DFW, TX Grapevine Convention Discussion

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthCynthia, Jun 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    June 15th and 16th (Friday and Saturday).

Chris and I will be there Saturday, but not for the whole day (I have a family medical thing Friday so I can't go that day).. I've been wanting to buy some SW stuff so I'll be wandering around most of the show.

I think it was mentioned at the meeting that we should discuss the two shows coming up, here on the board. We can discuss Grapevine here if needed and open another thread for Shreveport. Since I'm not attending that show, I didn't start one for it.

Are we doing a table or should we bother? Didn't really sound like many of us would be at Grapevine. Maybe we could just have some flyers to put on the table etc, this time?
  2. THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I dont know if I'[ll make it on Friday..I'm trying to get my Van fixed Thur-Fri. My intentions are to go both days if I can make it. I'll have more of a reason to hang around if we have a table. If the dealers are weak, I usually get bored quickly. I do want to meet Peter again, and the other guests. :D

3. DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yeah, I wanted to meet the guests, too but I have been putting off buying stuff I've been wanting (toys.. LOL) and trying to get stuff moving on my costume. So I'm thinking I'll probably skip the guests again this time :( Bummer.. ah well. That would be cool if we could get a table out there.. unfortunately I can't be of much help this time (darnit).
  4. Marababe Jedi Youngling

star 1
    My question is if you want us to come help with the table, what time should we be there?
    At the last Expo in Plano, I got there before it opened to the public and just walk in without paying. I thought this was alright, because I was not staying, just dropping off some copy stuff. So let me know what time. I can be there in the morning to whenever.:)

Bev
  5. old-master Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hello!

I am old-master and I am new to the Force.net's fanforce! I wanted to get hooked into the system of our local chapter. What we are doing and so on. If someone from the chapter could e-mail @ foldsect@hotmail.com, I would be greatful.

No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!

The old-master has spoken.......
  6. m0rpheus Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Rob will be posting details this evening, with instructions for all concerning the GV show. I'm assuming that everyone who is posting here is willing to work as the EVENT support team for this show? We'll need a definate head count on this by Thursday. So chime in.
  7. DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Eric, Chris and I may not be able to do much more than take care of some purchases, say hi and then leave (I'm not even going to do the guest thing).. my sister in law will be recovering from a bronchoscopy from that Friday - she may even be well enough to go to the convention (she'd wanted to when I told her about it before this medical thing was scheduled) but only for a short while - she might be out of it a little still. I'm sure the family would want us to try to hang out with them a little this Saturday. I felt kinda bad at first about even going to the convention, but I'd been planning on attending since I first heard about it so I am going at least for a short while. I don't know if we'll be of any help (this wasn't planned.. the bronch got rescheduled - it was supposed to be two weeks ago, that's why it somewhat took me by surprise - I had wanted to help out more this convention, but unfortunately with the way things were, I can't do much).
    Anyway.. sorry about that (I'll be glad when all this medical stuff is over with :( )
  8. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Well, my friends, the show is upon us, and there are things that need to be covered....

As we have established, this show is going to be a bit different. The room is going to be open on Friday at 9 AM, but the show isn't going to be available until about 2, so if you are looking to be involved on Friday, there's no need to be there before about 1:00. Since we won't have the full rig like we normally do, there won't be a bunch of set-up stuff involved. We will need to have somebody at the table as much as possible.

Tim has the banner for above the table (last I knew), so that needs to be there.

Beverly, would you make sure that we have the paper stuff that we require at the table?

Eric, since you are going to be there on Friday, I would like to ask you make sure that our little corner of the con is handled in a smooth manner. If you can't be there for Saturday, please designate somebody to handle it. Also make sure you get the exhibitor badges. ERIC ONLY.

The main focuses here are that there is somebody at the table at all times to answer any questions that people may have about us, and that we have all of the necessary stuff there that we need.

Stone, would you mind bringing your laptop to play your DVD's of the Trilogy? Something interactive would be good.

