Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Maybe the rumors of Summer '12 are true? I just can't see Rockstar releasing two of their games so close to each other.
  2. Ichor_Razor Force Ghost

star 2
    Check out this cool comparison of San Andreas' & V's Los Santos here.
  3. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    That person definitely put some work into that.

Really cool to see the difference in graphics and how far the franchise (and games in general) have come.
  4. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    That is awesome. And to think that's only a seven year gap. Imagine where we'll be in 2018!
  5. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    January's Gameinformer has a small article on GTA V, but it's not much more than the same speculation seen everywhere else. Also, they interviewed Dan Houser.
  6. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  7. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  8. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The well is no longer dry[face_dancing]

Anyone wanna speculate on map size? Multiple protagonist vs the one "Why did I move here?" guy? Did anyone end up with a viewfinder? Information is flowing again...what's on your mind, people?
    Last edited by -Gundark-, Nov 2, 2012
  9. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Last edited by -Gundark-, Nov 2, 2012
  10. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Old news by now, but it's been confirmed that GTA V will release this Spring. Not too far away. Now we just wait on trailer #2.
    Last edited by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 4, 2012
  11. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Trailer #2 coming Wednesday 14 November, per the R* newswire.
  12. Ichor_Razor Force Ghost

star 2
    Playing as 3 characters simultaneously sounds like it'll be cool as long as it's handled well enough. & this is a stupid question but I wonder if they have surnames or is rockstar opting not to give them any [face_thinking].
    Last edited by SithLord_Darth_Vader, Nov 10, 2012
  13. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    Looking forward to seeing this new trailer.
  14. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Trailer #2 is up.

Looks great. It's Rockstar, so of course it's going to look great. I just wanna get my hands on it.
  15. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    Looks good. Can't wait to get it.
  16. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  17. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I keep wondering how the economy has been changed. R* have stated that while property will not be available to purchase, there will be somewhere to spend those millions made in endgame. Anyone care to speculate?

Also, After hearing two official R* music selections associated with V, The Small Faces' Ogden's Nut Gone Flake and Stevie Wonder's Skeletons, anyone care to speculate on what we'll be hearing on the radio? Apart from Lazlo, of course.

I'd personally like to see quite a few of the San Andreas radio stations return, especially some familiar tunes to listen to for the dance minigame described by the multitude of preview articles released this week. Hollywood Swinging was a great track for SA's dance mingame as the beat is pretty easy to follow but the tracks in TBOGT threw me a bit, as I hadn't heard the songs used prior to playing.

Finally, how has the wanted level system been tweaked to accomidate aircraft/any other unsual vehicles (hint: jetpack)? Will it still be based on escaping the search radii? R* have also mentioned that since Trevor is a pilot, aircraft will be available from the outset. Since we've seen something resembling an F-16 now on both trailers, assuming the pilot is Trevor, and taking into consideration R*'s statement that while aircraft is available, no one is going to just let you "have" it... So, bribes for gate guards, mabye? Some sort of rental fee, perhaps? Not sure but I do hope it's not mission specific. I WANT A HYDRA!