main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Grand Reopening fo SF Fan Force, New members sign up here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Dec 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hello Star Wars fans of the Bay Area,
    We got our message boards back and are starting a new chapter in the Fan Force Galaxy. I know there has been some friction between various elements of Star Wars fandom but I hope we can put that behind us and restore peace and justice to the galaxy. :) If you would like to sign up please post here! Our first Fan Force meeting is today (I know very super short notice but this is all in a very fast cooperative to get our boards back!) @ 5:30pm at Mel's Dinner on Geary. Further instructions to come. :)
    Afterwards we plan to see Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers at our cities most beloved and Star Wars associated theather, the Coronet! I hope who ever wishes to join us and sees this message can come to our meeting! Thank you all and may the Force be with us...

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I am interested to hear how your meeting went Ming, and to hear if any new members (non-Rogues) showed up. :D

3. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The meeting went great we had two non-Rogues show up to check things out with us and 7 of my regular people. So I think we got a nice start! :) The weather was perfect and things went really well.

I thank those who came out with us today and I hope I'll see you guys again soon. Rogue Squadron it was great getting everyone together and thanks for the support! The Force was with us this day!

4. Rat

Rat Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 1999
    The meeting was delicious. I hope all our meetings involve avacado burgers!

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I dunno about the avacado burgers but we'll see if we can accomadate that occasionally in the future. Well... there are three Mel's Diners that I am aware of in San Francisco. Maybe we can make an attempt to have meetings at all of them! Thanks for coming out with us!

6. sharklady

sharklady Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2002
    As long as it is some place that has milkshakes. Maybe next time we should go to Ghiridelli Choc. Factory. It was a great meeting. Let me know when the next one is. I am looking forward to it.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    That's not a bad idea, weather permitting of course, but maybe our luck will hold out just like on Saturday. After days of rain we got blue skies and sunshine. I think the Force is at work here after all there is no such thing as luck! :)

8. Miss_Offee

Miss_Offee Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2003
    When is the next meeting?

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hi Miss Offee!
    Welcome to SF Fan Force, It's going to be a bit hard to say when the next meeting is going to be but I think we could do one soon maybe if there are people out there that are interested. Perhaps we could even scramble one for this weekend since things here seem to be picking up a little. If anybody is interested in attending a second meeting this weekend I post a new thread where people can talk about it as well as a couple of my own ideas as to where and when. Thanks for your interest Miss Offee I'm sure we'll be getting together soon! May the Force be with you!

10. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Finally!
    The SF FF has come back!

If ya smellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

What The Force Is Cook'n!

hahaha

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Interesting notes on here Six. It's appreciated. lol

12. vadersdream

vadersdream Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003
    I'm totally down for a SF Fan Force as well. I can't wait for the next meeting.

13. BizarreLoveTriangle

BizarreLoveTriangle Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Yes, let's do it again! I'll check my schedule and see about a good time. Did everyone like Mel's for a meeting place?

14. Miss_Offee

Feb 3, 2003
    Yes, Mel's was a good place to meet especially in the George Lucas booth.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I say the Saturday 29th of this month is a good time for a meeting. It's a good day coz it doesn't interfer with anything I'm aware of, and it would give us a chance to discuss WonderCon, which happens next month and to plan a trip accordingly. But I'm kinda sick of Mel's, transfats in the fries and all... lol How about the Century 20 in Daily City? That should be as easy to get to as the Mel's near the Metreon.
    The RSA (Linda) has expressed to me personally the need to get the offcial SF Fan Force going because it looks good for SF in the eyes of certain Lucasfilm folks so since the activity here is so up right now, we should keep it that way!
    Since BLT organized the last TFN meeting I would like to call for this one, since it's only fair and all. In the spirit of unity and the Force that binds us, the SF Fan Force chapter shall rise again. Hope everyone can make it! More details to come. ;)

16. Miss_Offee

Feb 3, 2003
    I thought we were going with the Lucas Booth idea. I do not have a car so I would prefer it to be in SF as this is a SF FF meeting. But the date is fine with me so far.

17. BizarreLoveTriangle

BizarreLoveTriangle Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    I second the S.F. idea. It doesn't have to be Mel's, but this is the San Francisco club, it should be in San Francisco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.