main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Grandville Movie Memorabilia and Comic book show. July 9/Aug 13

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VADER674, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VADER674

VADER674 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    Ok I thought I would start this thread so we can post who will be there and the like.

WHAT: Rivertown entertainment is putting on a Movie Memorabilia and Comic book show.

WHEN: July 9th and August 13th From 11:00am til 5:00pm

WHERE: At the Gandville Banquet and Convention Center
    2900 Wilson Ave. Grandville MI.

Ok Ive went to the show yesterday. This is not a huge show but it has potential to become something big.

I talked to Mark who is the man in charge he's really excited about having us. So here are the the things that you'll want to know::

We have a good size area to change in and store totes. If we can get enough troopers for this I would like to have a couple of them outside to generate interest, if we have enough we will rotate as often as needed. we will have the 2 tables and be able to do the photo booth for donations. Jaster is going to send me a copy of his dvd that he made for MCCC so we can have this playing at the table. So we just have to get some other things to put on the tables, Jon is going to lend me the squad photo binder so we will have that on the table. Any props that anyone wants to bring to put on the table that you dont mind people touching would be great. I'm thinking about doing Photos for donation to the the Kids Wish Network. Which if you havent heard of them they are like the Make A Wish organization..

Im hoping that we can get some flyers and maybe some bussiness cards to put on the table.

So if I have missed anything please let me know.

If you can attend please post here and I will start a list and I also need to be able to tell Mark how many will be attending for the shows.

2. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Planning on the 9th - but can't be there the entire 6 hours. and you can let us know if the August date is a "go".

3. pfont2

pfont2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006
    Well I finally got around to regeristing for the forum. Anyways My name is Phil and I'm trying to get costumers for this event so if you would like to do this please post so that I can let the man in charge know how many will be coming that would be great. And thank you Lee for posting this over here. It was also nice to meet some of you yesterday at the meeting.

4. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Welcome pfont2 to the Grand Rapids Fan Force. I will be able to make this event, so put another person down on your list.

5. pfont2

pfont2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006
    Good deal glad you can make it.

6. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    I think I have a family reunion on july 9th, but aug 13 might work for me

7. pfont2

pfont2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006
    Ok for anybody thats coming to this you can show up between 9:00-10:00 or later if you want depending how long it takes to get your costume on. I will be there about 9:00 to start setting up tables and such. I am also sending the names of those who are going to be there to Mark so he can give it to the people at the door so they will have your first name to get in. Hope to see you all Sunday.

8. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Good luck guys and gals, sorry I can't make it to this one. :(

9. M1B4K4TIES

M1B4K4TIES Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2006
    I'll help on the 13th but I hav no costume.

10. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    it's nearly 1:30 a.m. and I'm not feeling any better -
    probably will not be able to help out @ Grandville.

11. pfont2

pfont2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006
    Hey everybody just wanted to thanks everyone that made it out today. Wish we would have been more busy but hey it was still fun. Thanks to LeiaSkywalker,Jareeth, Vader 674, and Cassie and Donavons Mom Karen for coming today. I will let everyone know if the 13th is going to happen or not.And I hope that you get to feeling better Linda.

12. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    Thanks Phil. I think it was the corned beef. Need to stick with Jedi food capsules.

13. pfont2

pfont2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006
    Just to let you all know the Aug. 13th event is not going to happen. Here is the email I got from Mark H.

Thanks to all who attended the Jul. 9th event.

14. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    so sad :( to hear -
    it's tough to be in business that first year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.