Roch, NY Grape and Wine Parade!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Primrodo, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo Force Ghost

star 4
    Updated the list on our boards, thanks Nicky!
  2. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea a ride won't be a problem for anyone, we'll get all who wants too go, there some how
  3. Primrodo Force Ghost

star 4
    hey guys, I have a father and 7 year old son looking for spare costumes...Anyone have anything they could use?
  4. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    unless he wants to wear a dress 8-} we've nothin:p
  5. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, we don't have an extra costume either I'm afraid...

Although I'm sure we'll be doing the car pool/carvan thing - here's the address to where we need to meet before the parade: 23 Centre Street in Saint Catharines, ON. It's on the corner of Court Street (the parking lot is off of Court Street. Centre Street is approachable from Geneva Street, and St. Paul Street and King Street via Court Street. I was trying to link to a map, but mapquest isn't finding streets well in St. Catharines, mapppoint seems to be down and I can't get to mapblast either. :confused: I'll have to try again another day when those sites are up.

We should still be able to get to the meeting location/Masonic Lodge even after some of the streets are blocked off, so I'm not sure that we need to get there at 8AM.

~Doc_Bev
  6. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, streets being blocked off were a problem last year....as was traffic when you got going in the wrong direction. Not fun.

We just need to get there with enough time to change and walk to the starting point since I know I can't put my armor on in the car or assemble my pike (once it returns from its vacation down south).
  7. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *moved to final details thread*

Let me know if there are any corrections to the list.

~Doc_Bev
  8. Primrodo Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys! Thank you for the updated head count. If we can get that finalized that would be great so that we can set up food stuffs and make sure we have room.

Directions are as posted, if you need additional help or Cell Phone contacts please PM me or Sabia_Ronit and we wil get you our cell number.

The plan is to be all ready to go at 9 and in spot.

I hope everyone is excited!

Also is sleeping arangements are needed Friday night let me know!
  9. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Actually... I might. And possibly for both.

I have a size 5 brand-spanking new martial arts ghi that I bought around the time of the RotS premiere, and the shop doesn't take returns, so I got stuck with it. It's black, so it's befitting anyone who wants to be a dark Jedi or Sith, so long as they've got pants, boots, under(tunic)shirt, belt and whatever other accessories they want to trick out the costume. Oh! And I've a black hooded cloak (not a robe) to go with it, too,... almost forgot that.

For the boy, I've got a slightly faded now-sleeveless ghi that I used to wear as the top to my Luke Skywalker RotJ outfit. It's too small for me now, but I think it would fit a youth nicely. Add black pants, boots, undertunic, a simple belt and the proper lightsaber, and viola'! Instant Jedi Luke! I've even got an extra Hasbro Luke RotJ saber 'round here somewhere.... I think...

Of course, this is if it's not too late to offer these folks outfits. Could be too little too late. And besides, given that I'd be one of multiple Anakins, I'm thinking of resurrecting my Qui-Gon look, with wig and all!! I just think that it's time to dust off my Larbel Qui-Gon saber, and troop with that again! I could also do my own variation, or "EU" version of Anakin; a Sithy, but not crispy or armored "what-if" Sith Lord. Y'know, what if he hadn't gotten maimed or burned, though still turned? I like the idea, though I doubt the parade-goers would get it. But I think I'll leave the "other character" decision to the group... what do you guys think? Ani or another?

Well, I'm awaiting feedback. Post or PM your thoughts, and Justin; I'm close to getting those funds into my PayPal account... I'll PM you (soon) with more...
  10. Primrodo Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, I haven't heard back from them but bring anything extra you have, just in case :)

Thanks Dean!

As for Multiple Anakins, we will have multiple Vaders ;)
  11. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    MadKidJedi - I think whatever you feel most comfortable wearing/marching in would be fine. There's no reason why there can't be multiple Anakins. If we position one of you on one side of the street and the other facing the other side, people probably won't even notice that there are two of you.

All - I encourage all of you that are thinking of marching in the parade to attend Sunday's meeting and/or get your questions posted to the boards here to be answered.

For those looking to carpool/caravan to the parade, the meeting spot is Tinseltown's parking lot at 7am.

Please note that the Masonic Lodge where we are parking and getting changed is about a 1 mile walk from where the start of the parade is. Keep this in mind when choosing how much of your costume you "pre-assemble" and what shoes you choose to wear. I don't think they have a shuttle set-up to take people from the Lodge to the Staging area. And, even if they do - it will probably already have gone by the time we get to town. We will have at least 1.5 hours to kill once we get to the staging area so that should be plenty of time to finish suiting up before the parade kicks off at 11am. There will also be a truck "marching" with us in the parade where you could stash a change of shoes or in KnightShade's case - his Chewie bin.

