main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Grape & Wine Parade

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Yebbed-Crage, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Thanks Justin & Steph!!

Crystall and Chris have also offered to help, as well as myself. I just have to leave at some point to get some food.

How many kids are we talking about here??

2. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Two Girls for us... 4 and 5... :D naturally they are little Angles... *snicker*

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    90 degree angles!

4. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    Of course I'll watch your girls...
    I will not be in costume this year, so I'm definitely available to watch the little ones during the parade.

My 11 year old brother is going to be marching as young Anakin, but seeing as how he looks younger than 11 I should probably make sure he has proof of age in one of his pouches. :rolleyes:

5. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005

If wanted, I could add my Darcy puppy to the mix of children to babysit. (Small dog, 8 pounds, gets along well with anyone and everyone, so no worries about even trying to bite. She doesn't even know how).

Nick, is it possible to stick Brian in a Tuscan Raider costume of yours? Otherwise he's coming along with Cargo shorts and a Star Wars t-shirt to help out in the parade. He's not really good with children, so sitting them wouldn't be so good an idea.

Are we still doing Potluck? Or is it just beef on a bun? Any allergies I need to watch out for if I bake anything?

6. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    A Dog?

Do you not think it would be a good idea to leave the dog at home? I don't think my father-in-law would/will give the ok to have a dog running around in the mason hall anyway.

7. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I am not sure about anyone else, but I know there is one person who has a major allergy to Pepper! so no pepper if it can be avoided. And if anyone puts pepper in any recipe, make sure to let everyone know that!

8. assetic

Sep 5, 2005
    Okay, no Pepper and no puppys.

9. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    and no puppies named Pepper.

And no Sgt Pepper albums, and no Angie Dickinson (she played a cop named Pepper), How about Dr Pepper? What about a vet, he would be Dr Puppy!

How about John go to bed soon because he is much much too silly.

10. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    thanks Sam! I was coming here to say that.

And we'll also be bringing some different food items with us...
    probably rice crispy squares and some main course dish.

11. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    Dom and I have decided to come to St Catharines and march in the parade. Sorry about responding at the last minute. I will wear my Princess Leia costume (A New Hope) and Dom will wear his Rebel Pilot costume. I will make something for the pot luck after the parade. (Probably green salad and a dessert.)

--Lynda

12. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I just got a call from one of the marchers coming up from Garrison Excelsior.
    He's offering for parade use his (well, his father's but he has permission) big 2006 black truck.
    If you folks are interested (and it isn't too late to get permission from the parade officials) let me know so I can let him know.

~Doc_Bev

13. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Too late, by almost a month.
    There is also the added insurance issue oa $2 million in the parades name (see rules) that you don't have.

14. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I wonder if that newspaper would be interested in interviewing some out-of-towners on the day of the parade to ask their point of view?

I'm not staying for lunch, so you don't need to know my long list of allergies. I have to get back to London as soon as possible on Saturday.

See you guys then!

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    BTW the weather is looking great. Sunny and a high of around 19.

16. TC-5986

TC-5986 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Good news, I will be unveiling my new costume tomorrow (pending any disasters tonight)!

Spoken for, I'm afraid. Andrew's girlfriend will be wearing it if I remember correctly.

17. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    You guys looked great out there when you were in front of my little shop. Nick, (great armour dude)

The crowd (consisting of a bunch of drunks with kids that looked like they just walked there from the trailer park)...yells out...hey i didn't see a guy with a back pack in the movies. Not...."wow look at the cool costumes"

My store front was litered with beer bottles, cigarette butts and garbage. i feel like sending a letter to the standard...seeing as much of the garbage was their free newspapers they were giving out as well

and the language....I know I swear from time to time...but there is a place for it and not around a bunch of kids at a parade...these "parents" were smoking drinking and cursing up a storm...and that was just the women.

Parade was less than an hour long.

And I ask....why does the city still do this event? Like I mentioned before it is getting smaller and smaller each year...part of it I am sure was to do with their harsh outlines.

my 2 cents.

18. Barker23

Barker23 Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2007
    Just a note to let you all know, you guys rocked the parade! My 8 year old son is a huge Star Wars fan, and he really digs all your costumes. We were on the bus to the parade route and saw a bunch of you walking down Welland avenue, and you should have seen his face. He was pressed right up against the window, taking it all in, and all he could say was . . . "cool". And after the parade, the only thing he talked about was the Tuskens, and the battle-scarred Stormtrooper . . .

Thansk for all your efforts, and here's hoping you still support this rinky-dink little parade, despite their talk of tighter formations and better costumes, all that nonsense.

He was right. "Cool."

19. TC-5986

TC-5986 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    This is why we do it :) A couple of us are trying to arrange a little event with stormtroopers and other costumed characters at the Ontario St. Value Village sometime in October (nothing confirmed yet), so hopefully he can have a chance to meet some of us up close!

And Jerry, thanks. It was the result of a solid week of non stop work, and I have Graeme and Roy and Darren to thank for the suit itself. It is a shame that the officials rejected so many groups that were present in years past, and I do hope that we can continue marching for several more years to come.

At any rate, big thanks to every one who came out to march and to assist. Hope you're feeling better Jay.

20. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks Nick......I'm feeling fine now minus the blisters
    I had a good time and was happy to see you all again!!!!
    and hope that we will be marching for years to come.

Nick Id like to attend your event let me know ............

21. assetic

Sep 5, 2005
    Hey Jay, hope you're doing alright! I heard that you had to check out of the parade for a bit because of the heat.

Had a blast coming back to G&W again this year. My feet are feeling super sore though. It was fantastic finally actually meet your Erin!

Hope see you all again soon.

22. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Was a lot of fun as usual. Thanks Chris and Debbie. Was great seeing you guys again. And Deb.. we really do need to get together more hehe!

23. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    Yes, thank you Chris and Debby for organizing this and hosting us all at the Masonic Hall. Dom and I had a great time. It was wonderful to to see everyone again.

--Lynda

24. TC-5986

TC-5986 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Anyone get any photos? All I know is we looked great from the back.

25. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Thanks everyone. It was great coming up to do this again and seeing you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.