main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Grape and Wine Parade!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Primrodo, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah if there crazy as Hothgirl, bring em on. Wellsville Chics are cool :p

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Crazy? I was once crazy...

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Just bumping this up to get those headcounts going!

Thanks guys!

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I am there. Got the weekend off from work. My new Dark Green Saturn Rebel Transports ready for the drive up.

5. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Tomi-Wan StarFlyer is a definate Dar Solo is Tentative

6. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade and I are still planning to attend (maybe on the little padawan).

~Doc_Bev

7. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Bah! Just talked to Lyn. She has to fill in at work that weekend, so she won't be able to make it.

However, she is going to try and accompany me for the DVD release. We'll have plenty of time to get her costume done, and hopefully my new one, by then. :D

8. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    brobably won't make the festival.but plan on me for dvd and holloween. and ps hothgirl your still crazy!!!!!

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK let's get together a Rebellion head count for Primodo...

*moved list to page 3*

For those without costumes - don't count yourself out yet! There's still 2 weeks before the parade in which to put together a nice costume. Plus there is the need for a few non-costumers to take pictures, help with costume malfunctions, keep everyone hydrated and cheerlead.

Also considered gas prices, I'd like to get a real carpool system set-up. So we need to firm up these tentatives. Also people post how long you're interested in staying after the parade so we can coordinate who should ride with whom.

~Doc_Bev

10. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I'll volunteer the Thundertank for a group ride.
    I seat 4.
    I'll prolly do the water/cheerlead/picture duty since Jama is still..well...yeah.

I dont know how long I'd be interested in staying after really.

I think our meetup point for this event would prolly be something further to the west of the city.
    Gates Tinseltown, Topps, Chili Center Wegmans or KMart is right on the way along 490 West and that will take us as far west as we can go before we hit I-90.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    The Avalon will be going back and forth as I'm assuming we'll be bringing Connor with us. We should be able to fit 2 passengers and/or folks costumes. I think the Tinseltown parking lot sounds like a good place to meet up.

~Doc_Bev

12. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I agree it's easy on & off of 490 & we acn take that to the leroy thruway exit

13. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    A little goof there. I am a definate actually. As I said above I got the weekend off and my new car is good to go.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sorry must have missed your post. List is updated.

~Doc_Bev

15. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I'm there as well.

I pmed Sabia_Ronit already to let her know.

16. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    It's probably safe to say that Diane and Bill will not be participating in this.

I'm still a little confused about the details. When do we have to be where? What time does the parade start and end? When would our group be leaving for Niagara? How long is the parade route and what is it like - is it comparable to the Lilac Parade or longer, hilly, etc? Is there a place to change or will we be going over the border in costume? There's a lunch afterwards, right? I thought I read that it's $10 per person and you have to bring a dish to pass, correct? What costumes do they already have? I'm just trying to figure out whether I want to go, can go, should go, and all that. Perhaps, Diane could check in on the dogs. However, Mara's boots gave me many blisters after the Lilac Festival Parade even though they had never given me any problems before, and I'm not sure how Leia's new white boots will be. Plus, who knows how the weather will be in late September.

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As Primodo mentioned in his initial post, the parade starts at 11AM and ends around 1PM. Meet-up time for marchers is 8AM. Although, I think that 3 hours includes changing time so if you can come mostly dressed then I don't think we have to be in St. Catharines that early. It's about a 2 hour drive so I was tentatively planning on departing from Rochester around 7AM.

This is a huge parade, easily twice as big as the Lilac Parade. I don't remember the actual distance, but it seemed very long - and as Primodo stated it is about 2 hours long. The terrain seemed quite flat throughout the parade if I remember correctly.

As Primodo mentioned the $10 fee is to cover the changing facility rental (Masonic Lodge) and food. So yes there is a changing facility I'm not sure that he's posted the exact address on our boards yet. I will probably be driving in most of my costume myself so I don't have to worry about changing when we get there.

There is a lunch following the parade. The cost is $10 a person, however a dish to pass is not required. Bringing store bought food is recommended over homemade dishes.

The main sign-up list is located on YJN boards. Costumes are listed when they are known.

Hope that answers most of your questions.

~Doc_Bev

18. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Katie are you going to drive up to Rochester and dump your car at T-Town like everyone else or are you going to meet us up there?

19. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    Hey, all.

I definately can't go, which is a bummer- I love parades. Hopefully I'll catch up with everyone soon!!

20. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    As it stands right now, SWFreak offered me a ride since I drove us there last year. :p

So I'm planning on driving in and leaving my car somewhere. Not sure whether or not I'm coming in Friday night or early Saturday morning though.

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I know I've got Dean in my car.
    Maybe Mike?

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    HothGirl you're welcome to use our spare bed upstairs if you want to come up Friday night.

~Doc_Bev

23. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    Pending some more details, Im in for this event.

But I don't think my Aging van could handle the trip, We (Akayeon & Myself), would need transport. ^^

But, sounds like fun

24. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I've got room in my trunk for two bins.
    I think Tom and Dar are coming(?) and they might be bringing a van.
    Jeffs got his ride. Darren and Nicki will probably be full with Chewie and Connor.

25. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Thanks Doc! I appreciate it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.