main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Grand Theft Auto

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediKnight20043, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So um. I now have 3 Astons in the garage. I'll have a fourth soon when I trade the Ubermacht Zion Cabriolet (aka BMW 6 series cabrio) for the Rapid GT (aka Aston Martin Vantage).

2. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    I sped past Ender Sai the other night but was basically just hopping off the computer as I joined the same server as him.

My garage has an Elegy and the Pegassi Vacca. I'm not sure if the Vacca is better than the Infernus or the other supercar that everyone seems to drive but holy hell it looks fantastic.

Ender Sai likes this.
  3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The other one people love is the Zentorno, based on the Lamborghini Huracán. I will typically take this car in the Supercar race category - the handling and grip suit my style.

The Elegy is free, right?

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yes, IIRC, it was. The Zentorno was so sweet. Probably the next best thing to a Batmobile in GTAV.

5. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    After getting my two essays in yesterday at Uni, I finally treated myself to my first full and proper session of GTA V on the story mode. I'm now adapting to the feel and control of the game. Best of all, only one loading time! I've even managed to add some pizzazz to the graphics too through tweaking some of the settings while keeping the smooth gameplay. Driving is an absolute joy.

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Let's do some missions this weekend?

7. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Sounds good. The only thing I need to figure out is messaging. When you press "T" it addresses "all". How do I address you personally without the entire board of players seeing it?

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Not sure how. There's "team" chat but it won't work on open world. If we're in the same session we can text, by bringing your phone up and going to contacts -> Endersai -> Send text

You know to always use your phone's internet to bank your cash away in online right? I have $450,000 in the bank, and $41 on me.

9. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I guess I should probably deposit my cash as I'm still carrying my pre-order bonus credit on my person.

By the way, your name came up last night in story mode. On the left hand side of the screen above the health and map hud you get these little status updates. I had one from EnderSai. What are these for? Were you writing to me while in story mode?

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Hey people,
    I know this is a relatively old post, but I just bought the game for my PS3 and wanted to talk about it (without creating an unnecessary new thread). I'm still a relatively newbie to the game, but if you're interested in pairing up or inviting me to a crew, my PSN is Jon1277.

11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    If I was still on ps3 I'd hit you up, but I'm on ps4 now.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The funny thing was that I was considering holding off on getting game until I bought a PS4, but at $25 for a fine used copy at Gamestop I couldn't resist.

13. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Approaching the end of this juggernaut. Up to the government building job, opting for roof entry. It's been a hell of a ride.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I've barely played any single player; I joined Nonchalant Dominance, the crew run by Broughy1322 of YouTube fame. Racing a lot, doing a lot of GTA Online stuff.

Some nice cars in my garage:

Progen T20 (McLaren P1/McLaren 570s)
    [​IMG]

Benefactor Stirling GT (Mercedes Benz 300SLR; the "Stirling" name is for Sir Stirling Moss)

[​IMG]

Pegassi Osiris (Pagani Huraya, painted in Red Bull Racing colours of midnight blue and purple)

[​IMG]

Grotti Turismo R (Ferrari LaFerrari)

[​IMG]

Dewbauchee Massacro (Aston Martin Vanquish)

[​IMG]

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Whoa. I'm still a newbie in the game. Just the other day I went on my first true race with other players and finished 3rd (among five). It was a long but easy race circumnavigating the entire "state". I just bought my first apartment and my car is a silver Gauntlet.

16. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    And that's a wrap!

Excellent game, one of the best of the year (remember, PC users only got their version this year).

My ending:

Deathwish. I didn't want to turn against any of them, I like all three of the characters. I'll try the other endings later.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I don't think many players would've chosen otherwise. The other two choices make Franklin look like a traitorous scummy douche.

18. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I would have thought so too because

part of why I loved the three if them is because of the tension, banter and uncertainty between the three of them. Having them split into factions to kill the other off undermines that because it's nowhere near as interesting as seeing them resolve their differences and ride into the sunset. It's the perfect ending really, especially after the near 40 hours I put into getting to that point.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, that and the fact that choosing otherwise prevents you from giving several ***holes their well deserved comeuppance.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Lemme ask a question. Does your online character benefit if you've gone completely through the story mode of the game?

21. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    AFAIRC, nope. There aren't any perks of bonuses in GTAO from you offline experience other than, say, knowing the lay of the land, cars and weapons.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's cool. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I only got the game a couple weeks ago, and have been playing online moreso than the story mode anyway. Still yet to join a crew.

23. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I played through single player because I still love single player campaigns but also to get experience of actually having played the game rather than learning on my feet as I play online.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I guess considering the issues that PSN has been having, I could easily find myself playing the single player campaigns more often than I had originally intended.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I love GTA IV, its story is one of my favourites in games because of the writing and grey shades everywhere.

Barely set foot in V; been online a lot.

No benefit b/w GTAO and GTAV either, Ahsoka's Tano - distinct and separate.

As I mentioned before, I joined Nonchalant Dominance, aka NoDo, the crew headed by Broughy1322 on YouTube. Mostly we're racing, but occasionally we get together for random stuff.

Note, please, how I thousand-yard-stare over a bottle of whiskey whilst they party.... some things you can't un-see.

[​IMG]