main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Grape and Wine 2006

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Couple questions...

How long is the parade route again?
    And, how far is the meeting hall from the line-up spot?

~Doc_Bev

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    The parade is 2 hours long, but the walk itself is about 1 to 1.5 hours.

The walk to the start position is about 15 min. away, the walk to the hall after the parade is about 2 min.

3. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    Work booked me to work Friday Midnight til 8am (of Saturday) and then booked me for work that evening.
    After I had asked for it off...

So I could try and make it down, but I think getting sleep may win the battle instead :)

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Weather.ca is no calling for a sunny morning and a light rain afternoon, its been sunny here all day in Trenton and it may yet be adjusted again in St. Kitts! Heres hoping!

http://weather.ca/weather/cities/can/Pages/CAON0638.htm

5. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Environment canada is also calling for a high of 13 and 30 km/hr wind. I think it's going to be pretty craptastic even if it doesn't rain.

Good for the people in really warm costumes though.

6. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Just a reminder....

For the event, everyone has to chip in $5.00. That is for the "Beef on a Bun".

7. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I forgot about this, but I was given a box of around 50 2006 Episode III posters that I would like to give away...

Also, I don't think I'll be staying for lunch. Besides the fact that allergies and stuff prevent me from eating most food, I have to be back in London as early as possible.

8. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I ended up getting 5 12 packs of various kinds of pop including one that's sugar free incase anyone can't/won't drink sugar.

Now the trick is to remember to put them in steph's car

9. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Had a blast as usual! Thanks for having us up! Chris, your kid has grown so much!

10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    It was great for all of us to be able to get up there and do this once again. Good job. Thanks for having us. Wish we could get together more often.

Thanks for the calender. I needed a SW one for 2006.

11. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Hey Guys and Gals

Im Glad the weather behaved it self today[face_whistling]
    Crystal and I had a blast today. It was nice to see old Freinds today,and meet some new ones from the USA [face_flag] you guys are awsome!!!!!

Great costumes everyone =D= enjoy the Pics

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaderjay1/my_photos

Unit we meet again......May the force be with you!!

12. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Thank you YJN for inviting us out fore the parade and for being gracious hosts. I had a great time marching and also the chance to meet some new faces.

Hey Justin, it's all about the RED this year.:p

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just got home.
    Big Thank You YJN!
    Will write more tomorrow... I-)

~Doc_Bev

14. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey everyone!

We had a great time this year! This was Nikki's (The young girl in the light blue padme) first parade and Star Wars event and she had a blast!! All the younglings hope to come again NEXT year and have a blast again.

These are the events that really show what kind of fun you can have with just a handfful of people, or a couple dozen! Apples to Apples at the end was great too!

Sorry to all the people that I did not meet, there was the two women Jedi and an Obi-Wan that was new to me, I think Dean mentioned were from Pensylvania? Pittsberg?

And Chris, holy is red ever the colour! For those who didn't notice, Chris was in his Royal Guard and right in front of dean and I, row wise. And who do you think got stopped for a few pictures? Stopped for hugs? shouts and hand slapping? Not Obi-Wan, not Anakin....

One of the oddest times in costume where the usual odd man out was pretty popular! Pretty sure it was the best event for that costume ever lol! I don't know if Rob got mauled similiarly, but I really wouldn't be surprised!

Thanks again for a great parade and time everyone! And thank you for all the compliments on the trading cards!

Will have our pictures up shortly!

15. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Every kid loves the red crayon...

16. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Thanks YJN, from Rochester! I had A great time Thanks for having us.

Oh & to the ladies then lent me the tylonal w/codine, Thanks I snored half the way home.

17. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    We have our pictures up!

Photobucket seems to shrink the resolution, so if you want a high res one please ask!

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/Primrodo/Grape%20And%20Wine%202006/

18. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Your very welcome, Glad to hear that it helped. Leave it to the Nurse to have the really good stuff eh? ;)

I had a wonderful time yesterday, Though I am really sore and kind of sick today it was great and I hope to see you all again next year if not sooner than than :)

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here are our photos!

Thanks again YJN! It was a great way to spend my birthday!

~Doc_Bev

20. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    Thanks to Chris and Debby for organizing this event!
    This was my first parade experience - I had a great time both at the actual parade and afterwards.
    Glad to see such a good turnout and happy the forcasted rain didn't happen.:)

--Lynda

21. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    it was definately a great day. The weather was great, not only did it not rain, but it wasn't cold either. The Parade was great, and the get together afterwards was a blast. The girls had such a good time, and they were pretty darn well behaved. They had so much fun with Kaitlyn. It was great seeing everyone again, along with many new faces. Have to get together more often.

22. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    YJN, and all;

Had a GREAT time, as always. You guys are the consumate hosts.

Sorry for my early departure, but my working nights left me only a couple of hours of sleep the night before, and I was spent, like my counterparts from the great steel city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, who drove through the night to get there in time. (We later power-napped and "did the town" in Niagara Falls last night.) Sorry for those of you who did not get introduced to the Pittsburgh-ers; Tina, Jason and Michelle. My bad. But they did have a great time, all the same, and said they'll visit again!

Steph and Bailey; Sorry for being so distracted! We ARE gonna rap about the new season of "Lost", starting this week! Can't wait for Wednesday!

North-Ridgers: Always great to hang with you guys. See you all soon.

Already looking forward to next year! But why wait? Let's start planning on something somewhere for us to all do again well before a year has passed, okay? Hey, the Holidays always make a great excuse for a FanForce Northeast get-together, eh?

Peace... I'm out!

-- Dean --

PS: Everyone's photo albums look great!

23. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Thankyou guys, I really appreciate your hospitatality,

Everyone was wonderful. And hopefully we can get even more people next year.

Debbie, did the gals at the shelter like my dish I sent them?

oh and to my newest friends from Pennsylvania, go ahead post those incriminating pictures.

Well the censored ones from the restaurant, not the hotel. Who knew that being extremely tired could make someone appreciate a stone floor so much.

24. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    It was nice to see everyone again :)

Thanks Justin for taking over dish drying for bayley so she could drive me to my friend's place. I got there in perfect time.

25. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    thanks for inviting Pittsburgh up to play. We had a great time! hopefully we'll see everyone again soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.