main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grand Theft Auto IV (Warning: Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The_Crow, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yes to all. I completed all the races, but do I have to repeat and win the 20 races for the achievement as well? I even met all possible girls and dumped them all. Now Niko's kinda not getting some but none of those girls were worth the grief. But I digress...

I just completed the most wanted/manhunt achievement and am left with about 75 pigeons to hunt and some 30 odd jumps to find.

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I have 2 pigeons left to find. *sigh* Now I have to go back through the YouTube video guides and figure out exactly where I missed them.

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    60% for the main storyline missions, and then (with credit to GameFAQs)
    SIDE MISSIONS
    -------------

[ ] 20 Vigilante Missions ..... 2.50%
    [ ] 30 Most Wanted Missions ..... 2.50%
    [ ] 10 Package Delivery Missions ..... 2.00%
    [ ] 10 Exotic Export Missions ..... 2.00%
    [ ] 9 Street Race Missions ..... 2.00%
    [ ] 30 Car Thefts (Stevie) ..... 2.00%
    [ ] 9 Assassination Missions ..... 2.00%

RANDOM CHARACTERS
    -----------------

[ ] Meet and complete their missions ..... 5.00%

FRIENDS
    -------

[ ] Little Jacob ..... 1.66%
    [ ] Darts
    [ ] Drinking
    [ ] Eating
    [ ] Pool
    [ ] Show
    [ ] Strip Club
    [ ] Little Jacob's special ability ..... 1.66%

[ ] Brucie ..... 1.66%
    [ ] Boating
    [ ] Bowling
    [ ] Drinking
    [ ] Eating
    [ ] Heli Ride
    [ ] Show
    [ ] Strip Club
    [ ] Brucie's special ability ..... 1.66%

[ ] Packie ..... 1.66%
    [ ] Bowling
    [ ] Darts
    [ ] Drinking
    [ ] Pool
    [ ] Show
    [ ] Strip Club
    [ ] Packie's special ability ..... 1.66%

OTHER TASKS
    -----------

[ ] 200 Flying Rats ..... 2.50%
    [ ] 50 Unique Stunt Jumps ..... 2.50%

MISCELLANEOUS
    -------------

[ ] Win a full game of bowling ..... 1.25%
    [ ] Win a game of darts ..... 1.25%
    [ ] Win a game of pool ..... 1.25%
    [ ] Beat the high score in QUB3D ..... 1.25%

4. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, that's a very comprehensive listing. Now, do you have to do every possible activity with your pals? I honestly have no idea whther I've done so. I also dont remember if I've won a full game of bowling. And qubed...seriously? I guess I'll have to start playing it then.

5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm at exactly 98.75% now. So I'm thinking I haven't done any of the following:

[ ] Win a full game of bowling ..... 1.25%
    [ ] Win a game of darts ..... 1.25%
    [ ] Win a game of pool ..... 1.25%
    [ ] Beat the high score in QUB3D ..... 1.25%

...Except that I have and then some! Maybe I have to replay one of those again (I'm thinking Qubed) to see if by some fluke I didn't save when I should have when I beat the high score.

6. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yup, it was Qubed. I knew something funny was up when one of the pigeons I killed around the same night I beat the high score was alive again. Guess I was too tired to properly save.

Wow. I'm done. First GTA game I've ever gone 100% on. And I think that's only because they simplified the jump stunts and removed the continuous-progressive vigilante/ambulance/firefighter missions (though I think someone considered to include the firefighter missions since the firetrucks do have a working water cannon). Otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered.

timmoishere: About the pigeons, I also had two unaccounted ones because I just couldn't remember If I had gotten to them or not. The IGN walkthrough provides pictures and directions that'll help you jog your memory and find them faster than going though YouTube videos.

7. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I got 100% in SA, but only because there were ways to easily pass those types of missions, and the stunt jumps didn't count.

8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Really? I thought the Stunt Jumps (unique or otherwise) always counted for the 100% completion. Otherwise, why have them there in the first place? And didnt completing the jumps, vigilante missions and collecting packages awarded you money before? This time around..zip! Nada! I spent more than 20 hours running around the city collecting crap and Niko's bank account didn't get a cent bigger (in fact, I spent quite a bit in ammo and medical care) for all that effort?! Kinda sucks man...

9. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    The packages weren't always money, I think they usually unlocked stuff at your HQ. Though maybe there was a token amount.

10. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    zomg, why did nobody tell me that it's been announced for PC yesterday? The one day I forget to check my gaming news...

in November, us keyboard-huggers can finally experience what all you have already finished two months ago :p

11. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    I might actually play it now!

12. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Rumor: GTA 4 DLC adds 15 hours of gameplay

The first of the two pieces of Xbox 360-exclusive downloadable content for Grand Theft Auto IV will add approximately 15 hours of gameplay to the 360 version when it hits this November, according to an unconfirmed report from web comic RPG-TV. Both Microsoft and Rockstar Games have remained mum on the details of the exclusive GTA 4 DLC, only confirming that it will arrive this fall.

The original content on the source page was taken down because "some of the details were quite sensitive." Here is an earlier rumor that also postulates the DLC will be "huge."

GTAIV DLC Rumored To Be Huge And Cost 1600 MS Points

Last night on the Warzone, Weapon X gave us the skinny on the GTAIV DLC. Here are the things he mentioned:

1. GTAIV DLC will arrive in late October or Early November
    2. The DLC will be more like an expansion pack
    3. It?s rumored to cost 1600 MS points and will be very large

None of this is confirmed yet but Weapon X has some very good sources. Stay tuned for more info on this in the coming weeks.

Not really sure what to expect here, but I think if any of this turns out to be true, we can expect to become addicted all over again.

13. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    GTA IV on PC, NOV. 18th.

The long-rumored PC version of Rockstar's open-world crime life simulator Grand Theft Auto IV will hit North America on November 18 and in Europe on November 21, the developer announced today.

The PC edition is said to pack "newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC," with Rockstar remaining mum on the specifics. Released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this past April, the Rockstar North-developed title went on to sell over 6 million units in its first week at retailers and has since sold over 8.5 million units.

"We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Rockstar founder Sam House. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

Word of a relatively quick PC release fits with the company's previous work, as the past three GTA titles--Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City and San Andreas--all arrived on PC within 7-9 months of their console debut.

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I don't even have GTAIV anymore because the multiplayer side of things simply isn't my cup of tea. And even if the DLC adds more missions, well, they'd have to be pretty spectacular. Coz in hindsight, a great many deal of the story missions left a lot to be desired. I mean, 90% of them were "chase bad guy/gal on car from point a to point b without losing him/her, run him/her to the ground before whacking him/her". It all got very old very fast. Hell, hunting pigeons, collecting jumps and hanging out with pals got more enjoyable after a while.

15. HemDazon90

HemDazon90 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2008
    we got a name realese date and pictures

The Lost and Damned

Febuary 2009

google it and you will find an article

16. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    If you preorder GTA IV off Steam, they're giving away Vice City with it. Meh... If anyone here has ever played GTA on PC, it's always a much better experience than on console.

17. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    lol a Wal-Mart employee tried to tell me the PC version has been banned in the US and so I couldn't buy it.

hooray for gamestop.

18. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
  19. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    that is exactly how my install process went.

I am still waiting for a patch.

20. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I guess Steam will help protect Rockstar from the second hand market.

From what I've seen, all the local EB Games have piles and piles of preowned copies of GTA IV.

21. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    It's the DRM, from what I have read. Same thing went down with Sims expansions, but not as bad.

Works fine with a no-cd crack, it has all that stuff stripped out. I understand anti-piracy, but the publishers really need to do a better job.

22. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    they're only encouraging piracy with this ****.

23. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Yup, good rule of thumb is to install the game, then don't run it. First run installs all that DRM/Securom/etc crap. Go get a no-cd crack and run it that way. You're legal if you have the CD.

Mass Effect had problems in addition to Sims 2. Mucked up people's computers.

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Mine's one of 'em. There's really not much to do with the game after you finish the story for the second time and/or complete the game 100%. I don't even see that many people playing online, if my friends list were to serve as a sample of what people's currently playing (i.e. Gears 2, CoD:WAW, Fallout 3).

25. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.