~Doc_Bev
  12. Ayka Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sadly, I will be Unable to make it to the Grape & Wine this year, some things have come up at work, and I'll be working a 6-Day work week next week. It sucks, but hopefully the extra cash and such will help out more in the long run. Im trying frantically to find someone to take my shift, but as I have to look to other stores for people, its not looking good at all. =/ I'll keep people updated.
  13. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :( Sorry to hear that Ayka.

Here's a link to a map of the parade route. There is also a blue square on the map that shows where the Masonic Lodge is.

I'll have directions printed out and ready at Tinseltown for all the cars in the caravan.

~Doc_Bev
  14. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just trying to figure out car loads...

Avalon
    KnightShade
    Doc_Bev
    Connor
    Passenger and/or armor?
    Chewie
    Connor-mobile

Thundertank
    RSWingnut
    MadKidJedi?

Saturn
    SWF-JPB
    HothGirl
    Boushh

TX4277 & T_StarFlyer I'm not sure which cars you want to ride in, but we'll have one space in the Avalon and there's room in both of the other cars as well.

However, I'm not sure how long after the parade people are wanting to stay so that might also determine which cars are loaded up with which people. At the moment, I'm planning on leaving St. Catherines sometime between 5pm-7pm as I want to be able to hit a Jo-Ann's before they close as there's a special 1-day sale. :D

~Doc_Bev
  15. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    I 'd rather not leave too early as i'd like to be able to hang out a bit & meet some new people. That being said I don't really wish to drive , so I guess I'd ride with who ever dosent want to leave too too early.
  16. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    My only thing is that I have a golf tournament (god help me) the next day at 10am so as long as I'm in bed by 3am I dont care. I'm staying and enjoying Canada as long as I can.

Plenty O' Room in the Thundertank!
  17. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I almost think we only had the building until five pm last year...of course that was a different building but still.

I don't want to be there real late because I have a two hour drive home after I get back to Rochester.

<boo hiss>
  18. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    we'll be heading up sat morning as well, do u mind if we follow your caravan up? :)
  19. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    How would we swing that though?
    We could link up at the first rest stop AFTER Leroy.....
    Hmmm...

Oh and kiddies, Wingnut is not leading this caravan
    I know Livonia. I dont know St. Catherines. :)
  20. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Last year SWFreak and I found it okay, it was getting back that was the problem. [face_blush]

21. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Strawbary - what time were you thinking of leaving Syracuse?
    The caravan's leaving Rochester between 7am-7:30am. Hopefully no later than 7:15am.

The Clarence Travel Plaza between exits 48A & 49 would be the most convenient one to hook up at I think. We would theoretically be at that point between 7:50am-8:05am. Might be a nice time to pick up some BK breakfast!

And, don't worry Wingnut - I have no issues leading a caravan. It's the remembering to go slow enough so that I don't leave people behind that I sometimes have problems with. :D

EDIT: Another TK (Adam Rosen) will be joining us. He's going to need room for himself and his bin in someones car. Also he's requesting help in getting his armor fixed up as it's not in marchable condition at the moment.

EDIT (again): Don't forget to bring $10 (US or CDN) with you for the dinner after the parade.

~Doc_Bev
  22. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    we were going to leave here at 5 am so we should be at where ever we need to be by 7 easy :) if its going to be a hassle its ok we can find our way ;) thats what mapquest is for :p

If its something we can swing let me know :)
  23. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah both of us thought that the other was paying attention when we left the parking lot, but neither of us really were. We were lost and clueless and a friendly couple lead us back to where we wanted to go, to get home.

HothGirl- Are you coming up Friday night or Sat. morning? Are we going to leave from my place? If possible I would not mind leaving earlier. As long as we know where we are going. I guess we need that map. I hate being so rushed when we get up there and everyone is allready gone and stuff.
  24. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    SWFreak - Not sure yet what I'm doing. I was actually going to reply to your pm about that.

Are you in the same place as last year? I thought you moved but things are foggy in my brain...let me know!
  25. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Strawbary - We're going to be meeting in the Tinseltown movie theatre parking lot at 7am. You can mapquest 2291 Buffalo Road, Rochester, NY 14624 to get directions to it from your location. You're more than welcome to join us there!

SWF-JPB - If you meet with the rest of the caravan at Tinseltown at 7am then I will be handing out maps to all the drivers. If not, here is the map of the parade route and you can use mapquest.com to get directions to St. Catherines.

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.