Let's get that head count now....
  9. jedimiss Jedi Youngling

Well, I have been looking forward to this convention for a while so why not! You can count on me. Oh BTW Bam, was that you in mesquite at the Sports Cafe when the Ticket was there??? I thought I saw you, but I didn't want to see like a heel if it wasn't.

Jedi Mistress-lover of the PT Cruiser.
  10. scudknight Jedi Youngling

star 3
    can I get a piece of the action? :) I should be there friday, and i think im dressing up jedi to sport my new lightsaber prototype.....can we play Faith again? I had fun last time...... :)
  11. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling

star 2
    This is your City Rep speaking. Sorry, I've got my vacation on my mind and I keep hearing the PA system on my plane in my head.

JEDI MISTRESS: That WAS you. I was there. That's my bar. I wasn't sure if that was you or not, so I was in the same boat as you. Kooky. I had MAJOR issues with that remote.

SCUD: Any member of the group is welcome at our table. As far as playing "Faith" again, I have no problem with that, as long as there is something there to play it on. As I said before, I can't bring out my equipment, so if somebody else can get a hold of a TV and VCR, I would be perfectly happy with that.

This thing is starting to shape up nicely... all is going according to my plans. World domination is at hand.

<shakes cobwebs out of head>

Man, this Short Timer's Diesase is getting to me. Only 7 more working days here!
  12. THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm willing to bring my vcr and tv to the show. I just need to get a ride with someone. I've got QoF, and many others on tape. If someone can offer me a ride please email/PM me asap. I'll help pay for gas. :D
  13. m0rpheus Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Jeff, we'll definately work something out to make sure you are there. If you get a ride, can you be there on Friday to help set up?
  14. THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I can be there to help set up Friday and Saturday. :cool:
  15. SabreMaker Jedi Youngling

Sorry for being ot of the loop. Been busy. I will be there at least one day. I have to work friday afternoon and a BBQ on saturday afternoon. So I'm available in the mornings.

As always I'll be catching back up with John Laurel fromthe San Antonio Force.

Todd
  16. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm going at least part of the time. I hope I can be there fri morning, but i'm editing a project and dont know if I'll have fri off.

I'll let ya'll know later.
  17. Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Needless to say, I'll be there on Friday at 1pm for the set up.
  18. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Good to see everyone stepping up to the plate. Thanks for everyone's help and support.
  19. scudknight Jedi Youngling

star 3
    THX, lemme know if you still can't get a ride.
  20. m0rpheus Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Just a reminder. Please be there Friday at 1pm if you are helping out. This is the list compiled of support personel to help with the table setup at 1pm and what not:

Marababe (You got flyers?)
    THX-Jedi (You bringing TV & VCR?)
    ScudKnight (You bringnig THXJEDI, please?)
    Kurgan1
    SithDaddy
    Stone (who might be a little late)
    Myself

If you have any questions post them here. Thanks again for everyones help. Looking forward to it.

OLDJEDI: Do you have the banner?
  21. old-master Jedi Youngling

star 1
    No one really knows me in the chapter, being the new guy and all, however I will be there on Sat. and possibly at the after-party. Where are we going to be at the show? I wanted to drop by. Kewl?
  22. THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, Scud, I still need a ride please. :D My Van is in the shop and doesn't come out until Sat. PM / email me and we can work out the details. Thanks.

I'll bring my TV and VCR and my SW related (QoF, etc.) tapes also. I'm going to try and get all the new Episode 2 "official site" documentaries on tape as well.

:cool:
  23. scudknight Jedi Youngling

star 3
    i need directions bro, trailer parks block out the Force. j/k :)
  24. scudknight Jedi Youngling

star 3
    btw, lemme know how much space you need in the car, I may have two passengers from DKP with me. think im gonna take my crappy mustang, but if you need more trunk space i can take my wifes car. though im sure i have decent space in the stang.
  25. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I might have THX's ride for Fri. Sence I live about 5 min away I can help out there.
    Call Jeff anyway Scud. He can iron out the details.

Sat is another story. I'm out of town for a Fathers Day event.

See ya later, MTFBWY!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.