main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Grape and Wine Parade!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Primrodo, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey Everyone!

The 54th Annual Grape & Wine Festival Grande Parade is being held on Saturday, 24 September, and again Young Jedi Niagara will be in the parade and of course all the regional chapters of Fanforce, the 501st and the Rebel Legion are invited to join us!

Last year we had an impressive turnout and we hope for an even better one this year!

This years theme is ?Musical Moments to Remember?

More details will follow but here is a heads up:

Saturday, 24 September, 2005 from 8:00 AM until whenever.
    Parade start is 11:00 am, depending on where we are in the parade we are usually finished by around 1:00 pm
    Cost: $10

The fee is to cover the rental of our set up area, but we are unsure whether we are using the school again for gathering/changing/eating. We will be providing food and drink. Any "profit" will go directly to our charity, Women's Place St. Catharines, along with unused food.

More details are to come including hotel information, crash space information, detailed directions and the like. What we need right now is a basic head count of who is interested.

Please PM me or Sabia_Ronit with any questions.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade and I plan to attend.
    KnightShade will be Chewbacca and I will be either a Jedi or a photographer.

~Doc_Bev

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I'd like to be listed as tentative..
    I'll either be walkin as a Jawa or picking up the photography for Doc_Bev

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I was just thinking how the theme of this year's parade is Musical Moments to Remember... Star Wars has so many great musical moments - it should be easy to fit right in with that theme.

~Doc_Bev

5. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'm tenative as well. Not sure what I'll be wearing, it may depend grately on the weather. Possibly Boushh....

6. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Curious, has there always been a fee to march in the parade? I guess it works sout if food & shelter are included, just curious, Count us as tentative.

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As far as I know YJN has always worked it that everyone marching would pitch in to help cover the costs of the changing facility and food/drinks that people can have after the parade. We didn't pay last year as we didn't really march in the parade or eat any of their food.

~Doc_Bev

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Solo is going to have to be a maybe this year. I would hate to miss one, but my current job is on Sat. and I have no vacation. I could be getting a new one before then though. We shall see.

9. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    ihope to go if i get the finances

10. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    MadKid is in... in the usual get up. Though after looking at literally thousands of C3 pix over the past few days, I'm tempted to do something different... maybe revisting my old Luke Skywalker costuming days...

BTW: Do any of our local folks have a sewing machine and a seam-cutter/thread-puller thingee? I gotta fix my Ani-tunic. Those shoulders on it just hang too far off and down, and I've decided it needs to be fixed. Wellsville is just too far away to visit the Seamstress-Emeritus in our group for alterations...

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I have a little seam ripper/thread puller tool and a sewing machine, but I only know how to use the former not the latter. [face_blush]
    Although KnightShade's used it - so I know it works.

~Doc_Bev

12. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    LOL

You know, my sewing machine is portable so I could visit some weekend and help out with mods and mending. Rebellion sewing day! ;)

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Wait...I'm...I'm having a vision...yes...its Perception...Its my natural Sith BS abilities yes...

I see...Nicki, Darren, Myself, Dean, Katie...
    I see anyone else who wants to come....

I see it some Saturday where the sewing can be done in one room...
    And I see mold making in another...

My god its finally happening..
    I'm becoming omnipotent! [face_devil]

Sorry, in a weird mood. Brains fried from work.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sounds like a plan to me!
    Let's move this tangent to this thread...

~Doc_Bev

15. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I'm leaning towards No, on this event, I can't see me paying $10 to drive to Canada to walk 5 miles in plastic. Parades Kinda suck IMHO.

Duane

16. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Duane :( I love the parades!

Thanks for all the replies guys!

The $10 is for food and changing facilities and of course any extra goes right to Women's Place, the local women's shelter.

You don't have to match the theme unless you really want to...most won't of course :)

Bev, can't wait to see you guys again, Chewy is always a hit...I think him and R2 should be wayyyy back to hold excitement...and allow us to get soem attention ;) How does a photographer dress up though? lol

Hope to see you all!

17. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Oh no. You said the magic words costume making party. Look out, Katies coming with her sewing machine. Yippie Hurray.

My evil plan- Must clone Katie and keep one up here as Official Rebellion costume making slave. Daily trips to Jo Anns, up all hours of the night, revisions, revisions, revisions. It would be excellent.

18. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey guys!

Just an update on whats going on!

Firstly, we are changing the location of the meetup from last year. We will have directions and such, but many will be happy to hear that though its further from the parade start its VERY close to the parade end.

Secondly, we are doing the pot luck again so feel free to bring some food!

Lastly we will need a rough head count soon for getting the infamous beef and bun thats been very well recieved in years past.

Getting closer and I hope you all are just as excited as we are!

-Justin

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    *moving head count list to next page*

~Doc_Bev

20. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I also think Lyn (SPCA girl ;) ) is going to try and attend...we'll be working on putting together a costume for her soon.

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    So shes decided to join the flock eh?
    Well I dont think another girl from Wellsville will hurt. :)

22. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Sounds like a lot of fun... grapes, wine, parades, chewie :)

Count me in.
    Mike

23. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001

Yeah Grape and Wine Parade is cool cause you got the different chapters coming together, all the different costumes, and the kids as well. I love seeing the kids have fun and in costume. I am usually jealous of some of the kids costumes. There was a Pod Racer Anakin last year that was really cool. It?s the largest gathering of costume fans, or any SW fans for that matter I have been at I think out side a theater. It always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside or what ever after everyone is in costume and just standing around waiting to go. Hopefully the attendance will be just as strong as it has been in the past, if not more so.
    Well there is a vacation Black Out Date for Back To school season at target. That means no days off for anyone until a certain date in Sept. If I can I will probably take it off with out pay If I can. I will have to check the day. So unless its before the 24th or I get another job that is not on Sat. by then, I will be missing it.

24. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    Put me in for tentative, it depends on my schedule for other stuff. I'll let you know as soon as I know. Costume... it depends on what I can repair or dig out of a box, or sew together... you know me, a little crazy...

25. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Wingnut -

For some reason, she thought we were all a lot of fun and had a great time with us.

Go figure... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.