main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Grape and Wine 2006

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Bayley,

You can always tell them in the interviews you need the day off. I did this when I was hired on and had a trip to Las Vegas arranged.

2. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Well, If I get the job that I am currently tailoring my resume too I won't have to worry about working nights or weekends anyways :D

3. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I said that I wanted to come out and do this one. Hopefully Dan and I with the girls still can. But... I am going in for Surgery on the 12 of September, and I may not be up to par by the 30th. If I am feeling alright, we will be there, if not, then no. It's a.. will have to wait and see thing.

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well you can always sit in teh truck if we have that again ;)

5. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    I hope you aren't have too "serious" a surgery, although any surgery can be serious. Hope it works out that you guys can come. I know our girls would have a blast together. We won't be "in" the parade, but there for the festivities afterwards. Thought I would take her to see some of the parade. Hope that works out.

6. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Ok...

1) Lets get a list of people coming to the parade (including those from out of town).

2) Are we doing the beef on a bun/pot luck dinner again? (we provide the "main meal" and everyone else brings drinks/salads/treats)

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I'll start a thread on the Buffalo forums and get a head count to you shortly.

is it ok if the out of towners bring money for food?

8. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I am having Ear Surgery. not too serious, but because of where it is, could be complications. Dan and I will be there for sure with the girls. If I am not feeling up to walking, I will stay in the crowd with the girls and watch. The Beef and buns is a must, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. And the pot luck for everything else is always a good idea.

9. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    So far we have 7-9 folks from the Rochester area who are intending on heading over for this.

~Doc_Bev

10. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I'm interested, though I don't think I have a wearable costume. I might be able to fix shaden, but probably not, the over tunic is really bad.

Any avalible costumes?

11. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    You can go ahead and put me down as coming, I will let you know if anything changes between now and then but I should be able to make it.

12. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I am coming and I like the idea from last year re: food

13. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'll come as Jocosta again, but I'll bring my extra costume pieces again... random jedi items, minus boots and belt, and a few rubber mask (like Jar Jar)

14. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Rabellaka, Would you possibly mind if I borrowed your Jedi costume if you have it to spare? As it happens I own boots and the belt...but I lack everything else pretty much ;)

15. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    What ime is the parade and what time would we need to arrive to avoid the road closings?

16. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    The parade starts at 11am, but I am guessing that you should be here around 9ish to avoid any problems with road closings.

17. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    Last year we were told that road closures start at 9am. A map of the route can be found here.

See you there!

18. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    from the G&W website:

Take the Pen Centre Shuttle to the Grande Parade on September 30 and remember to park early in Downtown St. Catharines as road closures start at 9 am.

19. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Bayley, you can borrow whatever you need from my extra pieces.

That reminds me, I need to hem the sleeves on my costume, I still haven't gotten around to doing that.

20. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Just in case anyone was worried...

We FINALLY got the "good to go" letter from the parade people.

So for those wanting to know if we are using my truck again...yes. I will have to be down at the parade route with the truck at it's starting point by 9 am. I would suggest everyone else be at the mason hall at that time also.

21. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I will be there as always. My girlfriend and/or cousin may comming along this year as well.

22. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Andrew, what did we tell you about dating your cousin?

23. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Hey, seven percent chance of flipper babies isnt bad at all.

Woofer,

your not still living with your parents at all are you?

24. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    The question was posted on the Buffalo board about if Graeme was going to be there as Boba Fett... Anyone from Canada want to answer Kyle's question?

25. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I worry about you sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.