volvo's looks like itcould be a lot of fun. ( mind if i dress in my full jedi outfit??

21. Count_Scoobith Jedi Knight

star 3
    I didn't really get to meet anyone last night at 28th, :( I was in my Dooku Costume. I didn't have much time though cause I got there about 11:20 ish. :( Oh well I got to see a great movie. :D
  22. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    hi all - saw RotS twice last night 7:30 and 12:01 and going today at 4:00 plus just bought my ticket for saturday -
    Warning: one of the suits at celebration said no light sabers will be allowed in the theatre!!!!! i said he couldn't be serious, that just hours ago at studio 28 not only were we allowed to bring them in, we were encouraged to light them all up en masse when the lights were lowered. no one used them once the film began. i don't understanding this mentality, especially since on saturday people have been couraged to be in costume. mine will be in the car just in case they get a mind wipe.

just giving the heads up - feel free to protest
  23. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    What's this no-lightsaber business I keep hearing about? That's just silly. There was a phenomenal choreographed lightsaber duel in the lobby at the theatre I went to. It rocked my world. They even got on the front page of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Then again, there was a lot of crazy stuff, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. :D
  24. JediDerek Jedi Knight

star 1
    clue me in for the crazy stuff hehe.

me wants to know mesa missedsa itsa :)

lol sorry had to do it.
  25. pretender Jedi Master

star 2
    I didn't really remember what anyone looked like from the past pictures they'd posted in the threads but I was at Studio 28 for the "theatre one" showing at 12:01. They had a costume contest, so if anyone was up there I would have seen you.

My parents know one of the managers at Star in Holland snd my mom was saying that they wouldn't allow light sabers in cause they were afraid people would get hit by them. In their defence they do have to call the cops on ocassion because of rowdy crowds that are drawn to action movies.

But yeah at Studio 28 right before the movie the guy who was MC-ing the contest (people were yelling "Seacrest out" :p ) had them turn down the lights and evryone with a saber raised them in the air and lit them up at once. It was pretty cool and made me with I had bought one. A couple people I saw had their phones light up and waving, like a concert.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.