main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON *** Grape & Wine Festival Grande Parade ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    JediAgent and Jedi-Nitess,

email sent to the addy stated.

2. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    According to CNN weather for Sat should be a high of 16 (61 to the Americans coming) and sunny.

(crosses fingers)

3. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Great to hear we'll have some pleasant weather for the Parade. It has been nice every year, and I even got sunburn in my Han costume!

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Aw man, I wanted COLD, COOOLD...those who wear the Jedi robes know why....

5. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I was hoping for cold too. For those of you that don't know, i'm going as chewie.

6. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Remember to bring your swim suits...we are going to have the Bar-B-Q at my parents house and there is a pool.

7. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Chris...

Lynn and I are going to need a ride to your parents after , and Hubby will need directions and some kind of time frame so he can meet up with us after. He can be there in the morning to help out anyone who needs it though. :)

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    We need a wagon!!

If somebody can bring a wagon for the parade, please let us know ASAP.

We need it for one of the Syracuse people, and want to use it sport a DMZ Paintball logo as well to thank Jerry for his support again.

9. legoman

Jul 14, 2002
    I have a wagon we can use. I will bring it to the Ring's on Fri. night. Just out of curiosity, what do the Syracuse people need it for?

10. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    One of the people coming in from Syracuse is bringing her 4 year old daughter, and is too young to walk the parade, but if she sat in a wagon or stroller its OK.

So I figure a wagon is the most useful, its roomier, and has a spot to give Jerry a free plug. Graeme, can you print his logo off again like last year?

11. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Bayley and I were actually talking about a wagon, lol! Although more designed liek a space ship....:)

12. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Just a suggestion...

You may want to pack a small lunch for yourself.

We wont be getting to my parents til 3ish so you may want lunch at some point in time.

Remember to bring water!!!!!!!!! for in the parade.

13. legoman

Jul 14, 2002
    Don't worry. Water is one thing I can't afford to forget.

14. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    For Kevin and Andrew:
    If possible, please bring a pillow. When my brothers left for university, they took a lot. I just need to ensure I have just enough to spare for the others.

15. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    For Stef and Leigh:

I need a minimum of 30 minutes to do each of your hair. I also have other things to do when we get to the Rings (like Eryns armour, Mallory's leg wraps etc), so if one of you could be there earlier, say 8:00-8:30 that would be great and save panicking. Please post here when you will arrive at the Rings. Thanks!

16. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Crash Space Update:

People expected are Justin and Debby from London, Dan from Toronto and one person from Syracuse.

Steph Cooper has said that if Debby wants to crash with her and Leigh it should be OK, that will keep all the university gals together, and save the Ring home as a Guys Zone.

The London crew I expect to be here before 8 (Bayley meets their bus in Hamilton for 7)

I'm going to get the info on the Syracuse person ASAP and update this message.

17. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm kicking Kat out and giving her bed to Debby.

Ok, well, actually Kat's going home for the weekend and agreed to let Debby use her bed.

18. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    So aside from Kevin and Andrew M., who is staying at my place? Justin and someone else?

19. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    TRAIN STATION? Bayley we're going to the Greyhound Station!

20. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Stef:

(in regards to Laurie's post)

Leigh wanted to come last for hair but since you have to come from Grimsby you can come last if you want

21. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    Ok, guys, I know I told some people that I might be able to make it however....

As stupid and busy as I've been this past week, I forgot to ask my parents if I could get down there, (and I know that my mom's working, and my dad won't want to get up early and drive me) and I'm going out tonight (youth group). I'm sorry guys, but it seems like I can't come tomorrow.

22. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    When will I show up...

I always hate to post guarentees on when I'll be able to arrive somewhere because I ALWAYS end up being late when I do that. It runs in the family. Genetic defect or something.

I'd prefer to not get my hair done first for 2 reasons. One's because I have to try and get my hair to look pulled back before I leave here tomorrow, which really is no small feat. My hair likes to stand straight up a lot more than it likes to lay down flat. And the other is because those extensions were pretty heavy when I had them on before, and I'm worried that after enough time, they're just going to fall right out because I don't exactly have a lot of hair for the bobby pins to hold on to.

But if I have no choice, I have no choice. If I don't hear from anyone by midnight tonight, I'll assume I have to show up at 8:30.

23. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for having me & Katie up for your parade. We had a blast and it was great to meet all of you. Hopefully we can all get together in the future sometime. Also, if anyone took pictures and wouldn't mind sharing them with us, we would greatly appreciate it. Sending them via e-mail to ryan@ryanjones.net would be preferable. We took some pics so if you would like them, let me know to what e-mail addy you would like them sent to. Thank you again for all your hospitality & I hope to see you all soon!

--Ryan

24. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    Heads up for anybody who has cable.
    Channel 10 (Cogeco), at 3pm and 9pm, the Parade will be showen.
    I saw it breifly. We are near the end of the parade. I taped the whole parade. For anybody who would like a copy, please e-mail me (Cranie_Amidala@hotmail.com).

EDIT: Unfortuntaly they don't show much of us. (That's Cogeco for you.) Some are showen better then others.

25. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    I also got the tail end of the parade featuring us. They didn't really show much of our banner, though :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.