main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grayside Academy: a support and training thread for all Graysiders

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ArnaKyle, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey, don't feel bad, 8th graders are cool!

2. BelleBayard

BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Mar 16, 2000
    Sorry to have been MIA. Work, school (online classes), and bad headaches have kept me from my fun activities on the 'net. I'm an old lady here (almost 50), so I guess you could call me the female equivalent of Qui-Gon. Hehehehe... Anyway, I'll try to poke my head in every once in a while to see what's happening. If there's anything in particular you need help with as far as characterization of canon folks, just holler (my email addy's in my profile). May the Grayside Force Be With You!

3. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    I'm in a thread reviving mood.......up

4. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I have bad news....because I was kicked off of the computer so long, our history is not going so well.....I will have to catch up, and I will soon...but just incase there is something that happened that wans't here, could someone let me know? Just in case.

5. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    I have been missing for quiet some time myself when it comes to here.

Ahhhhh! I am falling to the darkside! I am going back to pure and horrible torture, and beinging to love it! ;)

6. Gutter_Monkey

Gutter_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Quicke opion poll:
    In my new series, Texicon Station, trouble fallows the charicters around like a fathful puppy. My question is this, do you want more dogfights or blaster battles. And I'm sorry, no- there are no jedi in this series so lightsabers are not gonna be a happenin' thing.

7. Gutter_Monkey

Oct 15, 2001
    ARRRGGGGGGG! SOMEBODY ANSWER ME!

8. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    dofights with a hidden blaster in the boot ;)

9. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Yea, that sounds like a good idea. A hidden blaster in a boot or something like that.

By the way, I have a question for everyone. How do you tell if a story is grayside? I can't seem to tell the differnce.

10. Gutter_Monkey

Oct 15, 2001
    Uh, I think it has to be one or the other. But some episodes may have more focus on one then the other.

11. Gutter_Monkey

Oct 15, 2001
  12. ArnaKyle

Nov 12, 2000
    *yawn* I thought I'd check in with what's going on here.

To answer your question, Princess, a fic that is not entirely happy nor entirely sad is grayside. This can range from the ending in any of the SW installments. ANH is predominantly happy, but you know Darth Vader is still alive. ESB ends on a darker note, but a glimmer of hope lives through for the rebellion. And RotJ focuses on the end of the empire, but Luke couldn't save Vader.

As long as its not "happily ever after" or "nobody gets out alive" I consider it towards the Grayside.

13. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Wow, grayside! I didn't even know there was a thread for this; I'm sort of new at writing fanfic. I completely agree that SW stories need more "balance," and even though I tend toward the "happily ever after" side of the spectrum, I'd love to join. Plus you guys look like you could use a new member to up this place more. :)

14. ArnaKyle

Nov 12, 2000
    We'd love to have you here, Lady_Tahiri! :) Our goal is to promote a "balance" in fanfiction and become well-rounded authors at many different genres. Just ask my apprentice, I make him write everything from mush to humor. ;)

And I, personally, always love talking to a fellow A/T author. ;)

15. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Welcome Lady_Tahiri!

And thanks for answering my question Arna, you put it very well.

16. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Thanks for the welcomings, you can just call me Lady for short ... how did you know I was an A/T author ArnaKyle?

17. ArnaKyle

Nov 12, 2000
    Seen your fics around, Lady. ;)

I'm a horrible lurker. But yes, I've also seen you in the A/T archive...I've only written one A/T, but it's still probably my most popular to date. They're so sweet together...

18. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Lurkers. *shakes head* ;) Yes, those two are the sweetest. And thanks for the praise, but I've only written one fic (which isn't even close to finished yet)!

19. Gutter_Monkey

Oct 15, 2001
    Tahiri, which would you like to see more of in a fic about bounty hunters? Dogfights or blaster battles?

BTW Arna, sorry I haven't sent in any more instalments for beta reading, but I have been tied down writeing three 500 word pices that I need by 4/26 if i want to get on the school newspaper. I only have two done, and should probably get back to writing now.

20. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Bring on the dogfights! :D

21. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    *notices that no one has posted on the thread for over a month* Um, did I scare everyone away? :( I seem to have a knack for doing that ...

^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^

Up!

22. ArnaKyle

Nov 12, 2000
    Thanks Tahiri! I'll get to work on the request as soon as I can. ;)

23. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Holy heck . . . lot of youngsters here . . . I haven't even finished my first fanfic here and this U of M freshman already feels like an old man . . .

Looking at the definition of "grayside" fic, I certainly fit it. Below is a link to "Snow Job," which is a spy vs. bounty hunter fic. In many of my fanfics, nobody's perfect and the hero doesn't always save the day.

24. Gutter_Monkey

Oct 15, 2001
    My god! I leave for one tiny winene semester, and the whole place goes to hell. Well enogh with the lack of posts, and UP ya' go!

25. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Can I join this party?

~~Aanix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.