main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Graves of Sand and Stone

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shinning_Star, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    Title: Graves of Sand and Stone

Author: Caslia

Author of: Rebirth of the Light, Rebirth of the Light 2: The Years In Between, Tatters of Hope, The Sibling Series (including Bond of Brothers and Sharing of Sisters), Just In Time for the Holidays (including The Cookie Wars and War of the Ice Cream), Brothers Beyond Blood, Children of Vader and The Lord and the Lady. *whew* That's a long list! *looks very pleased with herself*

Genre: General/Angst

Timeline: Between the Trilogies / Ep. III

Disclaimer: You can sue if you want, but I can?t promise I?ve got anything you might want.

Rating: PG

SUMMARY: Obi-wan takes Luke to the Lars to hide him from the Emperor and visits Shmi?s grave.

BACKGROUND INFO: This idea came to me after reading Star Wars: Tatooine Ghost by Troy Denning, in which Leia is on a mission for the New Republic and goes to Tatooine to retrieve an art piece that wasn?t destroyed with her home world. While she?s there, she gains insight into the life of her father and grandmother as slaves, as free beings, and as pawns of destiny. She also learns to see her father?s human side.

In one chapter she thinks of Obi-wan and wonders at the life he lived as a hermit, and imagined how he blamed himself every day for the monster that his apprentice became. I thought about writing a short piece on that as well, but in the end changed my mind as it would be similar to Tatters of Hope

This is something of a companion piece to Tatters, but both can be read separately. Actually, it would probably be best if you did. But they?re both around the same time period with Obi-wan reflecting upon the loss of Anakin and the destiny the Force planned for them all.

The child slept peacefully in his arms.

Obi-wan Kenobi, former general of the Republic and Jedi Master, clutched the sleeping babe in one arm and piloted the rusting landspeeder across the rocks with the other. The speeder swerved and swayed in the hot desert wind as he cut through the canyon, then finally gave up the fight as they roared out into the desolate and seemingly endless desert of Tatooine.

It was blistering hot, as it always was on this water depraved planet. And the twin suns, their presence a great irony, show down upon the Jedi and child without mercy.

Wrapped securely in his blanket, little Luke Skywalker murmured and turned to hide his face from the heat in the dark confines of Obi-wan?s robe.

?Almost there.? Kenobi muttered, calling up the direction of the farmstead on the locator and slightly adjusting course. ?We should be there before nightfall, little one.?

Despite knowing this was the purpose of their journey, to give the baby Skywalker into the care of the Lars at their moisture farm, so that the boy might grow up free of Darkside influence, the thought of relinquishing his protection of the child was a sad one for Kenobi.

In the last few weeks, as the galactic situation had deteriorated, what with the rise of the Sith Emperor and the Jedi Purge that had swept clean the old Order, Obi-wan had known little beyond fear, guilt and despair. Then, in desperation, an angel had appeared and given him the gift of hope and redemption.

Twin children. Both Force-sensitive, and believed to be destined to save the galaxy from the sins of their father.

Anakin? Obi-wan found his thoughts always returned to his former apprentice and best friend. To the young man he had strived to teach the Jedi way, only to have failed Skywalker and allowed him to fall to his own inner darkness.

It had been a great relief, as well as a crushing defeat, when Skywalker had fallen to what should have been his doom in the lava pits of Sullest. Kenobi had thought his friend free of both the Darkness and the Sith?s taloned reach.

But Fate had a twisted sense of humor.

Anakin Skywalker was reborn from the fire, his body blacked and twisted, like his soul, and sealed within a mask, his body a living machine, so that the former Jedi might fulfill his sworn oaths to the Emperor.

Obi-wan?s one, small saving of grac

2. Webogirl

Webogirl Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    :_|:_|Look - you made me use more crying icon faces--:_|:_|

I'm quite moved and speechless...

3. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Brilliant! :_| :_|

Oh dear, I like your Obi-Wan so much... When he lost control over his emotions - the most perfect Jedi of the old Order- I started to cry to...

I liked this line: "The child, young as he was, had kept Obi-wan occupied and entertained, enough that his mind and heart had been given a little time to begin the healing process." Because it says so much- it ignites your imagination...

4. princess_meg

princess_meg Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    okay, that was wonderful. i had tears in my eyes

5. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    :D Thanks! :D

I didn't mean to make anyone cry, though. But I'm glad you liked it. It was one of those random ideas I decided to run with.

LadyZ: It's surprising to me how many people say they like my Obi-wan. I used to not like him very much, at least in the beginning, cuz I was such a big Anakin fan. But he's become this really sweet, emotional guy for me. I kinda feel like he always kept his emotions so well guarded after Qui-gon's death, and then Anakin's turn just opens up this gate. It's my fav time in his life to write him, :D when he's so emotional vunerable and so open.

Well, glad you liked it! Thanks so much for reading!
    Caslia

6. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
  7. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I really enjoyed this story, even though it was sad. :_|

Beautifully written.

8. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    That was really beautiful, and very touching.

9. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    This was beautiful and so well-written. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.