main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Grape and Wine 2008

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by legoman, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    Ok, thanks to TK42Tom, we have a location to use for the parade prep/after party.

84 Henry St. St. Catharines

Date: Sat. September 27
    Time: 9am (11am parade start)- 5pm

TK42Tom has posted a link with a map to the school. Make sure you copy and paste the whole link as clicking on it gives you the wrong location. Remember to get there early as the roads will be closed.

As usual, a potluck dinner will follow the parade. We do not have access to a fridge (at the moment) so we either need to refrain from hot/cold foods, or have them arranged to be brought later. We may also just order several pizzas. Please RSVP ASAP with what foods you will bring. If anyone has coolers we can use for drinks, please bring those as well. We also ask that everyone bring $10 to cover the cost of the school, the cost of food and for a donation to Gillian's Place.

If I have forgotton anything, I will update this post as we go. See everyone on the 27th!

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm not sure if I can stay for the lunch or not, which is fine with me because of my many allergies. Either way though, I'll bring either a bean salad or a jello of some sort.

3. TK42Tom

TK42Tom Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    The link is being stubborn, but here it is, to the mapquest location of Alexandra School in St. Catharines:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Alexandra+Elementary+School&city=St+Catharines&state=ON&address=84+Henry+St&zipcode=L2R+5V4&country=CA&latitude=43.168697&longitude=-79.249305&geocode=ADDRESS

If it doesn't show up properly, the entire link address may need to be copied and pasted into your address bar. :)

4. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    I'd like to plan and make it out again for grape and wine. New costume to boot. I'm canceling some other plans I had this week so I know I have enough money to make it out. I need some socialization with you guys in the very least. Very selfish reasons for sure. :)

5. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    its iffy if I can come out. its not cheap for me anymore to drive. Plus I am moving a few days later.

6. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I ll be there

7. legoman

Jul 14, 2002
    Make sure you copy and paste the link for the map. If you just click on it, it gives you the wrong location.

8. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    I might have a gig that weekend now. Work is work. bah.

9. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    A bunch of us from Rochester are coming

10. TK42Tom

Sep 3, 2008
    Let's see if this link works better:

http://www.canpages.ca/page/ON/st-catharines/district-school-board-of-niagara-elementary-schools-alexandra/3102128.html

11. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I am sorry that I can not attend this year :( ... but just so you know, I have posted this event to the Rebel Legion. I am not sure if anyone will be coming, but now they know, and I hope that next year the Rebels will be there in force! ;)

12. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    You're not coming? :_| We'll miss you for sure! Hopefully there is a little better balance this year, as the rebels were sadly outnumbered last year. I'm still trying to talk my husband into coming with me.

13. TK42Tom

Sep 3, 2008
    I'll probably bring some pinwheel sandwiches.

Isn't that the way it always goes....the rebels are outnumbered, and yet triumph in the end? :)

14. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I don't think anyone from Buffalo is able to make it. Thanks for the invite and hope everyone has fun!!

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    The weather is not looking good, and if it is raining I won't march. My costume is not made for the weather and getting soaked will not help my health anyway.

Has any consideration been made to what we should do in case the weather is nasty?

16. legoman

Jul 14, 2002
    The school is already booked. We may as well use it rain or shine.

17. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I cant make it, sorry.

18. TK42Tom

Sep 3, 2008
    If indeed the forecast is for rain on Saturday (which looks likely), how will this affect those coming in from out of town?

19. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    From what I'm hearing only a chance of a light showeres mid to late afternoon we should be ok for the parade

20. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    If I can march in a downpour with bronchitis, I can show up for light showers when I'm healthy.

21. TK42Tom

Sep 3, 2008
    o_O You marched in a downpour with Bronchitis? That's dedication!

Yea it does look like it'll be nice for the parade.

22. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We're getting ready to leave Rochester now and should be hitting the road a little after 7am.
    We'll be bringing cookies for the pot luck.

~Doc_Bev

23. legoman

Jul 14, 2002
    Thanks to everyone who came out today. We had a great time today, and made a few bucks for Gillian's Place while we were at it. As well, thanks to Tom for getting the school for us (and cleaning it too =D=).

24. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    It was a lot of fun! It's great to see everyone again, since most people I only see on a yearly basis.

25. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Yes thanks for hosting another great event. I had a great time. Great to see everyone again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.