main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grand Theft Auto IV (Warning: Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The_Crow, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Crow

The_Crow Jedi Master star 4

Jan 10, 2006
    I still play GTA 2. And I never bought a GTA game for the graphics... They aren't horrible, but they're bad compared to other games from the same period. I always played GTA for the freedom that we have and the enormous amount of stuff we have to explorer. And this new GTA looks very promising regarding that.

2. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
  3. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
  4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I couldn't care less about it being a blow to the PS3.

I want this game. And now I'm going to have to wait until mid-2008.

Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Kane & Lynch, Call of Duty 4... I think I'm set until then.

5. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    The general feeling I've seen across different forums is more or less "oh good, it means I've got more time/money to play Bioshock/Mass Effect/Halo 3/whatever."

And that's pretty much the feeling I have. There are so many other big games coming out soon, I really don't care.

There doesn't seem to be a big feeling of disappointment.

6. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    I honestly wanted this more than Halo 3, but I haven't played the last two GTAs so maybe I'll just get one of them until then.

7. FitKisto88

FitKisto88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    The only problem I have was that the release date change was so sudden and out of the blue.

I'm looking forward to Halo 3 and Mass Effect too, but what if they fall prey to the same sudden delays as GTA 4 and SW The Force Unleashed?

8. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Well we've seen Halo 3 working in the beta, I doubt it'll be delayed, especially since MS will be pushing for its release.

I've heard PS3 fanboys saying GTA IV was delayed because they're struggling to fit it on a DVD, and I've heard Xbox fanboys saying the PS3 version needs major work since it's not performing compared to the 360 version.

Who knows what the real reason is, but whatever it is, it results in all of us waiting.

9. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    R* has published for the 360 before, but this is their debut on the PS3. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter they're having issues with.

10. The_Crow

Jan 10, 2006
    NOES!!
    First Spore, then The Force Unleashed and now GTA. Damn.

11. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Thing is Rockstar have said that the 360 was the problem, and that the PS3 gave their game far more capabilities.

Still this seriously sucks!

12. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Do they go into any more detail? Do you have a link to the source?

I've heard a lot of rumours but it'll be good to hear what Rockstar themselves say.

13. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
  14. The_Crow

Jan 10, 2006
    Rockstar:mad:

15. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Meh, as I said before, not too bothered really. Too many other games to look forward to.

16. The_Crow

Jan 10, 2006
    I was going to buy a PS3 after the Summer only for this game and The Force Unleashed. Oh well, I guess I will now ask one for my birthday, in April...

17. The_Crow

Jan 10, 2006
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_4#Multiplayer
    "It has recently been revealed that the multiplayer will be accessible from Niko's cell phone."
    Wut??

18. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    GTA is not the franchise that blinks when there's competition. It's every other game that considers getting the hell out of the way of GTA. Only HALO 3 is arguably bigger, and San Andreas and HALO 2 didn't hurt each other releasing within a month, back in 2004.

Personally, I think everyone's wallets should heave a sigh of relief at the delay-news. It's not like the 360 is hurting for games this fall, what with BioShock, HALO 3, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Ace Combat 6, Stranglehold, and Rock Band all within a three- or four-month window. If you're a PS3 owner, well, that's your own damn fault.

19. The_Crow

Jan 10, 2006
    http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/GTAIV_Logo.jpg]

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/GTAIV-trailer3.png]

20. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Noice!

21. The_Crow

Jan 10, 2006
    [image=http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4544/pichttp3a2f2fimgssapoptkv2.jpg]
    Oh my God, a portuguese flag!!

P.S.: I'm from Portugal...

22. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
  23. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    YES! They fixed the save system. I can't copy the pertinent quote from this story, but it's a good feature, so you should read it anyway. In a nutshell, the game now autosaves after every mission.

That's a good compromise. I was saying to someone a few months ago that I hate it when a game allows you to quicksave whenever you damn well please. An autosave after missions is a good way to go.

Also, I keep blowing my Sprunk all over my house. I have no self-control. High score: 1339.

24. The_Crow

Jan 10, 2006
    AWESOME article!! Thanks Leto!!

I want to play :(

25. Hitman90

Hitman90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2005
    thats funny, considering 3 out of the 7 games you choose are also on the PS3. and dude Ace combat 6 is not that good of a game, it is average at best. but mass effect, halo3, and bioshock are good games so i won't take that away from you. but i am perfectly happy with my PS3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.