Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Oh my gosh! That looks stunning![face_hypnotized] I can't wait to see more! :D
  2. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Doesn't look like it. The two games have drastically different graphical styling; Noire was photo/ultra-realistic while GTA has always had a comic realism to it.

Looks good. I am concerned for the multiple protagonist idea, though. I feel like a less focused narrative in a game like GTA will be a bad thing. But I have the utmost faith in Rockstar, they've never let me down.

Now, I'm guessing we'll be playing this Holiday '12 or Spring '13. :p
  3. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    LIOTTA?

I totally squee'd.

That said...dude's gotta be, like, 60, now. I can't see Tommy being the main playable character, least of all if any running-from-the-cops is involved.

A quest-giver, then. (Also, was that Mount Chiliad I saw...??)
  4. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm pretty sure that's not Liotta/Vercetti.
  5. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Hard to say.

Few things I noticed...

1) The game looks beautiful. The terrain/environment is beautifully done, much like Red Dead Redemption.

2) Dog on the beach...domestic animals this time around?

3) Fighter Jet streaking the city sky and a private jet. Maybe we'll take the skies once again.

Overall, pretty awesome. The convertible cars looks cool and something about this just seems so fresh. Can't wait. Except, I'm gonna have to. At least another year.
  6. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Confirmed: That's not Liotta

I can't see Rockstar bringing back Vercetti without Liotta. Plus the character in the trailer looks to be in his forties whereas, assuming the game is set in present day, Vercetti would be in his 60's by now.

Can't wait for Rockstar to give us some official deets.
  7. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Vercetti or not, doesn't matter to me. This game looks great and I'm excited by the facelift the game engine and Los Santos are getting.

Makes sense. Liberty City got a facelift in IV, now San Andreas gets a facelift in V. Maybe in the next one, they'll give Vice City a facelift. Maybe not. But I'd like for people to stop with the "WHY NO VICE CITY!? I WANT MODERN VICE CITY!!!" No, Angry Fanboy, you don't. The thing that made Vice City so awesome and unique was the 80's atmosphere, not the beach location. If Rockstar goes back there, it'll be like Michael Mann's "Miami Vice". See: Not as good as the original.

I think Rockstar has earned one thing from us: trust. After classics like III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, The Lost and Damned, Gay Tony and, most recently (their best game, yet) Red Dead Redemption...I think it's safe to assume Rockstar knows what they're doing.
  8. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    That was an interesting trailer. I like what I see so far. Hopefully it'll be more variable than gta 4 was.
  9. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    saintwhonow? [face_mischief]

Trailer looked great! The build looks pretty advanced, I wonder how much dev time has already been put in?

Something I hope to see a return to? Bicyles. Didn't see any yet but I'll keep looking. One of my favorite things from SA was barely escaping the law/ballas on a BMX.

The homeless seemed to get a lot of screen time so I'm thinking that they're not just background characters but will likely be invloved in missions. Any thoughts?
  10. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
  11. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Have a look:
    [image=http://geek.pikimal.com/files/2011/11/24_thumb.jpg]

Here is a nice shot-by-shot trailer analysis. Looks like the current economic crisis will have at least a marginal role in the story.
  12. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Sweet! Thanks!
  13. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  14. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  15. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Maybe I'll be the only one who says this, but I'd rather have gone back to Vice City.
  16. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  17. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree. May seems like their "release" window for most games so I foresee a May '13. Guessing May '12 will be reserved for Max Payne 3.

No, you're not the only one who thinks so. But like I said, the thing that was so awesome about Vice City was it's 80's setting. I doubt they'd go back in to the time warp and produce another "retro-themed" game. Like I said above, if they attempted to modern day Vice City it would just be a beach setting; and we get beaches in Los Santos.

Well, that's not confirmed. It's confirmed the bulk of the story will be in Los Santos "and surrounding areas".

Sounds great. Something I noticed (and it's such a small detail) is the randomly generated license plates. I just hated that every single one said "Liberty City" in GTA IV.
  18. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Can't wait for the crop dusting side missions and running over immigrant workers in a combine harvester. SA is my favourite GTA game, only one I 100%ed (only game, in fact.)
  19. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You know, at first I just thought the homeless would play an important role, but now, after a few more views and reading that play-by-play article, I'm thinking economic disparity will be central to the story. The trailer keeps shifting from high-end sports cars, golf, jet skis and expansive Hollywood hills houses to foreclosure, tent cities and cardboard signs.

I wonder if the story will be something akin to Arrested Development, a riches to rags story. It'd interesting if R* decided to mix things up by starting the player with oodles of cash and a big house and gradually moving them toward a dilapidated 1-story on Grove St. Not sure how it would work, just that it would be interesting.

Edits: Because I'm my own worst grammar nazi and I need caffiene :p
  20. Ichor_Razor Force Ghost

star 3
    I just want good gameplay controls for gods sakes. For example, the ability to run without having to hold down a button ("x" for example), have drive-by's be confined once again to shootng out the left & right front-door windows (& maybe from the windshield), & things such as removing the sticky targeting & giving you lock-on targeting & free-aim akin to San Andreas.

PLEASE ROCKSTAR! I BEG OF YOU! MAKE GOOD, NON-CLUNKY CONTROLS THIS TIME! (BETTER THAN RDR, TOO!)
  21. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Is it possible to top the controls in RDR? I'll be happy if they get close to that level.
  22. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    You won't find me knocking the RDR control-setup, either. If Rockstar can somehow top that, I'll be surprised.
  23. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    pleasepleaseplease lemme lasso a hooker...
  24. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Dunno how much credibility this has but...
    GTA V Map Leaked.

Looks plausible but I'd guess this is, at best, an early/partial version.

25. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Looks...kind of legitimate. I don't know, hard to believe a map would be leaked just days after the first trailer.

The map is usually one of the last things released. If that ends up being real, cool...but color me skeptical. However, if it is real, the game may be closer than we all think. [face_thinking]