main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Imran, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    As expected it'll be called San Andreas and it'll be a PS2 exclusive

[li][link=http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=28797&subsectionid=1585][b]Games Radar, 1st March[/b][/link][/li]

[hr]
    [image=http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/media/gamesradar/sanandreas_logo.jpg]

The next addition to the excellent GTA series has been confirmed by Rockstar. No game details were given, but it'll hit the US on October 19th, and then Europe on the 22nd - only on PS2.

This is great news. :D

Discuss!

2. Valkor

Valkor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002

8 months to go and I'm sure this game will revolutionize the industry once again! I hope they get some killer music

3. Darth_Imran

May 30, 2002
    We can expect games details to start appearing pretty soon. I think E3 will the stage at which GTA:SA is unveiled. That means we should have screenshots by end of May.

4. Kolain_Noplewoppy

Kolain_Noplewoppy Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    Sweet the next GTA yeah the game details should be coming out at E3 hopefully and i got a question? X play gave GTA Vice City a 5 out of 5 do u agree or disagree with them.

=Kolain=

5. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I probably would have given it a 4/5. It was pretty glitchy and lacked a good storyline.

Do we know what time period San Andreas will be?

6. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Excellent, I need Gangsters Paradise to be the main theme of this. Please, please, please. Like how "couldn't get away" was for VC

7. Darth_Imran

May 30, 2002
    As of yet, we know nothing about the game except for the release date, and the full name.

8. Bloodfin

Bloodfin Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2004
    Can't wait for this game...BUT WHY DID THEY PICK SAN ANDREAS :(. I thought they were gonna call it sin city?

9. HothIsBrisk

HothIsBrisk Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    I want the pc version so i need to know when that will come out

10. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    they picked San Andreas because it is the last of the original 3 cities from GTA 1 & 2

and I thought GTA 5 was confirmed

11. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    GTA4 still needs to be made.

12. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    vice city was GTA four

13. Mace_Windoo

Mace_Windoo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    No it wasn't.

14. Kolain_Noplewoppy

Kolain_Noplewoppy Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    yes it is GTA 4 Vice City

=Kolain=

15. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    WoOT!! I CALLED IT!!! I CALLED IT!!! I CALLED IT!!! WOOHOO!!! :D

Now if my other predictions for this game (surfing, movie props being used, being able to swim) come true, I'll be one VERY happy camper.

16. Darth_Imran

May 30, 2002
    I was one of the few that never liked Sin City. I've always wanted it to be SA.

17. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I can't believe they're making a 5th GTA game. I've never seen why this series is so popular. Ah well, sounds interesting I suppose.

18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I can't believe they're making a 5th GTA game. I've never seen why this series is so popular. Ah well, sounds interesting I suppose.

You have to play it -- and indulge your inner Sith -- in order to understand the fascination with the series. :D [face_devil] Me, I can't wait. However, I hope it's released with a new, less glitchy graphics engine and an improved combat system to set it apart from GTA3 and VC.

19. jedi_john_33

Sep 26, 2003
    I want to swim dammit!

Can you imagine how much coolor missions would be if you had to sneak up by swimming?!?!?!?!

I want the swimming cause I also fall in the stupid water and im tired of dying because of it lol.

Go-carts and 4 wheelers would be cool to.

And i think you should be able to use a human leg as a weapon.

20. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Great another GTA Game :D

So anyone got a list of wants from this game?

21. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    If they manage to cram in even more "Western-style" reflexive worldbuilding and free-form exploration -- not to mention as bulletproof a dialogue script as GTA:VC possessed -- I shan't be complaining. :cool:

yes it is GTA 4 Vice City[/b][hr][/blockquote]Actually, the R* reps went to great pains to point out that VC [b][i]was not[/i][/b] in fact "GTA 4," and that the grand masterplan for this game still resides securely in their vaults for eventual development and release...some day.

22. jedi_john_33

Sep 26, 2003
    so, these are like expansions even though they don't really plug into GTA 3 directly

so, GTA 4 will be totally different from GTA 3 and it's line of cities that will resemble the base game of GTA 3?

I never knew that the company intended for GTA VC not to be called GTA4...this is news to me.

23. Darth_Imran

May 30, 2002

I suppose everyone has their own preferences, but the reason why I love the series is because it's so non-linear. I spent the first three months with Vice City just going around and exploring the areas. I never even did a mission until after this period of time.

However, I hope it's released with a new, less glitchy graphics engine and an improved combat system to set it apart from GTA3 and VC.

Oh trust me, it will be. They've spent two years on this game, so I'm expecting some major changes to the engine.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Okay:

-GTA: Vice City was not GTA4, like many people have stated.

-Rockstar(or at least a rep) has stated that they're no longer going to number the GTA games, just subtitle them. (I suppose they just don't want a GTA XXXIV eventually being released)

And, I liked GTA: Vice City, 'cept for the uneven mission difficulties(i.e. difficult mission, then an easy mission) and I encountered surprisingly-bad glitches EVERY FREAKIN' TIME I PLAYED.

Anyway, I'm looking foward to San Andreas.

25. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Thank God they're doing San Andreas, I don't think i would have enjoyed it much in vegas, now is this going to be modelled after L.A or San Fransisco, i've heard its a combination of both

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.