main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Grape and Wine 2006

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Well it is almost that time of the year again, but this year is vastly different.

YJN is not the active club of years past. I blame that on me, but it can't be helped...I work 70% of my time out of town now (currently back in Winnipeg) and when I come home I want to spend time with Deb and Kaitlyn. It's kind of hard to applogize for that.

So since YJN is so slow, are there any members still around/left that want to take part in this years parade? I've seen posts form other chapters asking about the event, and I've also gotten PM's.

Bottom line....do we still have YJN members interested in the parade to make it worth hosting this event?

Personally I can not say I will even be in town for the event. I will not know till closer to the parade date. But I still vote yes have the event.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I look forward to the event, and would hate to miss it, and see us miss it. Another yes.

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I know we are not technically part of YJN anymore....but Stephanie and I also vote yes...if this is the last Grape and Wine Parade then so be it, we have enjoyed it every single year and it holds a special place in our lives.

If you need any help organizing it we will also be willing to help again.

4. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I need to know the exact date so I can check my availability..cause my schedual is swamped and crazy. But if it's on a day I am actually free, then I say yes too, for me, Dan and the girls.

5. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I'd like to come too!

6. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Justin and Steph, even though you have moved away, you are still considered members of our group.

Dimi...the parade is on Saturday September 30th. Hope you guys can make it...would love to see you and the girls. Kaitlyn is now big enough to probably actually play with your girls. :)

7. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    hey great. That is enough notice, I can get the time off most likely. Although I am having surgery sometime in Sept or Oct. Just don't have the date yet. As long as it's not around that time, then I say Dan, myself and the girls will be there. I am sure the three girls will have a great time together now.

8. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm glad to hear that it's the 30th I was worried it would be on the 23rd and conflict with a different event we have down here in Utica, NY.
    I'm sure we'll have folks wanting to come up for this parade again. I'll start some threads on the other boards!

~Doc_Bev

9. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    That sounds good. I guess I better inquire with my dad if his hall is available again. Did it work out last year??

10. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Last year everything was great, hall et al. The location and space is perfect!

11. TC-5986

TC-5986 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    I am of course interested. Graeme as well. I'd also like to get more 501st out again this year. Have we heard from the other groups in the states?

12. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I will come. From albany as usual.

I enjoy your hospitality and always look forward to the parade.

13. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    North Ridge is ready and waiting for the green light!

14. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm in... probably.

15. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    As is Garrison Excelsior.

~Doc_Bev

16. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    I've asked my dad to check the date at the hall to see if it is still available. I will let you know when I find out!

17. beezel26

May 11, 2003

Sweet maybe we will finally find clues to the national treasure.

Or better yet Chris I mean Indy could search for the Ark of the Covenant.

18. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    LOL!!!

My dad confirmed with me that he wrote us in for September 30th. The hall is not a problem.

19. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Looking forward to this again & I had a great time last year.

20. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Somebody please get Chris a Fedora for the event.

and a whip and gun while your at it.

21. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Always looking forward to the Grape and Wine parade every year! I'm sure Chris will let you know Buffalo's final count, but Gil, Rob and I are planning on being there.

22. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    IM NOT WORKING THAT WEEKEND,

I SHOULD BE ABLE TO ATTEND

IM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!![face_hypnotized]

23. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah, count me in. I was hoping that we could all do this at least once more. Its special for me as well. It was my first costume event. Its so wonderful to be with all of you together.

24. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'll be there! It's two days after my birthday, and I booked the day off back in May. Peter said he's probably not coming though.

25. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I would most definately like to come out this year, The only thing is that September is looking rather sketchy for me since the job that I am at now, my contranct finishes on August 31st and once I do manage to secure a new job, I can't nessacairly say that I will not be working that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.