main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Grand Slam in Pasadena

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Azeem, Mar 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Hey LA,

Just letting you know the Grand Slam Convention in Pasadena is this weekend (March 30-April 1) at the Pasadena Convention Center.

It is mostly a Trek convention but you will find Star Wars stuff their and the 501st will be crashing the party on Saturday.

Info is at http://www.creationent.net

2. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    oooh...I should try to make it...
    (yeah yeah there is no try...)
    ;)

3. PaulaK

PaulaK Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    StarFleetUFP previously wrote that he was going to the Grand Slam Star Trek Convention with his Star Trek Club (which is composed of Star Trek and Star Wars fans) on Friday. I would love to meet up with Star Wars/Star Trek fans who will be at the Convention. I will have access to the internet only until Thursday at 5 p.m. Please reply by then with details on how we can meet. Or e-mail me by that time at paula.katz@nlrb.gov. Otherwise, please call me at home at 415/356-5197 until Friday at 10 a.m., when I leave to catch my flight to Pasadena, and leave me your phone number. Otherwise, call my hotel in Pasadena, the Best Western Colorado Inn, at 626/793-9339, and leave me a number where I can call you back. There will be 6000 people there, and if we don't plan in advance to meet, it will be impossible. I will be going all 3 days, and I'd love to hook up. If you have a better suggestion on hooking up, such as leaving a message at Will Call as to where you'll be, let me know. See you soon. Paula Katz.

4. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Paula,

Is the group going to be there on Saturday? Are you? Feel free to say hi on Sat if so. I'll be dressed as the black Imperial Guard Carnor Jax.

Glory to the Emperor

5. Kahunna

Kahunna Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 1999
    black?? what happened to the red?

6. PaulaK

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm going; I don't know if anyone from your LA group is going. That is what I would like to find out. Unless we can arrange in advance to meet, I doubt I'll find out in the crowd of 6000, but I'll look.

7. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    You'll see us..don't worry. Its hard to miss Stormtroopers.

I am still building the new red suit Kahunna. The new version are much better.

8. TrooperTk602

TrooperTk602 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    Hey Azeem. I would like to finally meet some of the 501st. I plan on enlisting as soon as I finish my uniform. Where is this Grand Slam? Does it cost anything to get in.

9. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Its in Pasadena :b

Costs $36 at the door. Its going on right now but we'll be there tomorrow at noon.

10. Queen_Tofuti

Queen_Tofuti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2000
    Can one of you please let us know how it went? Would appreciate it. Thanks. :D

11. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Yeah, went good. Had a lot of fun

12. PaulaK

Dec 7, 2000
    Azeem: Your group was great. I got real nice shots of you and Darth Vader. I put them on a CD for the first time, but haven't figured out how to get them onto my computer yet so I can e-mail them to you. I am a computer illiterate. In the next week or 2, I'll have a friend show me. If you want me to e-mail them to you, post your e-mail address. Otherwise, come up with another idea.

I had a pretty good time at the convention. It was great to see so many Star Trek stars, and most of them were pretty interesting. I was even more exited to meet Luke's "Uncle Owen." He looked pretty old and sick, but he was very nice.

There will be a Star Trek convention in San Jose on November 10 and 11. Check the Creation web site. If anyone ends of coming north for that convention, log onto the South Bay fan site. That is the most active one in the Bay Area.

13. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Paula, you can email me at

jeff@theforce.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.