main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Imran, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    I have a question. Is SA really worth the money I might spend on it on saturday?

2. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    More than worth the $

get it now!

3. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    So I just got the game for PC. Pretty good so far. However I can't figure out how to auto target and how to "pick up gangs".

Everytime I get a new territory it tells me I can have more gang members, how do I do this?

Thanks

4. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    comes later in game when you get more respect.

5. Metal_Force_Doom

Metal_Force_Doom Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    I don't have it on PC but for XBox you target a friendly gang member and press Up on the d-pad so target one and start hitting stuff. Up changes the radio stations if that helps.

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    wasn't it TAB?

7. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    i just use a gampad for pc.

8. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    http://www.rockstargames.com/warehouse/

grand theft auto figs. got mine great packaging.

LE to 3000

9. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    anyone else got this sith mod?
    http://www.gtagaming.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1512

10. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    That's actually pretty damn hilarious. The knife is kind of stupid, but the bike looks great. Wonder how it plays.

11. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    Fred Meyers had the game on sale for 20 bucks, so I went ahead and picked the thing up for my X-Box. I'm impressed on how big the game is, with little to no load times. The story isnt quite as strong as Vice City, but its still fun.

My only complaints:
    01) The Music sucks, aside from the classic rock and (strangly) the C&W. While I understand that this hip-hop gansta rap is part of the subculture, and does a good job in backing up the overall themes of the game, it still sucks. I like rap, back when it was fun - Sugarhill Gang, MC Hammer, Run DMC, the Fat Boys. This is all Angry Black Man Music*, and not nearly as good.

*Note that the color of your skin does not actualy have anything to do with Angry Black Man Music.

The techno/house is ok, but thats never been my thing (aside from some Kraftworks tracks) and the Rastafarian is good, but not good game music.

02) I cant understand the cut scene dialouge. While I get the general context of what theyre trying to say, the specifics are lost on me. I keep hoping that Barbara Billingsley will appear in my living room and say "Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive."

Fortunatly the problem seems to clear itself up as CJ gets into the bigger world than just "Da Hood".

12. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    ok head count.
    who's still playin.????
    GTA3 or VICE as well)

ive done SA a lot now i had to get VC for PC from ebay since mine got lost in a move.(so i'll be playin that again now. it's been a while since i visited vice city.)

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I finished the story missions and as far as that goes, I think that Vice City has the superior story (besides, I'm just a sucker for the whole Miami Vice/Scarface thing). The gangsta stuff is what made me lose interest in the game awhile back. And at times certain elements like the Truth and Mike Torreno/flying missions make things just a bit too ridiculous for my liking. I found the end to be very anticlimactic, I really wanted CJ to give Samuel J -- I mean, Officer Tenpenny, a good comeuppance. Preferrably with a Desert Eagle at point blank range right between the eyes.

As far as technical achievments go, the game is truly the best in the series. Such a wide landscape compressed into one DVD with little to no load time, with all the different terrains, towns, cities and all the things to find and do in them all...it was simply awesome. I wonder how Rockstar is going to try and top this one.

14. mastersith69

mastersith69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    i thought this game sucked and i took it back within a week of buying it and got call of duty instead. this game is only good if you are a thug and whigger who hangs out at the mall on a friday night. do not waste your moeny, if you like grand theft auto i recommend the older versions.

15. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Anyone know a code for the explicit stuff on the PS2 that rockstar got sued over and they made them chaneg the rating or was that just for PC?

16. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    That couldn't be more false. Clearly, I'm neither of the above stated, and I enjoyed this game. Once the mission based story is over with, it gets a little dull. All in all, a great game, though.

lol.

17. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    I agree that i like the mob theme better, but SA in no way sucked thats just a false statement it was an insanely fun game.

18. Ryozo

Ryozo Jedi Master star 1

Oct 3, 2002
    Not quite true; the ability to recruit other gang members is tied to your respect stat, not X point in the storyline. And because that stat is influenced by how many drug dealers and enemy gang members you kill, that makes yet another good argument for taking time in between missions for, ah, 'hunting expeditions'... aside from cash - remember, dealers drop ~$2K - and weapon proficiency.
    Tip: it's a good idea to max out your weapon skills early - and especially before the first round of territory wars. As additional incentive: max skill w/machine pistols (as distinct from SMG) or sawed-off shotgun makes it possible to keep the Banshee from 'Grey Imports'.
    Yes, the Ka-Bar and katana are lots of fun to use, as is the suppressed 9mm; pity they didn't include a gi and hakama as a bonus outfit (reference image illustrating reddish gi and white hakama).

19. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    On a side not i just got VC for pc for 9.84$ at walmart
    (in the cheap pc game section)glad to have this game back.

20. mastersith69

Mar 10, 2005
    you guys are crazy saying this game is great. vice city is much better. san andreas is just to gangsta for my taste, oh wow i can steal chicken and go to the barbershop and get cornrows in my heeaad then shoot the barber. good realism. i'll stick with wrestling games.

21. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    if you hate this game so much, then why keep posting up in it's thread?

22. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    Hello Maxle

23. mastersith69

Mar 10, 2005
    TLJ Edit: that's trolling

24. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    little boys, eh?

hi, kakkay.

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    TLJ Edit: Let's not feed the trolls, shall we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.