main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Grape and Wine Parade- Saturday, 24 September, 2005

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sabia_Ronit, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    cleaning up wont be a problem for me.

I will help as security again.

Besides its fun. Its my way of giving back to you all.

2. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I can't give a definitive answer on cleanup, so I'll just say no. It's an hour home for me and I don't know how tired I'll be.

As for food, put me down for a veggie tray.

3. Jedi_Squire

Jedi_Squire Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Hi guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that unfortunately I will not be able to make the parade. I will be down in St.Kitts that weekend, but I have a physio appointment Saturday morning. Because I am in Mississauga, Saturday mornings are the only time when I can see me physio. I am still really into this "walking" thing I do, so I do have to see him. If my appointment ends early I will try to come down and watch as much of the parade as possible. Hope everyone has a good time.

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Tim, but be sure to come to the lunch after if you can!

5. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I'll be there as a Jedi. As for food, I'm not too sure yet. I'll have to see what I can do within my budget.

I will also be able to help with clean-up.

6. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Jay and Chris, what's the situation with Vaders? Are both of you planning on coming for sure as Vader?
    I just need to know for sure because there are a couple other people that have Vaders that need to know to wear them or not.

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I plan to come as vader, but could also come as thge Royal Guard if needed. My appearance hinges on the baby. He hasn't come yet and may not until the middle of next week.

8. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    as of right now I will most likely go as a jedi, I dont think I will have enough time to finish a new one .....as for 3 vaders I think that would be cool! if I actually could get some help on a project I would love to convert my vader to a dark helmet ;) since I am uh ...oh.... 5'3 LOL

It would be fun for next year to go as Dark helmet:)

9. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I can bring cutlery and plates and glasses

10. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    Thanks Steph!! That will help us out a lot!

11. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    In terms of line-up times, parade marshalling and group registration begins at 9am at Lake Street and Russell Avenue. One group representative will be sent to register and inform the rest of us where to line up.

Please be aware that you will need to be in your costumes and ready to line up by 9AM (and Lake street is a bit of a hike from the Masonic Hall) .

12. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Can someone please tell me how to get to the Mason Hall in a PM in case certain roads are blocked off? I am driving down early sat am and need to be there at 8:45 to change and line up.

13. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We probably won't be getting into St. Catherines until between 9am-9:30am from Rochester, NY. But, the parade doesn't start until 11am right? If we don't get to the staging area until 9:30-10am will this be a big problem?

~Doc_Bev

14. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    The big issue is more the road closures, they happen after 9 and that could pose a problem for you parking and meeting up with us. The sooner you get in is better of course. If you can get everyone here sooner you would be better off, otherwise you will have to park on the East side of Geneva St. and have a hefty walk to and from...

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So you're saying after 9am we can't park at the Masonic Lodge?

I know the parade starts at Lake Street & Russell Ave, but what is the route? That might help me to better understand what streets might be closed by the time we get there.

Last year we just parked on the street somewhere, and I guess we could do that again it will just be more difficult finding spots for all the cars in the caravan.

Will there be a "shuttle" from the Lodge to the Staging area? If not, it looks like we're going to have a hefty walk in either case.

~Doc_Bev

16. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    The walk from the Masonic Hall to Lake street will take approximately ten minutes, maybe a bit longer, depending on where we start from specifically (not to be determined until that morning).

After contacting the Grape and Wine Festival office we have been informed that after 9AM the only possible way to get to the Masonic Hall will be to take Welland Avenue to Court Street (Beside the Giant Tiger plaza). Continue on Court Street, passing through Church Street and King Street until you see the Masonic Hall on your left.

We are heading out right now, but will post a map of the parade route before the end of the day, indicating which roads will be blocked off and where.

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As long as there is a way to reach the hall, I'm not really worried if it's the easiest way. Since I've never been there before, the directions you spelled out will now become the way. :D And from looking at my map - I know exactly where you're talking about so we're all good. I think we're going to have the troopers and their armor park as close to the staging area as possible and then have the more mobile costumers park at the Lodge.

~Doc_Bev

18. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Ok here is a Map of St. Kitts with the parade route drawn out with Red:

[image=http://www.petridish.net/pics/12000/ParadeMap.jpg]

Stephanie says if you will be late your best bet is to get on to Geneva from the QEW. Then follow the little streets to the Blue Block aka the Masonic Lodge.

This shoudl help clear up any problems.

If anyone needs Cell contacts please let us know.

-Justin

19. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Umm the Geneva Street exit is a bit nasty. It just kinda drops about 20 feet or so! ;)

You'll want to take the Lake Street exit if you are coming in from Hamilton/Toronto and the Niagara Street exit if you are coming in from the States.

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Or that...basically though don;t stick around Lake too much or yuo will not move far.

21. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    Thanks JOhn for pointing that out. It seems as though my directions may be a little confusing, but what I meant from "Take Geneva from the QEW" was to take one of the two exits (Lake Street or Niagara Street) and follow the service roads to Geneva. If approaching from Niagara Street exit take the north service road to Geneva street as clearly posted. If approaching from Lake Street exit it is not necessary to go to Geneva stret. Use the map that Justin provided to find a route not affected by road closures from Lake Street to the Masonic Hall.

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yes, the directions I was going to use direct us to use Exit 44/Niagara Street.
    From there we can zig-zag through side streets if necessary to get to the Lodge.

~Doc_Bev

23. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Finally...internet access.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I will be back home for the parade. I should be back in Niagara by Wednesday night (right now I'm in Pickle Lake, ON). And the truck will be back for use in the parade too.

24. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Pickle Lake? My sister used to work at a bar there... actually she worked there for two summers. That's a bit of a trip!

25. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I just found out I can make it Saturday and I will be bringing the mini-droid R5-SG

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.