Great Advertisement for StarFest 04 - Official Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. anthonymaul Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks,I dont care about the seating,Im going with my son on Sat.so we just go and have fun.
  2. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We just go and have fun, too. :)

I bought VIP tickets and reserved seating last year, and it was sooooooooo not worth it for me. I had a good seat to see one of the guests...but...The chairs are tiny and cramped in together...I spent the entire time with the lady sitting next to me (and her kids) practically sitting on my lap. Big waste of money, imo. :D
  3. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    We did come up with a plan for the banner, D'Hair is putting something together with PVC pipe to hold it on, 7' high by 5' wide, and i'll print up a new copy of the one from last year, hopefully tonight after hours.
  4. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    For whoever put together the outline for the talk... in the care of costume section, storage - what do you mean by "soft goods"? It's written as Trunk - soft goods vs props.

5. Jedi_Pilot Force Ghost

star 4
    That would be me then. Soft goods, as in the fabric pieces of a costume. Props may need some sort of cushoning or protection while being moved and the softer pieces can just be folded and placed in the trunk.
  6. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    I went with the Platinum VIP this year, since I don't really know what I'm doing, or when I'll be doing it. It was a bit more pricey, but seemed to provide the most options and flexibility. Many moons ago however, I was strictly a GA kinda kid...
  7. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was just looking at the Friday schedule. Who wants to try braving the no doubt FOUR HOUR LONG LOTR: Two Towers "extended version" showing at 10pm in the video room with me? LOL. [face_laugh]
  8. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    Banner is done.

DVD's are mostly ready.

Thanks to Amy the posters with the Zap, Bam, Biff etc are done, she did a great job, I think it'll be hilarious.
  9. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Tell her thanks for us, OW. Everything is coming together so well. :)

I've told everyone I know that will be at the con to show up at the contest and make as much noise for us as is humanly possible...and yes, I have friends that will be there other than you fine folk. 8-}
  10. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    BTW - for people who have my cellphone number, I will not have that cellphone with me at the con. I'm too cheap to pay the ridiculous roaming fees. Instead I'm borrowing my mom's national no-roaming phone, even though it's this huge monstrocity of a cellphone and I'm sure I'll go into withdrawl from not having my own cute little phone with me. Anyway, I'll pm the number to Zoo, SC, Mistress and JGoC - anyone who needs to call can get the number from them or from me at the con.
  11. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Got it thanks :D

Can't wait, today is going to drag out I just know it.
  12. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    BTW - does anyone have an Ewok-sized box I could have at the end of the weekend? I've been informed that Lt. Kettch is traveling back to Calif, but he'll have to go in cargo. Oh, and packing tape?
  13. anthonymaul Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    How much stuff do we actually have for the table?

I'm thinking of bringing a DVD player and 13" Tv to run stuff on.
  15. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    The con schedule (locked and available at www.starland.com) is interesting, they completely changed the format, and they actually have autograph and photograph times posted, to my knowledge, that's a first for this con.
  16. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    I just looked at it the other day & noticed the prices for autographs went down.

Will take another look. I will bring the flyers, we were talking about a dress dummy & putting different costumes on it during the day. We have the banner stand, Sarah had talked about a table cloth?
  17. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    i can bring assless chapps
  18. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    should i brimg the usual props ? light sabers detonaters , commlinks , blasters ...
  19. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    what time is everyone getting there .

im hoping to leave thornton around 4pm
  20. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm hoping to be there around one.

After totally sleeping in all morning :)
  21. Jedi_Pilot Force Ghost

star 4
    I should be there around 2-3.
  22. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    My VIP pass arrived in the mail today from Starland, so I guess I'm pretty much set to go once I arrive.

Only 19 hours to go...
  23. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Table cloth is a no go. I officially hate my serger, as it decided to eat it. Never before have I seen such a tangled mess. [face_plain] I am trying to regress the memory.

Oh, and remember how we were talking about what to stick Obi-wannabe in after we get him really drunk? How about those assless chaps Hair is bringing ;) :p Of course he'll have to supply his own thong.
  24. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    no matter how hard I try, that visual will be scared in my mind untill the day I die. Then it will haunt me for all eternity
  25. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We're planning on leaving P-town at 4pm.

Figure in...wind speed, planetary rotation, an Ewok, something blowing up, and a minor cosmic disturbance caused by accidentally conjuring an unstoppable ethereal horror while trying to slow down time just enough so I can get everything done, and...

We should be there around 10pm.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.