main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great Advertisement for StarFest 04 - Official Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    yup. in the april meeting thread SS set up.

and why dont we put a sign on our table just telling ppl we are having our meeting and wherre and tell them to coem on down if they want!

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    People will have a lot of their toys and props on the table and that stuff will need to be watched.

3. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I WILL HELP SAT.AND FRIDAY AFTER I GET OFF WORK IF NEEDED,I WORK TILL 6 AND COULD BE THERE BY 7PM IM
    GOOD FOR FIRST THING IN THE MORING ON SAT.TOO.I
    CANT BE THERE SUNDAY,ITS MY WIFES B-DAY.JUST LET
    ME KNOW WHEN YOU NEED ME.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Table: put me down for 1-2pm on Sat and 11-12pm on Sunday, please.

edit: assuming the meeting is only an hour long, of course... start time on Sat flexible, I guess! Or maybe 1:30-2:30? I have a panel I wanted to attend at 3pm.

5. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    The list is started.

AM I put you down for 10-11 and 2-3 on Saturday, let me know if you want different times.

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks for doing that guys, Mac asked if he could do it & I said sure. I don't have time to make a list & check it twice & make sure people do there thing, sorry. To many costumes on my list.

I think we should keep the items & personal items to a minimum at the table, last year there was so much stuff, it was hard for 2 people to sit behind the table. That way if we do have to leave it unmanned for an hour or less we don't have to worry about anything walking away. But if we have ice chests, jackets, purses & stuff on display w/ laptops & what not, that will be to much stuff for two people to pack up if they do have to leave for a while.

We can start setting up the table at 3pm on Friday, I'm going to get off work early, have no idea what Jeff's time frame looks like, but we have 1,000 things to pack before we leave. So not sure how early we can get there. We are trying to get a banner & a standy thing for it.

7. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok, finally got off my duff and got my tickets and my hotel reservation.

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    About time :eek: Still haven't got our tickets yet, I will do that tomorrow. Still need to call the hotel to tell them where I would like my room to be!

9. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I finally got the info about the Staff meeting, it's Saturday, i'll have more info about the con after that, i'll also decide then whether or not i'm going to go ahead and do security full time and get a free badge or if i'm buying my ticket.

10. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Good luck with that SC, most Hotels won't actually decide your room location until check in.

11. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I've had some luck with requesting that in advance at Starcon before.

Best bet is to get there early to check in.

12. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Josh and I have our room reserved. Haven't really put much thought into where it's located...should I even worry about it? I don't think most of the partying will be going on in our room anyway, lol.

And do I need to worry about getting my tix before I get to the door?

edit: I was looking at tickets online...and am a little confused. It asks what type of shipping you want, or you can choose tickets only...what's that about? Can I order them online and not worry about picking them up until registration? Or do I need to have the tix shipped to me? I'm not wanting to spend their $30 on overnight, and the only other option would be "fast 5-business day" shipping...which means it might not get here in time...

soooo. do I order them online and say tickets only and somehow pick them up when I get there? or do I just wait until I get to the door and buy my tix then?

13. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    has anyone started on a stand for a banner ?

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I don't think so, I think that's your job :D

15. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    are we gonna have a banner ?

i'll start it on sunday . is pvc ok ?

16. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    I'll have the Legion Banner, though I know you all are jumping up and down with excitement over that.

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, we have to think about it, maybe it can go on there too?
    I can't wait till Jen-nay gets here so she can tell me if I belong on the strip in Vegas or not. So afraid my costume makes me look like a hooker, so I'm not going to wear a lot of makeup with it :D
    Thinking about dying my hair a more yellowy blonde color, then Jeff wants me to go RED!

18. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm here, Kimmay, I'm here...oh but you mean wait til thursday....ah.

I'm sure your costume is fine...I would go with blonde, not red though. :)

19. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    [[double force push]] Cmon folks it's THIS WEEKEND :D

Error: Only 1 force push per minute is allowed.

20. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    It should be fun.

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I plan on having the time of my life :D

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Is the planning not done yet? What about the Family Fued thing? Are we doing that?
    I'm still busy with the costume making to be posting much. I'm also training someone at work & getting ready to go on vacation, so there I'm planning a lot :p

The main thing I'm going to do at the Con is have fun, it's my B-Day week starting then. So no-one stress me out, I'll have Jen-nay as my muscle :D

23. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm still planning on making sure both House Veska and the RMFF are signed up for the Feud. I haven't heard a whole lot in the way of planning lately, though, but I've also been swamped under actual work, and costume stuff.

24. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    which tickets should I buy,the GA or the VIP?

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    The main thing I'm going to do at the Con is have fun, it's my B-Day week starting then. So no-one stress me out, I'll have Jen-nay as my muscle

You heard the lady...I'm the muscle 8-}

anthony...unless you want reserved seating for the guests, most people just go with the general admission. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.