main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Grape and Wine Parade- Saturday, 24 September, 2005

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sabia_Ronit, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Is parking going to be an issue? Everyone and his brother is going to be looking for free parking close to downtown...

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Parking is taken care of, I wouldn't mind help staning guard but Debby's father has graciously been able to help us block off with tape and pylons, though I would ideally like a few extra pylons.

Being blocked should help all the more to get safe parking.

3. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hi guys! Sorry we won't be making it, but we will try and stop by for a few minutes after. Have a great time and hugsssss to everyone!

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Is everyone set food wise? Is there something we can bring to help out? :)

5. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Anything anyone can bring would be great! We are providing Debby with a rough count today for Beef on a bun...back by popular demand!

6. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Hye Guys, As it stands right now I won't be able to make it to the actual Parade, but I should be able to make it for the party afterwards since Saturday's are usually shorter days for me. I will bring some kind of Pasta Dish maybe?

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I hadn't posted anything until now because that is a working weekend for me, and I used up my vacation time pretty much now, so it looked like I couldn't go.

Well I did manage to arrange something so I can make it for the actual parade part, but probably cannot stay too long at the post parade. Afraid I'm not able to bring any food, but if its any consolation I probably won't have time to eat any either.

So add in one other X-Wing pilot into the mix.

8. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey guys, only a few days away!

I just want to make sure we are prepared and I also want to make sure that no one forgets their 10 dollars towards food and womens place.

Look forward to having you all there!

-Justin

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I am getting very excited. Can't wait. Sucks its only once a year I get to see most of you all. I remember faces but never names really. It was, and still remains the largest gathering of costumed fans I have been with. It will be my third year and hopefully not the last. Its official I will be Endor Han this year. See you all Saturday morning.

10. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    I can't seem to get out of going to this wedding, so I won't actually be there for the parade. I will try to drop by when and if I get home in time.

Have fun!!!

And don't burn down the hall. My dad will kill me.

11. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    who is driving the truck?

You guys dont need a truck do you.

I can get one with a cap though.

Its auto

12. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey Guys!

We looked through the list of whos bringing what and we noticed no one is bringing some pop or drinks. Can anyone chip in for this? We are bring Water for the parade itself, but we are shotr on lunch drinks.

13. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We'll run out to the store tonight and pick up a variety of 2-litre sodas. We'll bring along some plastic cups too.

~Doc_Bev

14. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Chris is driving the truck. No need to worry about that.

Hope you have good weather.

15. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I was curious if you guys knew if FRS (and/or GMRS) radios were ok for use during the parade... I know that a few of the troopers down in the states use them - and that we will have them for the first part of the caravan ride. (ok - so I'm a bit late to be posting this and hope for a response...)

I know that some channels are restricted in Canada via FCC guidelines:
    So long as we avoid those frequencies - I assume (hope?) that useage is fine.

I didn't know if any of the marchers had experience or knowledge.

16. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I don't think its a big deal, as long as you stay away from those frequencies you should be fine. Heck I wasn't even aware of those rules.

Christian, just so you know Roy has his Vader here, if you want to wear your other suit it's up to you :)

See you guys in the morning!

17. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    We will have FRS if need be, set the channel to 5/1 if you can!

Thanks for bringing Soda's Nicky! Pop is good too ;)

18. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    *sigh*... have fun everyone!... and lots of pics!...

19. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    :p
    I wondered is someone would comment on that!
    [face_laugh]

See you guys in a few hours!

~Doc_Bev

20. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Have fun everyone. Sorry we couldn't make it, but Xander didn't come home until yesterday and we are a little winded from the exciting week we had.

21. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    I would say you have a reasonable excuse for missing this year. Maybe next year Xander can be a part of the fun too!

The day was a huge success! The weather was awesome, the turn-out was great and the crowds loved us, as usual ;) .

Our post-parade gathering also went over well and we were able to make a considerable donation to Women's Place (still waiting on the total).

I am glad that everyone was able to make it, and for the most part arrived on time.
    Hope to see you all again nest year!

22. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Once again, I had a great time coming up for this. Thanks for having us. We could not ask for a better day. That lodge was perfect.

23. speederScout

speederScout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Hey Everybody from a spectators view you guys looked awesome, surreal would be a better word. My kids loved it and especially loved going to the hall and seeing everyone together in costume. Congratulations on such a great turnout. Hopefully next year I'll be in there with you.
    Thanks again Chris, looks like the lenses will fit nicely.

24. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Marcel its ok maybe next year you will be able to dress up and walk with us! Glad your children liked the costumes as well! We had a great variety this year!

We had a great time and were so glad everyone could come out and enjoy a great time with us!

Stephanie has uploaded a few pictures here: http://www.petridish.net/albumview.asp?a=22694

Look forward to everyone elses...especially Knightshades and his SuperCamera!

25. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Thanks for having us up, it was fun, and I like getting together with you guys...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.