main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great Advertisement for StarFest 04 - Official Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Your Jedi Costume has gotten ragged???? What have you done to it!!!! :mad: ;)

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I've worn it :p

plus the belt is a bit too snug for me right now [face_blush]

that should be remedied by starfest if I keep on my current path though...

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Sarah, are you still getting a booth? Have you looked into that yet?

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Are you really wanting to be IN the Con Block?

Oh. Um, I assumed that there would be a discount rate on rooms in the con block, and you know how we all like to save money. But no, I'm not set on anything. I'm happy with whatever. (Though I think I will need an allergin-free room in order to survive the weekend. :p)

5. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Drats. Looks like it isn't quite time to look into flights yet. The current best deal for airfare is pretty sweet, but the latest travel is April 14. One more week, I suppose...

6. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    You can have the no party room :p ;) So you can survive & come back. So Alison, you want to room with someone? Sarah, Leah & ZOO seem to have the same allergic reactions to some of our bad habits :D

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    ZOO will once again be staying at Chez Ptrsons ;)

And no, actually, I've found that they jack up the rates for the Con Block :eek: I went to Madison on a business trip and rolled it over into FilmCon, and my room was $20/night cheaper! :mad:

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Alison, I'd love to get a room with you :)

And I'm looking into the booth thing now. I just don't know if the patterns will be ready by then...

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Cool. :) What kind of stuff are you doing for your booth? For those who got rooms last year - how far in advance did you make your reservation?

Wow. They lied to us all those times that they told us to book under the convention or the conference name!! [face_shocked]

10. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    If I remember right I got my room reservation about 4-6 weeks in advance. However starting now probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

11. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I just booked my room through Expedia. As usual the rates were better than the con rates.

Con rate - 76 per night
    Expedia - 69 for double occupancy, 1 or 2 beds, breakfast for 2 each day.

The hotel's website also offers a rate of 59/night without the breakfast.

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well for my booth I was thinking of selling my patterns (which range from Star Wars knock offs to othere science fictiony and fantasy type patterns.) They've just not been mass produced yet nor have they been field tested. So I don't know if they'll be ready by april.

So Alison, do you want to share a room? Will you be getting it for two nights? I'm planning on being in Denver on Friday and Saturday nights.

13. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    So, aside from assorted unsubstantiated rumors regarding possible appearances by Sarah Michelle Gellar and Carrie Fisher, has anyone heard any other juicy rumblings regarding who might be gracing our proud Con?

14. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Not a peep.

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    how long before do we usually know? seems like it's just around the corner and nobody seems to have a clue...

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    JGoC: Sounds great to me. I don't actually have plane tickets yet, but I would hope to fly in Fri evening and leave Sun afternoon/evening. So Fri and Sat night hotel would be just right.

Should I start thinking about going ahead and booking a room, then? What are your thoughts on the breakfast/no breakfast thing O_W mentioned?

17. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I say bring you're cereal and some milk and screw the breakfast thing... Hell, if you partake like the rest of them, you're not gonna want breakfast anyway ;) Besides, would you eat $10 worth of breakfast? :p BUt that's just "Bargain Basement Jenn" talking again ;)

18. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    If I get a room, I'll need to share too...are there any other solos out there? Female solos lol...

A couch would work too. I can probably afford a solo couch :D

19. SandyShortsTusken

SandyShortsTusken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2003
    So, aside from assorted unsubstantiated rumors regarding possible appearances by Sarah Michelle Gellar and Carrie Fisher, has anyone heard any other juicy rumblings regarding who might be gracing our proud Con? <- sithslayer
    ---------------------------------------
    Bruce Campbell is a possible.

20. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Female solos lol...

dangit! lol, j/k.

I dunno yet if I can afford a hotel room. My pay is getting all screwed up lately...just have to wait and see I guess. Stupid military finance.

21. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    A Solo couch? Is that anything like what Han & Leia have in their living room?

Bruce Campbell, eh? Sweet...

Isn't he in Mark Hammill's new comic book movie? Has anyone seen Bubba Hotep yet?

22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    hey cory, if you want you can bunk in my room. its looking like it will be just me and zac. i can take the floor. that way we could split the cost 3 ways.

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks for talking about rooms, I need to get one soon. I can't wait!! I love Con's on my B-day :D

24. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    mac: not a bad idea. but I'll take the floor.

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hmm. I'm not sure how to interpret this. This is from the Denver Marriott Tech Center hotel webpage, under rate rules for the $59/night room:

Cancellation Policy
    1 NTS RM & TX CXL PENALTY
    -AS FIRST NIGHT PAYMENT
    CANCELLATION PERMITTED
    -BEFORE 1800 DAY OF ARRIVAL
    1 NTS RM & TX CXL PENALTY
    -AS FIRST NIGHT PAYMENT
    CANCELLATION PERMITTED
    -BEFORE 1800 DAY OF ARRIVAL

Is it saying that if you cancel before 1800 the day of arrival, you won't be charged a cancellation fee? Or is it saying that you'll be charged the first night's cost as penalty no matter what, but that if you cancel before 1800 the first day that this is all you'll be charged, rather than the whole cost? My previous experience with hotels has been the former, but darned shorthand and legal speech... I'm not sure what this is saying.

Anyhow, JGoC, I'm looking into reservations for 2 dbl bed, non-smoking. Does that sound ok? Any preference on other stuff? Looks like we can also ask (though not definitively get) early check-in, foam pillows, roll-away bed, or a specific room location (level, near elevator). Let me know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.