main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Let's hope it doesn't suck.

3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Hoping it'll be set in Vice City or somewhere new. Had my fill of Liberty City and San Andreas didn't appeal.

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    This. To me the best GTA game I've ever played was Vice City. Anything afterwards failed to be anywhere that fun or compelling.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Oh goodie, if this is received with anywhere near the same popularity as the debut of GTAIV then I'm expecting the internet to melt again.[face_tired]

It's nice to have a AAA title to look forward to again though. Mass Effect 3 and Halo 4 are games I am following, but am incredibly wary about for now. I can at least assume that GTAV will have the impressive levels of detail of the previous games. Perhaps R* will put in all the features that were controversially removed from IV.

6. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003

7. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    As long as my friends don't keep calling me and interrupting my mayhem to take them bowling I'll be happy.

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The best GTA game I've played was China Town Wars. Fun little mini games, a story interesting enough to keep me going back to it, and delightfully nostalgic while having updated graphics.

9. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Any guesses as to which locale R*'ll pick? I'm hoping for Seattle but my gut is saying L.A. or Washington D.C. Either way, I'm just hoping they do another retro game. '60s, '70s, '80s, anything but modern to better differentiate the GTA brand from Saints Row.

10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've just thought of something that'd be great. What if it was set in the 1920's or 1930's New York? It's the prohibition era with gangsters like Al Capone and lots of rival gangs. Plus it seems that LA Noire was a big success so giving fans more of that era would work in their favour.

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I personally hope they tone it down from the GTAIV serious face and back towards San Andreas/Vice City.

Though GTA3 was pretty serious and that was still good. Maybe it was just all the phone calls and other junk that I didn't like in GTAIV.

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    We should be able to navigate at least all of America by now.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
  14. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The cynic in me is wondering if this is being rushed out using some of LA Noire's resources now.[face_worried]

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    ^That is a very good point.

I just hope they make ALL apartment fire escape ladders accessible, make more building interiors more than just painted textures, and add in a mechanic so I can pick up dead bodies and dump them in the back of my car or into the ocean.

16. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I like the idea of multiple protagonists, as long as they're each equally as compelling as the other. I don't want to have the feeling of "Aw crap, gotta play as this loser for a couple hours now."

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    ^Exactly how I felt whenever a Catwoman mission popped up after a climactic point in Arkham City.

18. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Cautiously optimistic about this one, despite returning to the whole L.A. gangland-scene, etc. If Rockstar takes the best gameplay aspects of GTA IV combines those with the raw, searing emotional honesty of Red Dead, we could have something special on our hands, here.

Although, having played through L.A. Noire this past summer, I was already starting to get a bit burned out on the setting. Still, if C.J. manages to put in another appearance in this game, fantastic.

19. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Call it a hunch, but I think we'll see another return to the city+wilderness model of SA. I'm thinking it'll be centered around L.A. with smaller outlying towns, maybe even including the US/Mexico border and a Tijuana analogy. I think San Fierro and Las Venturas are out this time around, though.

Also, why has no else asked this-

They've called it GTA:Five. Does that mean this game will be to GTA4 what GTA4 was to 3? I'm wondering if this means a new or at least vastly improved engine. The great DLC that was TLATD and TBOGT aside, where is GTA4:San Andreas or Vice City:Somethingoranother stories?

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  21. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Oh, I'd totally expect some south-of-the-border shenanigans this time around, especially given all the recent real-life immigration hoo-hoo going on in Congress.

This is one "Bastion's Buddy" who's dying to beat down some Al Con-Queso ass.

There was an interview very recently with Dan Houser where he alluded to this (the numbered entries signifying "paradigm-shift" titles), but it wouldn't shock me one bit to see an upgraded engine of some sort in place next year.

22. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    After experiencing what Rockstar was able to accomplish with Red Dead Redemption last year, I have no doubt that V will be a huge leap forward from IV, at least from a technical standpoint. I can't wait to see what they've got up their sleeves.

Also, I wonder what this means for Agent? Has that game even gotten a trailer yet? I sort of wish they'd just cancel it already, lest it becomes another decade in the waiting Noire-like letdown.

23. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    There is already a GTA V, it's called Saints Row the Third.

24. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    [image=http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i282/nisus8/genki.jpg]

25. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Trailer!

Looks like it's San Andreas!