main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Grape and Wine Parade- Saturday, 24 September, 2005

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sabia_Ronit, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    well, just wanted to update you that we wont be going. :(
    I found out its the same weekend as family weekend at my sons college, so naturally we will be going there ;)

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I thought your son was only fourteen. Since when was he in college.

I will miss you Strawbary. it wont be the same without you.

3. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Strawbary, were the 4 coming from Syracuse all with you? Or will anyone else from Syracuse be going, If they are they can meet up with us here in Rochester & we can carpool from here.

4. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    Please refer to the first post on this thread for a list of those planning to attend the event.

If your name is not on this list and should be, or is and shouldn't be, please let me know.

5. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Most likely attending as Lavender Nightgown Padme and hopfully will be bringing my new nephew Elijah (age 7) as Podracer Anikin.

I can bring Caesar salad and a big tray of Rice Krispie Squares.

6. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Hey Justin, Steph..

sorry about this, but Dan and I are not going to be able to attend the parade anymore. Would love to come, but you know what's going on.. just not up for it at the moment. Hope it turns out really well and everyone has a blast. I am going to miss not going..

7. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Sam, we didn't realize that it would interfere with the parade as well. I will let Stephanie know to take you off the list...

8. TC-5986

TC-5986 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Do you want to know about what costumes too to put beside them? Just interested to see what we're looking at this year. For 501st it would be

Graeme - Boba Fett
    Nick - ARC Trooper
    Roy - Vader
    Colin - Stormtrooper
    Kyp - Stormtrooper

We may have a few more wanting to go also.

9. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    Thanks Nick! I'll update the list right away!

10. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hi from Rochester , I'm Definate, & I'll be Generic Jedi #642 My Wife who still is tentitive could be Leia in white & Buns, Leia Ewok Village Dress, or Mara in Black Leather & Purple Cape, I've seen a Mara listed any one plan to wear either Leia dress?

There was also the issue of bringing food over the border , ian an idea we brought up in our board, is there a fund we can contribute too for food after we get there????? Or maybe those of us coming over the border can hit a grocery store to pick up some items after the parade but before the get together. Is there any place like that close between the parade & the afterparty??????

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    there are others from Syraucse coming (sherril actually)

and to answer a beezels question - I also have a son in college, wake up and smell the coffee ;)

I did speak with my son and he'd much rather spend our family weekend together in canada in the parade.... so I guess we're still going!!!!! YAY !!!

I guess I will have to bring u up to speed then beezel ;)

12. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Would 2 Vaders be a problem? I would hate to have to go as a <<gasp>> Jedi.:p

13. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm making a leia costume, and I'm crossing my fingers it'll be done in time for the parade. It's the "classic leia" dress.

14. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I will be there, I know know tommorow for sure.

I don't have a costume per say at the moment but I will still do my best to be there regardless :)

15. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    T-Starflyer,

The $10 donation will go right to food, the other potluck additives are up to those coming. Last year we had people from Rochester bring food and it was no problem. totally up to you guys though :)

Chris, 2 Vaders is fine IMO :)

Bayley, is your Mara retired?

Getting closer, can't wait!!

16. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Id like to attend. Is third Vader welcome? [face_praying]

17. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I think if you have sealed food, from a grocery store, you shouldn't have trouble getting across the border, it's homemade food or open packages that they don't like.

As for me, I'll be Jocasta Nu again, unless I can get enough money together to get the velvet I'd need for a Padme costume.

18. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    3 Vaders, that would be cool, but I would definitely look like the rookie.[face_worried]

Either way, that might be a great photo op!

19. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Well we had 3 Vaders at SFX and no one complained ;)

20. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Besides, as a recognisable character to the general public, you get a lot of chears (or cat-calls, depending on who you are...*sigh*)

21. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I wish I could make it. especially now my mandalorian costume is finished but, I have to work late on friday and be back at work early on saturday. The gits at work wouldn't give me the time off.

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/Karate-Jedi/Goodkneeling.jpg]

It would of been sooo kewl to be with a Boba Fett for the parade.

I hope you all have a great time.

I have to use that tent I bought for this parade 3 years ago and have never got to use it.

Oh well maybe next year.

22. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Call in sick!

23. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I'll be coming as Padme from Episode 3 (the blue nightgown, don't worry Laurie, you won't have to worry about us wearing the same thing!)

24. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    YJN Members,

Please do not forget to post 1) the food that you plan to bring to the potluck, and 2) whether or not you can stay after to help tidy up the hall.

Thanks for your help.

25. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    Directions to Masonic Hall:

The hall is located downtown at 23 Centre Street, on the corner of Court Street (the parking lot is off of Court Street).

Centre Street is approachable from Geneva Street, and St. Paul Street and King Street via Court Street. I'm working on a map of the area now.

If you happen to come after the streets are blocked off you will need to take Welland Ave to Court Street, and follow down to Centre Street, unless you know of a more direct route that you could share with us before we post directions in other groups' forums.

Thanks so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.