main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great Advertisement for StarFest 04 - Official Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I got a call, in advance, from Jeremy the head of security, that never happened before!!!

Maybe they actually have their act together this year :)

He wanted to know if I was going to be on Security, I told him to count on me to be part of the team, but that I would probably only take like 1 shift per day.

2. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    That's awesome that they at least seem to be more together this year. And this just after I finished telling someone on the costuming boards that STar Fest wasn't all that organized. [face_blush]

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I just can't wait to get there :D

When is it again?....... Just kiddin'

4. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Just booked room, will call & confirm location of room on Monday or sometime next week.

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    You can choose/confirm the location of your room ahead of time? I didn't know that - I assumed you didn't get assigned an actual location until the day you got there.

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    BTW, is there anything I can do to help with the presentation? I won't be there to do phsyical labor ahead of time, but I'd volunteer for anything that can be done long distance or anything I can help with at the time of the presentation.

What is the plan for this, anyway? I saw some thoughts and suggestions earlier in the thread, but it didn't sound definite. Are there any further plans yet for how to put everything together, what to do, and what to bring?

7. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm putting the presentation together, and have already done the outline. SS is going to be working on a powerpoint presentation for it. The outline is on the starfest thread over at the website. Let me know if you want me to send you a copy.

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    It's going to be real cool :D Alison (don't want to step on JP's toes) maybe you could help with "idea & research" ??
    I have sent the info to that Susan girl, my e-mail has been hosed for over a month & sending it took about 3 years off my life :( I haven't heard back, but then again I haven't looked for a couple of days.
    Do we care what time? As anybody want to do something on the schedule at a special time you know of already?
    I picked Saturday, late AM?

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sure, I can help with ideas and research. Just off the top of my head - I noticed that one sub-section was online research. Perhaps a list of the biggest online resources for some of the major costuming areas, ie Star Wars, LotR, anime, other sci-fi/comic/fantasy areas?

Having attended many seminars and conferences, I know what a pain it is to try to pay attention to the presentation and take notes at the same time. Perhaps we could make printouts of some things people might want to write down, such as urls for costume research, urls for online sewing tutorials, and other stuff like that? Things that people would want to write down. Also... what about making the powerpoint presentation available on the RMFF website after the con, so that people can continue to use it as a resource?

10. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, on a time and day for the presentation. Ouch. That's a really tough question. It sounds like there are a number of events that our people aren't going to want to miss - for example, wild banthas couldn't drag some of us away from the Daniel Shanks panel! (And btw, I would suggest that we plan in time before the panel to get in line, so we can get good seats.) However, it seems like the schedule for many panels isn't set in stone this early... so it may be hard for us to say when a good time would be.

11. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    At this point, anything that anyone wants to include in the .ppt, would be great. We've discussed a little bit on the RMFF site, but basically I'm openly soliciting pictures, video, audio, tutorials, anything to stir the creative juices, etc.

Anyone with anything to contribute, feel free to PM me, or post in this thread, or on the RMFF site.

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I've come across some useful online resources in the past. I'll try to dig them out and pass them your way over the next week...

As for pictures, are we looking for ones of finished costumes, work in progress, or both?

13. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    This is on the list of activities for StarFest:

Costuming: Not Just Fabric and Thread Anymore.
    Members of the Millennium Costumers Guild will delve into the exciting world of strange and unusual, new and exciting products that they have found for creating costumes. They will cover a variety of products, where to get them and how to use them.

14. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Is there a way to incorporate something for Urban Peak into any of the stuff we're doing in the near future? It seems to me we haven't done anything for charity in a long time.

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    We could auction off our Gotham team for Urban Peak... I could produce interesting results...

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    All I've heard back from StarFest is they have our application, looks good, no yah or nah yet.

Who is signing us up for the costume contest? Not it!

17. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    This is going to be great!!! I tried on bodysuits yesterday and bought the mask I'm altering for me costume. This is going to be great!!!

Did I already say that? Oh well. I'm super stoked.

18. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I need some help here :D

I filled out the application, just gave a run down of the topics we will be covering and this is what is posted on the web-site. We can get it changed I jsut don't know to what?

Sith Sweat Shop
    Costuming fun with friends. Ideas and research, patterns and material, sewing and alterations, accessories and props. Brought to you by Rocky Mountain Fan Force

19. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Was anyone going to respond to the fact that I posted the listing here about an identical panel already on the schedule at StarFest?

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I was just perusing the StarFest activities, and was gonna post the same thing that O_W did previously, since I haven't visited this thread in a while.

I also found these similar costuming/prop-related panels/forums that will be taking place:

ERC 1138 Costuming 102
    How to make Rebel Gear from 'Return of the Jedi' and how to make costumes from different pattern pieces.

Prop Making 101 - To Make or to Buy
    House Vampyr will discuss whether it is better to make or to buy your props.

Prop Making 102 - Making Your Own Props
    Now that you've decided on making your own props, we will discuss materials, modeling, and painting. We will also be making a small pin for each participant, cost is just $1 to cover materials, resin paint.

Through the Stargate
    Come join us for an informal discussion on the reality of Sub Level 28, the politics and motives of Senator/Vice President Kinsey, the downfall of the Jaffa/Tokra/Tauri Alliance, as well as the upcoming Atlantis spinoff. If you've ever wanted to wear a Tokra costume, be a Jaffa, use a hand device, or create a costume inspired by the show, we'll give you some ideas along with the discussion.

And here we are:

Sith Sweat Shop
    Costuming fun with friends. Ideas and research, patterns and material, sewing and alterations, accessories and props. Brought to you by Rocky Mountain Fan Force.

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Oh, and by the way, we are scheduled for 8:00 AM Saturday Morning....

Yowch...that could be rough...

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    WHAT? Where did you see that? And how did I miss that?

I did talk to some people that had this idea in the first place. They said it's "OK" everybody elses is about one area of costuming ours is everything, or something like that?

I want to change the wording on ours, so any ideas?

OUCH, 8am. Glad I didn't sign up for anything yet :p

23. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    What's wrong with our wording. Seems pretty straightforward & to the point, if ya ask me...

Not that ya did, though...

24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Well yes I did ask [face_plain] I was wanting to know if that sounded ok with everybody?
    Looks like I'm not going to help with this one, with Sarah, Jennifer, Leah, Alison & Terry I think we have this covered I don't think you'll need me. Besides, I'm not a morning person, It's my B-Day weekend (I'm going to be 30, you know ;) )
    We will need to talk to this more at the meeting.

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    8am??

Oh boy... I'm gonna be one cranky cat ;) Hehe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.